EQEMU: Hammerfall ROTF2 PvP

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dunno how many of these you can answer but the server website is a bit short on info:

1. What db is the server using? PEQ? Something else (if so, what)?

2. What's the level range for pvp?

3. Teams?

4. What anti MQ/hacking stuff is there?

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
Latest PEQ

No level range (Sullon Zek rules)

Deity based teams (can't roll a mith marr paladin and a cazic SK on the same account)

Anti-cheat in place.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
So the download from the website includes the EQ client? I.e. you don't need to find a way to download RoF?

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also, are you just promoting this server, or are you the one running it?

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't try it. I get nervous about emu servers that don't go through the main emu login server.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's funny that you were the one who responded to my post. When I picture someone Trojan horsing some fucked up malware through an eq emu it's your face I'm picturing my man.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
My prediction for this server is a total pop of sub 20 people which will still somehow suffer from GM favoritism and corruption.

Maybe it has a chance, but even if the stars aligned and everything with this was perfect you'd still have to contend with the EQ PvP playerbase which is almost entirely composed of the cross section of low functioning autists and drug addicts.

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm going to eat my words on this one a little bit. I started playing here and it's pretty fun. It's sort of the opposite of Red99, low time investment and decent pvp.

We need more people to play here casually.

FYI Arden Arden it does appear on the normal eqemu server select.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm going to eat my words on this one a little bit. I started playing here and it's pretty fun. It's sort of the opposite of Red99, low time investment and decent pvp.

We need more people to play here casually.

FYI Arden Arden it does appear on the normal eqemu server select.

Oh nice, will def be checking it out

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Server seems to be down right now, it crashed while I was looting my corpse so hopefully tomorrow my corpse is still around.

In other news I killed some guy in Blackburrow one time and he promptly ragequit the server with an "I'm done here" in global chat. Good times.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So I was finally able to get back into the server after two days of no luck getting past server select. My corpse had decayed so I lost all my gear. I said fuck it and tried #Peqzone and it actually worked, letting me zone into shadowrest and summon my decayed corpses to regain my gear. lol.

Unfortunately the "PvP Vendor" who takes your PvP tokens is dubious to me so she ate my PvP token and won't let me open a merchant window either.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I was finally able to get back into the server after two days of no luck getting past server select. My corpse had decayed so I lost all my gear. I said fuck it and tried #Peqzone and it actually worked, letting me zone into shadowrest and summon my decayed corpses to regain my gear. lol.

Unfortunately the "PvP Vendor" who takes your PvP tokens is dubious to me so she ate my PvP token and won't let me open a merchant window either.

Sounds like you're doing a good job beta testing ;)

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm

Yeah nuked her faction, PEQzone is turned on but you can only use it once per day so it's more or less an unstuck tool.