Death Note (2017)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Death Note (2017)

Genre: Horror, Thriller

Director: Adam Wingard

Cast: Nat Wolff, Keith Stanfield, Margaret Qualley, Shea Whigham, Paul Nakauchi, Jason Liles, Willem Dafoe, Michael Shamus Wiles, Artin John, David S. Jung, Tony Ali, Christopher Britton, Masi Oka, Matthew Kevin Anderson, Barbara Beall, Lia Lam, Christian Sloan, Jessica McLeod, Cole Vigue, Olena Medwid, Paul McGillion, Eileen Pedde, Fraser Corbett, Natalie Moon, Ash Lee, Albert Nicholas, Al Miro, Arlina Rodríguez, Chris Webb, Michelle Kim, Colin Corrigan, Sarah Ziolkowski, Jack Ettlinger, Michelle Choi-Lee, Scott Seol, Beau Han Bridge, Jesse Irving, Anousha Alamian, Jesse Stretch, Artur Stofel, Shayan Moallef, DaeYoung Danny Kim, Anup Sehdev, Juanpaolo Mercado, Kyle Donaldson, Addison Gosselin

Release: 2017-07-07

Plot: A bright student named Light stumbles across a mystical notebook that has the power to kill any person whose name he writes in it. He decides to launch a secret crusade to rid the streets of criminals. Soon, the student-turned-vigilante finds himself pursued by a famous detective known only by the alias L.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The sheer amount of butthurt and tears from the collective weeaboo manchildren about this will make it worth watching and praising just out of pure spite.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
William Dafoe is perfect for this but he is only doing the voice of Ryuk correct ?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The sheer amount of butthurt and tears from the collective weeaboo manchildren about this will make it worth watching and praising just out of pure spite.
Is this an anime originally?

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is this an anime originally?

Yeah, it's one that's alright but is put on a pedestal as some grand form of story telling by weebs when in reality it relies on making the main antagonist the avatar of pure plot armor. I don't think I've ever read or seen a story use the trope of "You see I knew that you know that I know that you knew that I know etc etc etc" more than this.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
William Dafoe is perfect for this but he is only doing the voice of Ryuk correct ?

Probably, and I knew that's who he was going to be playing as soon as I saw him on the casting list lol.

Edit: I liked the first half of the anime but it got pretty stupid towards the end, like really disappointing. Seemed like they ran out of actual good ideas/writing and just mashed an ending together.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The anime is really great until a specific major point. After that, it's downhill.

Last edited:

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't seen the anime really but maybe turning into a movie(s?) will help if that's the case, cutting shit out of things that go on too long is always nice.

Based on the trailer it kills by Final Destination-ing people or something? And it just literally fell out of the sky? That all seems cheesier than the rest of the trailer :p

Homsar

This property is in the same group that loved Donnie darko. The story sucked but concept was great

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The rules of it are huge, mostly just to cover plot loop holes.

Rules of the Death Note

These are the main ones for direct killing.
  1. The human whose name is written in this note shall die.
  2. This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
  3. If the cause of death is written within the next 40 seconds of writing the person's name, it will happen.
  4. If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.
  5. After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I only realized now L is black ahahah
Probably Light is gay and Misa is a SJW transgender.
Oh and Ryuk likes gluten free apples

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Isnt L the only person that could be white? He is supposed to be pale if I remember right? I never was into the series and just saw it from friends.

If thats the case the shit almost seems like a joke from someone

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Last Airbender bad or just normal bad?

it is 2 and a half goku's bad
v1.aDsxMjk5NDtqOzE3NDE1OzEyMDA7NjQ2OzcwMA

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database