Crockpots

I received this one for xmas,Cuisinart MSC-600 3-In-1 Cook Central Multi-Cooker. It was an amazing upgrade from my 10 year old typical round, white porcelain type.

I've used it several times already, for everything from bone broth to Swedish meatballs to scratch made mac n cheese. Being able to brown meat and saute veggies right in the pot is a big plus. I haven't used the steamer rack yet but it will have its day. The crock cleans up super easy and is light as a feather. Really not a bad thing to say about it. You'd be hardpressed to do better for $150 (as of 1/21) and free shipping with Prime.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I have a Rival crockpot that I think it may be on it's way to crockpot heaven. I've had it for 10 or so years, so I can't complain.

rrr_img_10153.jpg

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
The one Eloora suggested is amazing. I've had Cuisinart for my crockpots for a few years and I love them. That size, the 6 quart, definitely sounds the best.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I received this one for xmas,Cuisinart MSC-600 3-In-1 Cook Central Multi-Cooker. It was an amazing upgrade from my 10 year old typical round, white porcelain type.

I've used it several times already, for everything from bone broth to Swedish meatballs to scratch made mac n cheese. Being able to brown meat and saute veggies right in the pot is a big plus. I haven't used the steamer rack yet but it will have its day. The crock cleans up super easy and is light as a feather. Really not a bad thing to say about it. You'd be hardpressed to do better for $150 (as of 1/21) and free shipping with Prime.
Sounds nice if you want it to be your only cooking utensil. You can get a good slow cooker for under $50 though if you don't need it to also be a hot plate.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I don't know much about crock-pots, but I will say make sure you get one where you can take the insert out for cleaning. My wife had an older one that was all one unit which made it difficult to clean. (As far as I know all modern crockpots have the removable insert these days... but just in case they don't, that is my advice.)

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the replies everyone - really appreciate the advice and recommendations! The GF seemed pretty excited about the 3-in-1 that Eloora suggested, so that looks like a winner. We had one that looked exactly like Celebrindal's (and its last meal was a batch of tasty pulled pork sandwiches as well).

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Just got this

rrr_img_10222.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach.../dp/B001AO2PXK

I made a beef roast in it tonight, did a pretty nice job, I like the built in probe it comes with and you can program it to kick into "warm" once your meat reaches it's desired temp so that's pretty nice, first one I've seen with the probe and it's pretty awesome.
I have this one. I haven't used it to its full potential, but it has not let me down yet.

quse

the pupe
The locking lid feature on a lot of new crockpots is beyond amazing. If you might ever want/need to take a crockpot meal to a party or dinner (or whatever) that locking lid is invaluable.

Chev_sl

shitlord
Along with crock pots which are slow cookers if you google convection ovens those are really good for cooking homemade french fries or chicken nuggets anything and its not that unhealthy.