Community Gaming Events - Tournament 6/2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
1) Multiplayer Game of the Month: Playerunknown Battlegrounds - Starting 5-12!

An online multiplayer game of the week. The hope here is to try and drive everyone to playing the same game (casually) with full Discord support. Obviously you play whatever you want whenever you want, but I thought it would be fun to try and change things up a bit from time to time by injecting new games into the mix for people to try out. It will be anything from Sandbox games, FPS's, RTS's, Racing, etc. This segment will be edited with the game of the week on 3-3-17 with full information on the game itself. These will run from Friday to the following Friday. Giving us a new game of the week for every new weekend.

2) Game of the Month: What Remains of Edith Finch - Through 6-2

3) Tournament: 6-2 - Game to be determined

* How to sign up * Please PM me your intent to play. Steam ID needed so I can friend you (Spectating for play by play announcing). I will be streaming this. Anyone interested in Color Commentary, let me know! :) All Voice comms will be on Discord information below - Tournaments section. I will NOT be playing in the tournament.

Discord Information: Click the link below and be transported into the magical world of voice comms and chat.

Discord

There are two new channels (Thanks Hatorade Hatorade )

1) "Game of the Week" : Go here if you would like to talk/speak with people playing the game of the week and play together.

2) "Tournaments" : This is for those wishing to participate in the Tournament.

Twitch Stream of Tournament:

TBD!

How to make yourself accessible via gaming profiles:

Luckily, a_skeleton_03 made this very easy for all of us to do. I highly recommend it.

All you have to do is put your user name in each box per service/system that you own/possess, and you are done. It will automatically populate your gamer tags for you in the bottom of your profile page when you post. Do this via the link below.

https://www.firesofheaven.org/account/contact-details

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Twitch Stream of Tournament

I knew it, whole campaign was based around enriching yourself by becoming a famous twitch streamer on the back of our labor. Typical politician.

p.s. good luck with this depending on the games i'm in!

• 2Like
  • 1SJW
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I was thinking of making a rererolled twitch channel. I most definitely do not want to be a stream dude. Personally, we can forgo that altogether. But thought some people may want to watch the results or live as it is happening if they are bored.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I was thinking of making a rererolled twitch channel. I most definitely do not want to be a stream dude. Personally, we can forgo that altogether. But thought some people may want to watch the results or live as it is happening if they are bored.

No, it's the perfect way to archive the gaming nights. People who are into it who might not participate for whatever reason may want to go back and watch, especially if something particularly fun or funny happens.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This sounds like a fun way to make me feel like I have some friends.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
LOVE the ideas.

Utnayan Utnayan , would you consider adding a Retro Game of the Month? Same idea as game of the month, only focused on a classic 8 or 16 bit game. This could include popular games we are all familiar with or niche titles that were overlooked and are worth exploring.

...I suppose if that's overkill, I could try something like that in the Retro Games Thread.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
^^ Yeah maybe keep that in the retro thread. But, there may be one that pops up for game of the month.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I nominate Doom for the game of the month.

latest?cb=20121205194057

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
First tourney should be an older game most already have or can get cheap. My pics, top pics in bold:
Rocket League
Star Craft 2
Speed Runners
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 or BF1
Blood Bowl
X-Com 1 or 2
Dark Soul 3 level twenty restricted PvP
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
(one of my all time favorite games)
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Total War: WARHAMMER
MTG
Frozen Cortex(great real time/turnbased arena football game)
Trackmania
Swords and Soldiers HD
Trials 2: Second Edition
FORCED
Left 4 Dead 2
War of the Roses
Battlerite

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Add Dota 2 to that list.

It's 100% free to play and awesome.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'll be working on the rest this weekend to get everyone ready and so people interested in the first tournament can practice/install/learn the game. :) discord is set. If you haven't yet please add the ids for steam which is listed how to do it in the OP.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Speaking of old-school vintage games... we might have to fire up Everquest test server and all head to Lake Rathetear Arena for a Best of the Best tournament brawler.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Oh man lol I remember announcing for that as a guide.

eXarc

Molten Core Raider
Holy shit Hatorade Hatorade , Dark Souls 3 with a level 20 cap is fucking genius. Never even occurred to me.

Also DoTA is a great choice but requires two sets of 5 so just reminding everyone you could also do 1 on 1 mid mode ;)

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
lol good luck

I'd be interested in tourney if it was CS, BF, or any Fps.

Also Rocket League.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'd play if it was a game I had but, considering I'd probably never play it again after, I don't want to spend the $ for shit I don't own already!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Thread updated!

I plan on making the game of the week the same as the tournament game so that will give people one week to practice.

Send me your submissions if interested! Next Tournament is in 6 weeks so you will want to jump on this one for a chance to win $50.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rocket League is a great choice as the first game to kick off the Community Gaming Events.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Holy shit Hatorade Hatorade , Dark Souls 3 with a level 20 cap is fucking genius. Never even occurred to me.

Also DoTA is a great choice but requires two sets of 5 so just reminding everyone you could also do 1 on 1 mid mode ;)

I am so terrible at DoTA...but I am down. And yeah DS 3 allows for all kinds of PvP shenanigans.