Dredd 2 (2024 Confirmed!)

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
A Dredd series would be fucking amazing, but a limited series that doesn't drag it out for 5 seasons. Although I could look at that scowl for 5 seasons.

They have enough doable materials for 10+ seasons in the regular comics. While that would be cool (and I think this movie did an extremely good job at showing "A day in the life of Dredd") I would like to see them use Cursed Earth or Judge Caligula as a template for a movie. Stay with the concept of down, dirty and gritty, but place it in a larger context.

Oh well, a man can dream.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hmm I dont want animated
Dredd Producer Drops Major Sequel Update
"If anyone is still wondering, there’s no update on a Dredd sequel, but I’m gonna make it happen at some point. It may not be live-action, but it’s going to happen at some point. There will be more Judge Dredd at some point."

You heard that right, the Dredd sequel could totally be animated. While you may be inclined to let that news get you down, there's no reason for disappointment.

First of all, the movie is still happening, and Shankar basically guaranteed that. Second, animated films can have just as much grit and hard action as live films. Think about the dark style and tone of many anime shows, and how they could transfer into a world like Dredd. There's also been a ton of great animated comic adaptations from the DC Universe.

An animated movie can still kick-ass, and that's what the goal will be with the Dredd seque

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Animated...
source.gif

tumblr_mk32maIhdX1qaqy1io10_500.gif

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Damn, I'm not saying Deadpool wasn't awesome but if Dredd had an ounce of that amazing advertising...it may have already released a couple sequels.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I want live action. That being said if its good I don't care about animated.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who said Karl Urban couldn't voice an animated Dredd? An animated Dredd mini-series would be pretty dope.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Eh, depends on the animation quality. Really high quality would be ok, but if they go the route of those animated Hellboy movies, then meh.

• 2Like

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dredd just never got a push.

Look how well JW2 is doing. If Karl Urban's Dredd was released today, it would have been a hit.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dredd just never got a push.

Look how well JW2 is doing. If Karl Urban's Dredd was released today, it would have been a hit.

Sin City 2 suffered similar timing issues. It came out at a horrible time (whole pieces have been written describing the very good reasons the timing was absolutely atrocious, and they are undeniably accurate).

The movie not being that so-called "great" of a sequel was secondary to the timing issue. If Sin City 2 had dropped at the right time, we'd be getting a Sin City 3 pronto.

I don't know too much about the time when Dredd came out, but this sounds very similar to Sin City 2, albeit with its own particular set of timing challenges. I do distinctly remember seeing the trailer for Dredd and feeling kind of weirded out emotionally about the timing of it, as if the market hadn't yet been created/opened. It was like "what? dredd remake??? Karl Urban, ok cool...." with an uncanny feeling. Poor marketing.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I do distinctly remember seeing the trailer for Dredd and feeling kind of weirded out emotionally about the timing of it, as if the market hadn't yet been created/opened. It was like "what? dredd remake??? Karl Urban, ok cool...." with an uncanny feeling.

source.gif

Seems like an appropriate reaction to that statement.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I never saw a trailer and that was maybe the biggest problem. Almost no advertising and a lot of the effort was focused in the UK (released two weeks earlier there). Hell, they advertised it as Dredd 3D in what places they actually advertised it.

• 2Like