Drawing tablet recommendation for kids

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm looking to get a drawing tablet for my 4 year old son. I want something that links to the PC. A wacom tablet might be fine, but probably too expensive for a 4 year old. We don't want to get him a iPad or anything either right now. Something ~200 or less would be preferable.

But, we're also not looking for something super basic for kids. He's actually a pretty good drawer for 4 and we want to see where he goes with drawing linked to the computer directly.

Any recommendations out there?

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Just get him an kindle fire for kids only 100bucks and free no questions replacement for 2 years. My friend already had his kids fire replaced twice.

Once cuz the kid was being a kid and threw it, then he learned.

2nd time was applejuice spillage.

Alot of kids are using tablets now, this kid is not even 3 yet, he just watches kid youtube (the kid friend youtube app). Just get him a drawing app, and he'll be going crazy w/ it.

Hell, just 2 weeks ago, a 4year girl was showing me her castle she built in minecraft, then she proceeded to build me a fucking boat, kids can have crazy imaginations now w/ tech.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Actually I like the kindle fire idea. I didn't realize they had a kids only version. Thanks for link.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

Izo

Tranny Chaser
yea but, that's just a FireHD you can buy, the kids version has the unlimited no questions asked replacement
Yep.jpg

• Make up to 3 claims during the term of your warranty
Yeah, not quite the same, but fair :)
https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Fire-Tablet-Display-Wi-Fi/dp/B018SZT3BK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475764937

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
It's not comparable, the Kindle Kids is basically a Kindle 7 w/ a big gel bumper, and the kids centric programs and shit, and a two year unlimited "no questions asked" warranty for $50extra, basically. The log in is also kid centric, if you dl apps or let them dl apps its all kid appropriate b/c Amazon checks out all the apps first (you don't have to pre screen shit, just trust Amazon), and the profile is highly customizable (can't turn on past 10pm, only 3 hours of youtube a day, unlimited read, etc)

Dude it's just different, it's like a modern day LeapFrog, w/o having to buy that gay ass leapfrog shit.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
It's not comparable, the Kindle Kids is basically a Kindle 7 w/ a big gel bumper, and the kids centric programs and shit, and a two year unlimited "no questions asked" warranty for $50extra, basically. The log in is also kid centric, if you dl apps or let them dl apps its all kid appropriate b/c Amazon checks out all the apps first (you don't have to pre screen shit, just trust Amazon), and the profile is highly customizable (can't turn on past 10pm, only 3 hours of youtube a day, unlimited read, etc)

Dude it's just different, it's like a modern day LeapFrog, w/o having to buy that gay ass leapfrog shit.
My friend bought a Kids edition. It's good for the durability part. As a tablet, not so much. I guess it depends on the age of the kid and how tech savvy the parent? I'm going with the HD 8 for my kid, when I find a Magenta on ebay to get around Amazon shipping restrictions. The warranty is of no use to me here. Have a great weekend :)

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
My friend bought a Kids edition. It's good for the durability part. As a tablet, not so much. I guess it depends on the age of the kid and how tech savvy the parent? I'm going with the HD 8 for my kid, when I find a Magenta on ebay to get around Amazon shipping restrictions. The warranty is of no use to me here. Have a great weekend :)
You or the kid has the Magenta requirement?:rolleyes:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Haha, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a little from column a and column b :D It's her favorite color though.
Damn kids are so advanced these days, i didn't know WTF, Magenta was until I was 16, pretty sure it was about paper print CMYK.