tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
3.13 star(s) Rating: 3.13/5 8 Votes
Title: Dave Chappelle

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2017-03-21

Cast: Dave Chappelle

Overview: Comedy icon Dave Chappelle makes his triumphant return to the screen with a pair of blistering, fresh stand-up specials.

tyen

<Banned>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 128381[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Dave Chappelle[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-03-21[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Comedy icon Dave Chappelle makes his triumphant return to the screen with a pair of blistering, fresh stand-up specials.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Same as the old stuff, 90% of it works and is his usual caliber while 10% kinda misses. Both sets are different and I think there's a third one on the way later. Stronger then Norton's special and way stronger then Burr's recent.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think it's on par with his other specials, and still boundry pushing but even moreso today than it was in the early 2000s with the current state of how people overreact to the smallest of things.

I personally enjoyed his second special more but they were both equally as fucking amazing.

tyen

<Banned>
I liked the LA special better than the Austin one.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I only watched the L.A. one so far. At first I was really distracted by his body language, he looked so uncomfortable to me, also constantly acting like hes smoking a cig.

But after I got past that, this was very funny and a bit worse than his old stuff. There are some moments when it drags on and feels more like a tedtalk, but only briefly. I love that he still does random/oddball stuff like the gay superhero.

Bonus points for making college age safespacers extremely upset with the rape and trans jokes.

Dave Chappelle you have my full support. lets chop our dicks off and trick dudes into fucking us.

Last edited:

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
The Austin one feels less polished. It was actually filmed in 2015, before the "episode 1" special in LA (2016)

The LA one is classic...loved just about every minuted of it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I saw him live last month on his tour and figured this would just be a rehash of that set. I was happy to see both shows were completely different material I hadn't seen yet. Really enjoyed both.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The LA show is much better than the Austin show. It seemed like the Austin one he was still shaking out the kinks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I saw him live last month on his tour and figured this would just be a rehash of that set. I was happy to see both shows were completely different material I hadn't seen yet. Really enjoyed both.

Just keep rubbin' it in, Soy

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
His rape jokes are 10/10 in the LA show

I caught a few uncomfortable smiles from the ladies while their dates laughed their asses off

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
other than he firmly believes the bullshit narrative about cops murdering black people and they have it so bad lol, the sets were pretty good. In fact he does a good job of explaining in the austin show that this is a new phenomenon coming back.

Then by the LA set it's "oh this shit always been this way blacks totally deserve to be atop the progressive stack"

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
other than he firmly believes the bullshit narrative about cops murdering black people and they have it so bad lol, the sets were pretty good. In fact he does a good job of explaining in the austin show that this is a new phenomenon coming back.

Then by the LA set it's "oh this shit always been this way blacks totally deserve to be atop the progressive stack"

His rape and tranny jokes evens it out.

spronk

FPS noob

Yeah I didn't get that vibe from his bits, I assume this is the kind of thing you are talking about below. I've only watched the first special so far but I really enjoyed it, any Chappelle fan should watch it ASAP. It streams on 4k on netflix too which is awesome. Totally unnecessary but just another 4k content stream to justify your 4k TV.

I mean your typical comic will just make the generic "women suffer this way, and men suffer this way... yadda yadda" but fucking love Dave for digging that needle in hard. "you were in on the heist, you just don't like your cut" #rekt

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah thats an example of it. He keeps going back to that well over and over again throughout the entire set, it's easily 1/3 if not half his material, so no idea how you "aren't noticing it". Not as bad in the Austin set, maybe dwelt on it only 5 minutes total.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database