Community Gaming Events - Tournament 6/2

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
SOMA is on sale at gog for 10 bucks (regular 29.99):

SOMA

Not sure if anyone else is planning on playing it, but I love these kinds of horror games so I'm definitely going to pick it up and plow through it at some point this month.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Ok sounds good. Looks like 4-1 for sure :)

A little ways out but I usually have every 3rd weekend.

We could ask a_skeleton_03 to place a super sticky at the top of the forums just like the mod voting one, try to get some more eyes to see what's going on.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
skill cap too high on rocket league, im terrible at that game

also don't own on PC

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I could participate, but outside of Senaiel, there is no one on this forum that could beat me in a 1v1 and it has nothing to do with ego. Unless we got some champion lurkers around (which we might) my participation doesn't make a 1v1 tourney more competitive.

I think we should do some kind of draft tourney. It can be 2v2 or 3v3 based on number of players. If we have more players, we can do 3v3 to keep the bracket under control. If we are lighter on players we can 2v2 to get enough teams. My idea for the draft tourney is that much like the world cup group draws. We seed people as best we can by their relative ranks or personal estimated skill. Then we just match up teams with 1 person from each pool, or with pool values that are equal. For example. I should be grouped with some silver rank player on the forum for a 2v2 tournament, but maybe a gold bar 3/gold star rank players can be together. Its not perfect, but its close to the best we can do.

Randomized teams also gives everyone a reasonably better chance to compete regardless of skill.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I could participate, but outside of Senaiel, there is no one on this forum that could beat me in a 1v1 and it has nothing to do with ego. Unless we got some champion lurkers around (which we might) my participation doesn't make a 1v1 tourney more competitive.

I think we should do some kind of draft tourney. It can be 2v2 or 3v3 based on number of players. If we have more players, we can do 3v3 to keep the bracket under control. If we are lighter on players we can 2v2 to get enough teams. My idea for the draft tourney is that much like the world cup group draws. We seed people as best we can by their relative ranks or personal estimated skill. Then we just match up teams with 1 person from each pool, or with pool values that are equal. For example. I should be grouped with some silver rank player on the forum for a 2v2 tournament, but maybe a gold bar 3/gold star rank players can be together. Its not perfect, but its close to the best we can do.

Randomized teams also gives everyone a reasonably better chance to compete regardless of skill.

Yeah I was planning on Randomization. However, I used 1v1 only because I do not know how many people will participate. If we get enough, I would love to do a 2v2 instead and give a $25 Amazon card to each teammate in the 2's team, and that would help offset. I guess it will all depend on how many we get for the first go around. I left the game of the week as Rocket League on purpose so hopefully people will practice with each other and try to gear up to win :)

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Anyone who wants to rocket cars can message me anytime. Especially in the next week. The season is ending and I don't care if I blow my ratings up at this point. If you're on the edge of silver to gold or gold to blue star for wheel rewards we can see about some ranking up if people are into that. A 1v1 tourney is still a terrible idea in my opinion and I'd be a favorite to win. Even if we did a kind of round robin mashup 2's it would be better. Or if we just played mix and matched 2's for the hell of it if we only get 6~8 or fewer players.

The patch on the 22nd could actually enhance the group/party custom experience. I hope they are blowing out the backend of the game to support features like custom tournaments, and spectating features.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Hey guys,

So based on how many we have, I hope to try a round robin with random team mates in 2's. April 1st is the tourney date. I will be making a Twitch account to broadcast for fun. Anyone want to volunteer as color commentary?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am flying to California for work March 30th thru April 2nd. Bummed I have to miss the Rocket League tourney. I am terrible, but it would have been fun to play with you guys.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
@a_skeleton_03 Could you put out a bulletin on the Rocket League Tournment for Saturday 4-1? Going to see how much interest we have.

Everyone - Please let me know if you would like to participate. :) Nothing to lose. Gift cards to win.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
@a_skeleton_03 Could you put out a bulletin on the Rocket League Tournment for Saturday 4-1? Going to see how much interest we have.

Everyone - Please let me know if you would like to participate. :) Nothing to lose. Gift cards to win.
Just point them to this thread? A thread specific to it? Link me the exact post outlining the info.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Hey everyone interested, please let me know if you plan on playing Saturday :)

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Awesome. I'll need your Steam name so I can add you as a friend. I'll be spectating and doing play by play.