EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Sythrak

Vyemm Raider
He's joking lol, this is the real war music:

Iirc the war is broke 90% of the time and only works again after a server reset.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Is azia the best mount buff, or the first? And does it affect speed?

Can't believe I don't remember this stuff, but it has been several years. Could swear Dena etc were above Azia for mount buffs and I don't think it affected speed.

I could see this being the case. Maybe not new tech, but ideas for game mechanics certainly. Especially if that "EQ3" development rumor turns out to be real.
Azia is the very first one. 250 hp/mana and some ac

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lmao holy shit that's like lawsuit tier.

Edit: I wonder if this was allowed because SoE owned Star Wars Galaxies at the time?

It's so random too. Did Grimling Forest have some kind of connection to Star Wars? Like an Ewok Village or something that I missed? I don't remember anything that looked at all like Vader outside of the gaoler mobs in PoP.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's so random too. Did Grimling Forest have some kind of connection to Star Wars? Like an Ewok Village or something that I missed? I don't remember anything that looked at all like Vader outside of the gaoler mobs in PoP.
It's a troll video. Secrets got us good.

• 2Worf
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm sure a lot of the perennial guilds will be around like Rapiers, some RI variant, Faceless variant, some Cohh guild, etc..

A lot of the more niche (?) guilds are awaiting the rulesets. I believe my former guild is planning on forming, but a lot of our officer core needs a pretty spicy fucking ruleset to come back.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
People will show up for launch because launches are a unique animal but the last couple of years fucked enough things up that a lot of people have a bad taste in their mouth. Vaniki was kind of a mess but not a ton of people played there. Oakwynd had solid numbers but it also had a burnout mechanism sold as a feature (legacy exp) along with an economy warped by botters before flying completely off the rails from dupes. The exp bonuses didn't work right with AA. To make matters worse the mask fell off completely in regards to cheating. Flagrant warps, far taunts, infinite range corpse drags and the like. If you got to experience open world Vex Thal being one pack of warpers contesting another pack of warpers each trying to either far taunt Aten out of her room or back in her room on the backs of bot armies it's going to be hard to get you to come back for more. Unless that's your jam. There's also WoW Season of Discovery running parallel with two more content unlocks down the pipe. People are going to dip in and out making the day to day logisitics for raiding guilds even more of a pain.

I expect the 25th will be a technical success because it's the 25th. It will have some effort put in to it. Next year is going to be the disaster. Everyone's going to see just how far the game has fallen eroding the last bits of good will and nostalgia that EQ has left. Anyone that really likes what the game was can go hang out with Secrets and have a much better time instead of trying to navigate the current year TLP experience.

• 2Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
People will show up for launch because launches are a unique animal but the last couple of years fucked enough things up that a lot of people have a bad taste in their mouth. Vaniki was kind of a mess but not a ton of people played there. Oakwynd had solid numbers but it also had a burnout mechanism sold as a feature (legacy exp) along with an economy warped by botters before flying completely off the rails from dupes. The exp bonuses didn't work right with AA. To make matters worse the mask fell off completely in regards to cheating. Flagrant warps, far taunts, infinite range corpse drags and the like. If you got to experience open world Vex Thal being one pack of warpers contesting another pack of warpers each trying to either far taunt Aten out of her room or back in her room on the backs of bot armies it's going to be hard to get you to come back for more. Unless that's your jam. There's also WoW Season of Discovery running parallel with two more content unlocks down the pipe. People are going to dip in and out making the day to day logisitics for raiding guilds even more of a pain.

I expect the 25th will be a technical success because it's the 25th. It will have some effort put in to it. Next year is going to be the disaster. Everyone's going to see just how far the game has fallen eroding the last bits of good will and nostalgia that EQ has left. Anyone that really likes what the game was can go hang out with Secrets and have a much better time instead of trying to navigate the current year TLP experience.
They need to totally change how they approach cheating for it to be worth playing on a fresh tlp.

• 4Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They need to totally change how they approach cheating for it to be worth playing on a fresh tlp.

Your options on an EQ TLP are to play with cheaters or play against cheaters. I've done both and I'm no longer willing to do either.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I've said before and I'll say it again... a "successful" future for EverQuest is via private servers, and I am not talking about emulated servers. I'm talking about actual licensed private servers that use DBG's login servers. Let the players pay a hefty fee to run their own licensed servers where they ARE the GMs, they choose the rulesets, they choose the experience modifiers, they choose which expansions are open at any given time, etc.

Will there be toxic private servers? Of course there will be. Don't play on them unless that's what you enjoy. Eventually you will find a server that is ran by a group of people that you click with, and that will be golden right there.

Let the server owner(s) handle customer support because they ultimately ARE customer support. They know who is cheating and they know who they permit to cheat and how they do it. If they want to run a server that allows botting, so be it. It's their server. They paid the yearly server license fee, let them run it the way they want to run it. If they are a duchebag, over time they wont have enough people playing on their server to warrant them spending the money to continue running it. It solves itself.

And, as for farmers.... if the server owner doesn't want them, it isn't that damn hard for them to pop in to Sirens Grotto and say "bye bye mr fucktard". Kick em from the server, delete all their stuff, problem solved. They come back, do it again. They come back, do it again. Eventually they will stop because it's not worth their time. The point is, an individual managing their own server can do 100% better than a paid customer support representative. They ultimately know 90+% of the people that play on their server. They pretty damn well know who is a real person and who is a bot there to make money off their server.

Will it happen? Fuck no. They are entirely too stupid at DBG to do something logical like this that would make them a shit ton of money.

*edit*

Just wanted to add to this that I would totally play on a season competition server ran by someone like Zaide that would not allow the fuckery that people do today on the TLP servers. that's the kind of private server that would be fucking fun as hell.

• 2Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Maybe but how much are they gonna make off that? Right now they make shit off TLP subs. 15 bucks a month times, what, 2000 launch day users on a TLP? thats like 2 staff salaries over a year. The money is in Krono where the yare probably making millions a month. How many private servers would they have to sell at 6 figure a year costs to make that up, and who the hell would ever pay it.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Maybe but how much are they gonna make off that? Right now they make shit off TLP subs. 15 bucks a month times, what, 2000 launch day users on a TLP? thats like 2 staff salaries over a year. The money is in Krono where the yare probably making millions a month. How many private servers would they have to sell at 6 figure a year costs to make that up, and who the hell would ever pay it.
Fresh TLPs see like 17,000+ accounts log in (non concurrent) across the first month. I know that’s a wild number but yeah.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Fresh TLPs see like 17,000+ accounts log in (non concurrent) across the first month. I know that’s a wild number but yeah.
I wonder what that number of Krono activations looks like, though. Probably still outpaced by normies buying krono from DB for their yaks and FBSS's though.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I wonder what that number of Krono activations looks like, though. Probably still outpaced by normies buying krono from DB for their yaks and FBSS's though.
Yeah I was just thinking, it’s super hard to see how many people came back for a tlp vs how many already subbed players are checking it out or how many people with dormant accounts just activate a krono that has long since been paid for.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

holy shit - that makes me feel a lot better about myself and my inability to stop subbing to classic, tapping out at 43 in Guk, coming back in Kunark, tapping out at 55 again in Chardok, coming back and trying to rush 60 before luclin launching, geting 40 aa and quitting again, then showing up in Pop for a week and hating it then doing the same shit every May for 5 years

• 2Solidarity

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
holy shit - that makes me feel a lot better about myself and my inability to stop subbing to classic, tapping out at 43 in Guk, coming back in Kunark, tapping out at 55 again in Chardok, coming back and trying to rush 60 before luclin launching, geting 40 aa and quitting again, then showing up in Pop for a week and hating it then doing the same shit every May for 5 years

Reading this, I can't help but feel like I forgot to log out of my alt Breakdown account before posting here :p Like seriously, this is me, by about the 40th AA in the soulless zone Greg's End, I wonder WTF I am doing and drop it until the next time around.

In related news, does anyone else have a small group of friends who keep dragging them in to the next 'Big game/MMO/TLE Server' only to be the last one left after they all quit in a week? :p

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Reading this, I can't help but feel like I forgot to log out of my alt Breakdown account before posting here :p Like seriously, this is me, by about the 40th AA in the soulless zone Greg's End, I wonder WTF I am doing and drop it until the next time around.

In related news, does anyone else have a small group of friends who keep dragging them in to the next 'Big game/MMO/TLE Server' only to be the last one left after they all quit in a week? :p

I think thats the biggest issue with TLPs, they need to fuck with Zem to get us in new zones.

I cant imagine going Unrest to Guk to Karnors to Chardok to Velks to Griegs to Ssra again. At least Ssra is fun but you never XP there its all keying. These are also the most bland fucking zones. Every camp looks the same, they are all either monotone or blazing white, no color, same fucking mob models on every pull. Makes me wish for the days of jsut pulling wandering trash in DL and OT, cause at least it looked different. What I wouldnt give for a server where it was at all viable to spend the 10 levels at the Sarnak Fort in LOIO and Giants in FM. Maybe im too ROse colored glasses.

Game has so many zones but no point to use them. I think thats why im one of the 5 people who love LDON, at least its a shake up of the same 5 camps youve been playing for months.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
I've said it elsewhere, but my suspicions for a 25th anniversary TLP announcement by daybreak would be a classic start, slow expansion release schedule with quality of life features removed. Yes, I basically mean P99. I am not saying I want this ruleset, I am just saying DB is so out of touch they would think they could get a lot of P99/quarm players.

• 2Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I've said it elsewhere, but my suspicions for a 25th anniversary TLP announcement by daybreak would be a classic start, slow expansion release schedule with quality of life features removed. Yes, I basically mean P99. I am not saying I want this ruleset, I am just saying DB is so out of touch they would think they could get a lot of P99/quarm players.

I agree... it wouldn't be so bad but its obvious there is a place for it and there's hundreds of players that play P99/Quarm collectively each day. You add the popularity of Agnarr at its release, I think its crazy they haven't released true classic with some events. Honestly, if they would take a Season of Discovery approach and even make the server(or servers) free with some microtransactions, they would probably make a ton.

I don't know why they haven't remastered classic and slowly remastered their expansions up through PoP at minimum.

Ultimately, there are several ways to leverage the Everquest IP if their goal is to capitalize on the past. I've enjoyed their expansions but honestly I think they have been a waste of resources compared to what they could be doing at least in my opinion.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Your options on an EQ TLP are to play with cheaters or play against cheaters. I've done both and I'm no longer willing to do either.
There’s a third option and that’s be a cheater.. 🤷‍♂️