EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I thought LDoN would be really popular as leveling content on Vaniki because of the reasons above (endless stream of mobs you don't have to compete for) but as it turns out, the mobs in there have way more hp and people quickly figured out that it was better xp/hour to go back to camping Paludal Caverns and Unrest pick #122.

Players will go where the xp/hour is best so shaking up the ZEMs will absolutely work, they just need to make sure they bump up zones that can handle the number of players at modern power levels (i.e. instances or open world zones that don't have the requirements to spawn a new pick set too high)
FV loot rules. Change all REQ levels to REC levels. Cut the cycle in half. 6 weeks for level increase xpac. 3 for filler xpacs. Double xp across the board. Maybe double drops across the board too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrysB

Trakanon Raider
FV loot rules. Change all REQ levels to REC levels. Cut the cycle in half. 6 weeks for level increase xpac. 3 for filler xpacs. Double xp across the board. Maybe double drops across the board too.
This pretty much is my dream server. I would for sure play on any new free trade server. Everything else is a huge bonus, really like the, change all REQ to REC levels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m curious how many hours per day do you play if you want 3 weeks for an expansion

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Changing the ZEMs once a year with the launch of a new TLP is some of the easiest, lowest hanging fruit content and they don't do it.
Have rotating ZEMs. Rotate them every 24 hours or maybe 2 days. Rotate loot tables as well to randomize.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
I hope they have two TLP's this year. One should be Classic start ... and the other needs to be gimmicky enough to attract all the whiners, Discord/forum stalkers, and super toxic.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Fresh TLPs see like 17,000+ accounts log in (non concurrent) across the first month. I know that’s a wild number but yeah.

Only 17,000? That's kinda low. Total user account count of Quarm was about the same November 1st.

There are 24,132 accounts in there as of February. Out of those, I queried for those that have a character online in the last 30 days, getting our day30 retention rate. 8510 of those 24,132 have logged in in the last 30 days.

The concurrency of TLPs are in the multiple thousands. I don't think that's quite right.

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Only 17,000? That's kinda low. Total user account count of Quarm was about the same November 1st.

There are 24,132 accounts in there as of February. Out of those, I queried for those that have a character online in the last 30 days, getting our day30 retention rate. 8510 of those 24,132 have logged in in the last 30 days.

The concurrency of TLPs are in the multiple thousands. I don't think that's quite right.
One of these is free.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Have rotating ZEMs. Rotate them every 24 hours or maybe 2 days. Rotate loot tables as well to randomize.
Rotating ZEMs, Hotzones etc is something that would also address a huge issue in live EQ, which is a widely distributed playerbase. Here's something I posted a while ago about live EQ and hotzones:
  • Step 1: Add Mischief style randomized loot to hot zone names as bonus drops.
  • Step 2: Create a Zone Itemdrop Modifier (ZIM)
  • Step 3: Make it such that the ZIM and ZEM changes dramatically every week such that most zones are at 100%, a couple zones are hot zones at each level bracket are at 200% and last week's hotzone is at 50%. Rotate through each zone, but especially the ones that are historically underutilized.
  • Step 4: Make the current hotzone spawn mobs with 50% higher spawn rate
Teeks is cool, it just isn't significant enough. The XP bonus is like, 20%? It changes every... year? Or something? The quest rewards are OK when I was a peasant and irrelevant now. It maxes out at level 95, so it hasn't been relevant for high levels in a decade or something. Instead it should change every 3-7 days, be expanded to max level, provide double XP and provide a daily quest that is relevant to nearly all players (Ex: group currency, plat, XP, even tie in with Overseer rewards).

Something like this could be used for TLP, but early TLP doesn't suffer from the same player scarcity that live EQ does. If anything it suffers from mob scarcity. The best ideas I've heard to address that are to just boost the spawn rate dramatically. Like 2-4x for different zones.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They really need to just release the ZEM info publicly. It's so fucking idiotic to still keep that close to the chest, and the entire premise behind it being secret because it should be discovered, with allakhazam and tlp metas etc now, is just stupid. Show the zems, see what the community feedback is, adjust a few, and roll with some new metas. If everyone and their mother level in griefs and nobody in akheva then you buff akheva and say you did it.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
They really need to just release the ZEM info publicly. It's so fucking idiotic to still keep that close to the chest, and the entire premise behind it being secret because it should be discovered, with allakhazam and tlp metas etc now, is just stupid. Show the zems, see what the community feedback is, adjust a few, and roll with some new metas. If everyone and their mother level in griefs and nobody in akheva then you buff akheva and say you did it.

I actually really liked the idea of nightmare zones where levels go up / difficulty goes up / and it runs on a timer so your camp loses that status after a period of time -

would be spicy for raid targets too

Last edited:

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
I actually really liked the idea of nightmare zones where levels go up / difficulty goes up / and it runs on a timer so your camp loses that status after a period of time -

would be spicy for raid targets too

A really dumb thing about EverQuest for a long time has been that harder mobs don't give significantly more exp. Sure, they do individually, but it's almost never worth it, as you will gain more exp killing trivial content.

IE: Mech Guardian

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

This seems perfect. No double drops though, want items to retain some prestige and for farming plat drops / baz items to be worthwhile. This also gives us 3 months total in classic/kunark which seems like the right spot to make the casuals who sit in those eras happy and also not have those eras completely wear out their welcome. Only time I see this schedule potentially being an issue is maybe Luclin, 3 weeks isn't much to be adequately prepped for PoP. Also things like GoD and Underfoot are gonna feel kind of rushed, much less EoK or Burning Lands.

So I guess the only change I'd make is including AA-raise expansions in the 6 week category with level-raises. Or have them be 4 weeks as a sort of middle ground. That gives you more time with Luclin, GoD, DoDH, Underfoot, and the lategame expansions, while keeping things like LDoN/DoN/PoR/TBS quick.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Y'all are floating all these ideas like daybreak is going to put any amount of effort in to this.

Even by some miracle if they do put in a token effort to an interesting ruleset, then what? Everyone has DBZ instant transmission fights over the first Nagafen? Then just sits afk for 3 months in guk while chinese boxers PL characters?

The game just flat doesn't work anymore unless they make some herculean effort to actually change current cheating/boxing/botting behavior.

• 2Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Y'all are floating all these ideas like daybreak is going to put any amount of effort in to this.

Even by some miracle if they do put in a token effort to an interesting ruleset, then what? Everyone has DBZ instant transmission fights over the first Nagafen? Then just sits afk for 3 months in guk while chinese boxers PL characters?

The game just flat doesn't work anymore unless they make some herculean effort to actually change current cheating/boxing/botting behavior.
They do make some effort, obviously, or we wouldn't be playing on Mischief (and not playing on Vaniki). We can hope for a good one, but maybe it'll be a dud. Either way.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

They really don't need to put much effort into it. I really hope they dont over think this. Its simple, they just needs to do 2 of the most popular servers.

Mischief Clone, with 2 month releases
Mangler Clone, with 3 month releases

It would be much better if they staggered these two server release though. In what order I am not sure but I would suggest 3-4 month separation between the two. (march 16th for one, and july for the other but I know they are not going to do this...)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
An easy win would just be Free Trade, Double Loot, Double EXP, Truebox removed in Omens. Maybe a modified unlock schedule (6-8 weeks?) but that would just be icing.

• 2Like