Dexter: Resurrection

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Dexter: Resurrection

Cast: Michael C. Hall

Overview: Sequel series to "Dexter: New Blood" following Dexter Morgan in the present day

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Looks like Summer 2025 and will be after the events of Dexter: New Blood

I love Dexter, and while Dexter: New Blood had it's moments, I was a bit disappointed. I am really curious as to how they bring him back because his death scene was quite convincing.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
Lol. This is why Ossoi needs to start threads.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
While New Blood had some high points-- I'm all set with The Message version of Dexter and being preached to and sacrificing a good plot just to make a point.

If Michael C. Hall had absolutely no say in the creative process, maybe I'd get on board.

But that's not going to happen, based on the amount of control he already exerted on New Blood.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
All the cool characters of this show are either dead or the actors are too old to play them 18 years later. Also let's face it. John Lithgow's season broke this show irreparably. It should have been the series end. After they killed Julie Benz off, I lost interest in it completely. I never even tuned in for the final season.

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
more spin offs of a series that nobody wanted, I mean this is all just a paycheck for Michael C Hall probably the only paychecks he's getting besides residuals but fuck man. They literally killed him in the last one how the fuck are they going to have him come back. The prequel series with new actors I guess makes sense, I mean nobody fucking asked for it but showtime is desperate to remain relevant I suppose, and I guess voice over work doesn't pay as well as live action so he fought for another spin off where he comes back from the dead? jesus fuck this is dumb.

You know what fuck it I can't even blame him. Look at all the garbage coming out of Disney/Star Wars, look at the rings of power or wheel of time. The Acolyte, House of the Dragon, even the Boys. It's all fucking dogshit. Even shit revivals with aging actors or spin offs of shows from the golden age of Television that's only 20% as good as the original (like Dexter or Spartacus or whatever other new shit that's coming out) is likely to be as good or better than the shit that's currently on TV.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean this is all just a paycheck for Michael C Hall

Maybe it is now, sure. But he has a multi-year history of saying no to Showtime. Over the years he was resistant to doing anything with the Dexter Morgan character.

That is before Clyde Phillips carefully "approached him with an idea he might like" aka The Message.

Rabbit_Games

Blackwing Lair Raider
In all honesty, I don't know shit about him outside of Dexter. Literally nothing. I've never seen him outside the show talking about anything, let alone his politics. His metric doesn't even measure on any of my feeds. New Blood was interesting because of, and ONLY because of, Clancy Brown. It didn't feel like a "Dexter" story at all. If they try to revive the franchise, I'll be VERY surprised if it even pulls in Ring of Power numbers.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database