Ender's Game

Brikker

Trump's Staff
0:28 looks exactly like the end fight scene set of that first shitty Planet of the Apes remake (not the most recent one). Also, I think the very end of the movie was in the end of the trailer...

Looks like a fun space sci-fi action/war movie though?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Zero G were actiony yes, I think they are taking fleet training and turning them into viewable action scenes too, which is cool. I'm glad they went that route personally.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
People who haven't read the books wont get the "This is no game" reference and thus not really an obvious spoiler for those people. They'll think it's just hype for the movie.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Imagin trying to make some of the later books into movies , i hope they pulled this off somehow but i dont see it having the same "feel" as the book at all

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've said it at least twice in this thread already, but people repeatedly complain about the ending being spoiled in the trailer. I'm not going to be specific, so as not to ruin it for people that haven't read it, but that's why I can do this out of spoilers in the first place. The only reason you think the ending is spoiled, is because you already know what the ending is. Someone with no knowledge has no clue and wouldn't be able to make that leap themselves. And we're all just guessing that it is a spoiler, it very well could be something completely different, or something misplaced on purpose in the trailer to heighten the tension of the trailer itself. We all know they fuck up continuity of scenes in trailers every day, so this might just be another example.

If you didn't read the book, you would have no complaints about spoilers in that trailer at all.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I addressed that in my spoiler as well.
smile.png

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Im going to go against the grain here. This looks fucking terrible.

Arakkis

N00b
I've said it at least twice in this thread already, but people repeatedly complain about the ending being spoiled in the trailer. I'm not going to be specific, so as not to ruin it for people that haven't read it, but that's why I can do this out of spoilers in the first place. The only reason you think the ending is spoiled, is because you already know what the ending is. Someone with no knowledge has no clue and wouldn't be able to make that leap themselves. And we're all just guessing that it is a spoiler, it very well could be something completely different, or something misplaced on purpose in the trailer to heighten the tension of the trailer itself. We all know they fuck up continuity of scenes in trailers every day, so this might just be another example.

If you didn't read the book, you would have no complaints about spoilers in that trailer at all.
I DID include spoilers in this one so don't click it if you don't want some of the ending ruined.

They didn't explain the whole thing but they showed THE FINAL BATTLE dummy. Now when the crescendo of the giant battle at the bugger homeworld happens and he blows up the planet a lot of people will recognize it from the trailer, and it won't have the same impact. That and people really paying attention will notice that the main battleship has fighters all around it protecting it from enemy fire, just like his tactic at Battle School. So no, the whole story isn't spoiled, but we've seen the climax of the movie, which is bullshit no matter if you have or have not read the book.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
The actor for the protagonist is exactly how I imagined him to be. Heh.
I think the movie looks good but wasn't Ender like 8 in the book? And this kid is like 16 or something, that has been the most jarring thing for me, seeing how old the cast is compared to the books. I understand why they did it tho, little kids are terrible actors.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
He was 6 in the book.

Two things on that... You're not going to be able to get someone that young to properly play Ender, it just isn't possible.

Also there is a lot of genetic breeding going for generations at this point. I'm not sure what we as a race would look like at different stages in our life but I'm sure a 6 year old would look bigger than they do presently.

HP Lovecraft was a huge racist
NASA was founded by a bunch of 'ex' Nazis.
Lewis Carroll was a pedophile.
Roman Polanski plead guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor before fleeing the country
- Founding fathers of US owned slaves and didn't let women vote
- On Winston Churchill's watch homosexual males were forcibly chemically sterilized

Just because some people have a few bad ideas, doesn't mean they can't also do something good.
biggrin.png