Dishonored 2

Noahx

N00b
Didn't see a thread - could be blind due to various reasons...

Anyone give it a shot? I didn't play the first one so might give that a go then ride the hype train into 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've got it from GameFly, but I'm in the same boat. Tried to finish the first one on both PC and PS3 and never made it all the way through. So I ended up buying the Definitive edition for PS4 and I'm trying to get through it as fast as possible to move on to the sequel. I have a really hard time playing a "stealth" game in which the main character is so ungodly overpowered that there's no logical reason why such a person would ever try to be sneaky at all. This time I just said fuck it and I'm killing everything (except for the non-lethal ways of dealing with the bosses which are usually fates worse than death).

Avoid the PC version like the plague for now according to what everyone on Steam is saying. It's a horribly unoptimized port in dire need of a patch. Plus Bethesda has hopped on the Denuvo train.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really enjoyed the first one.
I will get this at some point,but, no preorders, etc. I'm waiting for sale.

Hearing bad things about PC port/optimization sadly.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Gameflyed it over the long weekend and finished up a no kill no detection play through on normal with Emily in about ~12 hours. Did a murder run through not caring who saw me after and it took like an hour or so since I knew all the routes at that point and exploited the hell out of the domino and ash powers. The non lethal take downs on a couple of the named targets seemed crueler then killing them which was unexpected. Probably sometime after the holidays will give a no powers no kill run a try with Corvo as the replayability and speed running categories seems high with so many different ways to approach things and lots of odd little interactions between NPCs depending on what you have done in previous levels. If they iron out the PC version I'd pick it up in an instant, it really feels like what that Thief reboot should of been and makes me wonder how I missed out on the first one.

edit: The one thing I really wish this game had was a new game plus as I don't think it is possible to unlock everything in one play through and it is always fun running through these type of games like a God after the first clear.

Goonsquad Officer
I've been playing it.

My computer has been running on 2 SLI bridged nvdia 470's. they limped through doom. glitched through Deus Ex mankind divided randomly crashing but playable.

Dishonored 2 ran laggy enough that it was hard to be stealthy. My wife really wanted to play (watch) it. So I bought an nvdia GTX 1080 and the same old i7 processor/motherboard/ram and am now running max graphics with no lagging whatsover, no tearing. no issues.

It's really good for a stealth game. I played it on the highest dificulty i could to start with (despite being meh at FPSes) so that getting caught sneakins was worse. decided to play as girly and trying to keep my chaos low. so that's making it pretty interesting. the levels are pretty detailed so far and most of the rooms you go in breaking into houses and such are interesting. I don't know how long it'll take being careful sneaker but i dig it so far.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Usually never find myself having any issue spending the cash to pick up a game, and generally prefer it on PC... But holy fuck, I am having a surprisingly hard time pulling the trigger on this. I loved the first one, I think it's one of the more enjoyable games I have maybe ever played. I don't know if it's my terrible experience with the BF1 port on PC, but I am really thinking about picking this up on PS4 instead. I have $50 Steam credit just sitting there as well. Really bad taste recently with shitty ports I guess. I don't know...

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Terrible port. I can't remember the last game I had issues on. Can't play on 1440p widescreen without hitching or severe frame rate drops. Decided to experiment and plugged my comp up to the 4k tv.........no issue. 60fps smooth. How does that work? Anyways, just waiting til they patch the graphical bugs. By that time DLC will prolly be out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gameflyed it over the long weekend and finished up a no kill no detection play through on normal with Emily in about ~12 hours. Did a murder run through not caring who saw me after and it took like an hour or so since I knew all the routes at that point and exploited the hell out of the domino and ash powers. The non lethal take downs on a couple of the named targets seemed crueler then killing them which was unexpected. Probably sometime after the holidays will give a no powers no kill run a try with Corvo as the replayability and speed running categories seems high with so many different ways to approach things and lots of odd little interactions between NPCs depending on what you have done in previous levels. If they iron out the PC version I'd pick it up in an instant, it really feels like what that Thief reboot should of been and makes me wonder how I missed out on the first one.

edit: The one thing I really wish this game had was a new game plus as I don't think it is possible to unlock everything in one play through and it is always fun running through these type of games like a God after the first clear.
Dishonoured 1 had a few like that.

The party mission especially I found creepy, and a bit lulz. I am very VERY surprised the SJW spazes never picked up on it.
Hiram Burrows has the empress assassinated. His mistress is Lady Boyle. She is has mistress, lover, and financer. He sends her a love note, which you can read to ID her at the party, when you are tasked with taking her out.
The non-lethal means to take her out, is to render her unconscious, then deliver her to a stalker, that kidnaps her, and takes her back to his estate never to be seen again...
so yeah, you give her over to a stalker/rapist.

Double checking the wiki, the novelization that acts as a sequal to 1 and prequel to 2, does follow up on her fate.
Dishonored: The Corroded Man
"Waverly Boyle is revealed to be the canonical subject of Brisby's obsession. It is made public that it was him who kidnapped her in 1837 and took her to his old family estate on an island somewhere. A few years later, on a journey to Gristol, he disappeared, never getting off of the boat he got on. Waverly then took charge of his estate, and his fortune."

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's a patch coming next month that will add in New Game+ and custom difficulty settings. Maybe individual mission selection as well.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I don't suppose the magic PC patch has rolled out yet? I really enjoyed Dishonored 1, but I haven't picked this up yet with everyone bitching about how terrible the PC port is.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The non-lethal means to take her out, is to render her unconscious, then deliver her to a stalker, that kidnaps her, and takes her back to his estate never to be seen again...
so yeah, you give her over to a stalker/rapist.

Ha, I forgot about that. That's the route I went for and the results were not expected.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Went ahead and caved and bought the game a few weeks ago, and last night was the first time I decided to boot it up.

Right of the bat, game would freeze at loading screen in windowed mode. I don't know what changed but eventually I went and noticed it was still minimized and was able to get into the game. Played exactly 63 minutes and returned the game... Game seemed solid but it ran kinda shaky and I was less than thrilled (GTX 970 & i7).

Tired of these PC ports being fucking pure shit. Oh well, guess the PS4 will get some play. I'll pick up the game in a few weeks and burn through it.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Got it on PS4 and been slowly progressing through it because the wife wants to watch me play for the story. Anyway, I'm really impressed by the gameplay, you can solve problems in multiple ways and it's a lot of fun to find all the ways to sneak around and go through missions, and to kick ass when you've been spotted (then reload because fuck being spotted). I'm about 4 missions in and for now the game has been beautiful on PS4, loading times are fine with me.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
PC Gamer named Dishonored 2 their 2016 GotY so I guess I'll be checking it out this weekend.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
PC Gamer are a huge bunch of shills. Let me pull out my Hellgate London CE where that mag gave it like a 9/10 and even had a in game pet thing, yes the salt is real.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
By all accounts the game seems pretty awesome outside of PC bugs. Sounds like a sure buy on consoles. Also just read that it got updated with a NG+ mode where you can combine both character's abilities.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user