Emerald City

spronk

FPS noob
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
idDOFQEKjhfFFH5835l0FhHXo2V.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Emerald City[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE][/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-01-06[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]In the blink of a tornado’s eye, 20-year-old Dorothy Gale and her K9 police dog are transported to another world, one far removed from our own — a mystical land of competing kingdoms, lethal warriors, dark magic and a bloody battle for supremacy. This is the fabled Land of Oz in a way you’ve never seen before, where wicked witches don’t stay dead for long and a young girl becomes a headstrong warrior who holds the fate of kingdoms in her hands.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Emerald City

NBC’s upcoming Tarsem Singh-directed drama Emerald City is gunning for the label. A dark new take on the Land of Oz fantasy setting created by L. Frank Baum that began with his The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz, the show stars Vincent D’Onofrio as the Wizard and Adria Arjona as an older version of Dorothy Gale. Emerald City sees Dorothy transported by tornado along with a K9 police dog into a mystical land of competing realms, lethal warriors, dark magic and a bloody battle for supremacy.

While I never really loved any of Tarsem Singh's movies he certainly makes insanely visually stunning movies, it should be interesting in TV format. This looks like Game of Thrones crossed with Once Upon a Time. The PG rating will hurt and I'm not really sure how many seasons you can really drag this out but should be interesting first season.

Tarsem Singh made movies like Immortals, The Fall and The Cell

btw maybe i'm a dumbass but I just can't figure out how to embed the TMDB stuff, if I put it in the title it just makes it the URL

Last edited by a moderator:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems like an odd choice for a series, but like you said, Once Upon a Time is popular.

ABC (Disney) should do a Wonderland/Alice IP series. That'd have a lot more to draw from I think.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tarsem Signh's involvement is enough to pique my curiosity enough to give it a try, and the trailer certainly makes it apparent it's his show. The fact that it's getting stuck on Friday makes me hopeful it'll get some leniency in how dark it can be since that's when Hannibal was on.

ABC (Disney) should do a Wonderland/Alice IP series. That'd have a lot more to draw from I think.

They did. Granted it was a spin-off of Once Upon a Time, but it really showcased how limited they'd be with special effects. CGI on that show was some of the worst I've seen on television.

Cybsled

It reminds me of that OZ Mini-series they had on Syfy a number of years back. Rather than have a literal scarecrow, tinman, etc they went more with metaphors and they tried to add heavier sci-fi elements to it.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Like all of Tarsem Signh's stuff I've seen, it looks pretty, probably be somewhat entertaining...but mostly just bad.

spronk

FPS noob
look if a goofy ass $20 lion mask with a rubber sword isn't enough to convince you how amazing this show is gonna be, then you have no soul

6dNa8eu.gif

6dNa8eu.gif

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Based on episode 1: World building is interesting enough but acting is so bad.
I hate how Dorothy so easily go along with things doesn't flinch at all to death and is so readily head over heels for hottie

Show confirms my statements on Daredevil's Kingpin being garbage.

Cybsled

I've been watching it. The world building is enough to keep me interested for now. The Anna nun actress is pretty hot outside her costume.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not the best thing on television by any stretch, but it's different enough that I'm enjoying it so far. I like that they're not just being lazy and relying heavily on all the characters from the 1939 movie and are instead borrowing from the later books. At the very least, the show is leagues better than anything Once Upon a Time has put out in years.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah just watched all 4 episodes over a few days and its fun to watch. The acting is horrific, the story is all over the place, but the location, world building, and cinematography are all absolutely top notch. Every scene just drips with Tarsem Singh's visual style of almost painted, colorful landscape scenes.

Oz must be a land of pedos or something though cuz every person pretty much gives off a pedobear vibe

ratings unfortunately are horrific, I just can't see this show lasting more than 1 season