spronk

FPS noob
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Debris

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2021-03-01

Creator: J.H. Wyman

Cast: Jonathan Tucker, Riann Steele, Norbert Leo Butz, Scroobius Pip

Overview: Two federal agents from two different continents, and two different mindsets, must work together to investigate when wreckage from a destroyed alien spacecraft has mysterious effects on humankind.

spronk

FPS noob
Anyone watch this? New show from the creator of Fringe

trailer

synopsis
When mysterious wreckage starts falling from the sky, a secretive international agency is tasked with figuring out what it is, where it came from, and most importantly… what it can do. British agent Finola Jones and American agent Bryan Beneventi are partners who have very different styles – she's warm, intuitive and detail-oriented, and he's charming, confident and guarded. But they have no choice but to trust each other as they track down the debris scattered across the Western Hemisphere. Each fragment has unpredictable, powerful and sometimes dangerous effects on the everyday people who find it. Every discovery is also a race against time, because shadowy outside forces seek these objects for nefarious purposes.

I loved Fringe, even with its flaws, so that has me interested but huge turn off that its on network TV. I generally don't watch any network TV show anymore, the chance of getting cancelled in season 1 is extremely high, the show is usually padded so a lot of crap in season 1, and just too much other shit to watch right now.

So far 2 episodes have been released, and I haven't seen anyone talk about it anywhere so thats probably a bad sign. No clue who the cast is either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Know nothing about the show, only that my dad texts me one night saying he saw a trailer for some new sci-fi show about shit falling out of the sky and then weird things happen, but he missed the title of it. I scoured the internet trying to find any hint of a new sci-fi show for 2021, new lineups for the usual channels, etc. and I couldn't find a fucking thing about it. Thought that was kind of strange.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Trailer struck me as X-Files meets warehouse 13. Haven’t watched it yet

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Watched the first one as I am a big fan of the dude from Kingdom and a few other things. He has a sort of Crispin Glover-if-he-was-an-MMA-fighter' vibe. Unfortunately the first episode was a bit of a let down in terms of it trying to build some intra-team tension between the Americans and the Brits while also failing to do much world building.

I'll give it a few more episodes but I have my doubts.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Trailer struck me as X-Files meets warehouse 13. Haven’t watched it yet
Honestly I am sort of liking it. I like that the main stuff is not just some unexplained stuff it is literally debris from an alien ship and they know that to start with. Overall it seems a pretty legit spy vs spy as various govt are trying to get as much of it as they can.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Meh, this has a bunch of potential, and I want to like it.. but just cant keep interested. discount tessa tompson is bland, and main guy is not much better. Emotional stuff has been awful.

spronk

FPS noob

show cancelled.

i just started watching last night, season 1 finale aired a few days ago. Its ok, the world building and basic idea is really awesome - what if a massive spaceship broke apart in our solar system and pieces rained down on Earth and did fucked up things - but the two main characters are bland as fuuuuuuck and the pacing of the show is too slow, it needs tension ratched up 10 times more. I've heard the last few episodes are fantastic so i'll stick with it.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Eh, this was ok. It bugged me that the solution to every interaction with alien technology was 'the feels'.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah they went in with a slow burn ala Fringe but its a different era now and you can't just piss away episodes on world building hoping that you are gonna get a season 2+. Shame as the finale brought John Noble into the show in what was clearly meant to be a continuing role.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database