Eternal the Card Game

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think all variations of Burn Queen are just so fast and effective that they are easy to grind with.

Honestly, besides Sandstorm Titan, Argentport is the most broken card in the game. No way it should only be 2 mana with one shadow threshold for a 3/3 with a perfect aggro ability.

It truly is - both are vulnerable to transform but that's a really limited number of decks that can fit them (plus many are costly or random).

Although truthfully it wasn't a complete clone - I did tweak it a little (I trimmed a little and included 2x Medusa and Scraptanks for a better late game rather than losing all steam if the rush gets countered)

Boring to play, but so effective - glad to be Master so I can feel free to play my Wisp deck I have more fun with (Blue-Purp-Yellow recursion)

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Holy crap token deck can have some hilarious games.

Out of nowhere dropping a double rally and watching your opponent explode makes me giddy.

Red/Purple is so strong and you can fly through games. Only thing that really was bothersome were decks running lots of lightning storms and a few combrei decks that had a good mana curve.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Holy crap token deck can have some hilarious games.

Out of nowhere dropping a double rally and watching your opponent explode makes me giddy.

Red/Purple is so strong and you can fly through games. Only thing that really was bothersome were decks running lots of lightning storms and a few combrei decks that had a good mana curve.

If you get a chance, try the Fire/Time Praxis tokens deck. It goes hilariously wide but also has enough strength to go tall too.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Pretty done with Hearthstone and wanted to know how easy this is to get started? I always liked LSV but I'm just looking for the best CCG that doesn't cost a fortune like MTG but is actually tested a little(unlike Hearthstone). Is this the game or is another one out there? Hex seems to be expensive and I don't know of any other options.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I find this game extremely free to play friendly. To the point of where I think they might need to tone it down when the game launches to make sure they make some good money from it.

You can earn gold from playing against the AI in Gauntlet and then buy your way into Forge games which are a limited draft format and also against AI to start to build your collection.

Playing through those formats will earn you multiple rewards and more gold to keep the cycle going.

I played for a week or so before deciding to spend any cash at all. It felt more like a thank you at that point from the fun I had out of the game already.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Pretty done with Hearthstone and wanted to know how easy this is to get started? I always liked LSV but I'm just looking for the best CCG that doesn't cost a fortune like MTG but is actually tested a little(unlike Hearthstone). Is this the game or is another one out there? Hex seems to be expensive and I don't know of any other options.

Agree with Sorrow. It is extremely generous to FTP. Probably too generous. You can reach Master rank in constructed with very cheap decks and some grind and while doing so every win earns you some cards and gold. The PVE also is really easy to grind against for great returns in the beginning.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Agree with Sorrow. It is extremely generous to FTP. Probably too generous. You can reach Master rank in constructed with very cheap decks and some grind and while doing so every win earns you some cards and gold. The PVE also is really easy to grind against for great returns in the beginning.

I've spent a total of $10 (bought the buy-only sigil thingy for the sidebar as a "thank you") and have 100% of cards made, 86% on the "playset" tracker. And that's in around 2 months of rarely playing much more than knocking out quests. (I do still trash all my premiums though)

Caliane

I found keeping lands in the game was too big of a blunder to enjoy the game. Land flood/screw isn't fun.

I've been making the rounds on ccg games.

I missed the inclusion of lands, and hybrids. faeria handles it well. MMDOC did as well. with both heroes having spell types, and the might/magic/fate system.

here, its again. nice.... but, its hard to justify lands being incorporated INTO the regular deck.
playing starter decks. ... one game. round ten... 3 mana, 2 elements. Next game.. round ten 10 mana, 12 elements. next game. back to round 11 and 4 mana...

Vaclav

I've been making the rounds on ccg games.

I missed the inclusion of lands, and hybrids. faeria handles it well. MMDOC did as well. with both heroes having spell types, and the might/magic/fate system.

here, its again. nice.... but, its hard to justify lands being incorporated INTO the regular deck.
playing starter decks. ... one game. round ten... 3 mana, 2 elements. Next game.. round ten 10 mana, 12 elements. next game. back to round 11 and 4 mana...

The mulligan mechanic has taken some getting used to since it's MTG similar, but also different enough to progress differently. It's an initial learning curve that of course still has rare screws in the longrun - but they're easy to mitigate as you get familiar.

Tons of people use the fixers (which there's universal ones and at least one color specific per color) - I tend not to, but run a little "heavy" on land for my curve, but then I run looting effects to replace them when they're excessive. (Although I don't when I do Feln, since it can draw sooooo much with Gorgons and recur)

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game is pretty fucking amazing. It's like they took the best aspects of Hearthstone and put them in MTG, if a bit altered.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
zzeris zzeris and Penance Penance , I hit Master a few days ago playing two decks with 0 legendaries and less than 30 rares between them. One is a mono fire rally/burn deck that is fun to play because it exploits the Eternal playerbases lack of understanding aggression and the 'who is the beatdown' philosophy.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
zzeris zzeris and Penance Penance , I hit Master a few days ago playing two decks with 0 legendaries and less than 30 rares between them. One is a mono fire rally/burn deck that is fun to play because it exploits the Eternal playerbases lack of understanding aggression and the 'who is the beatdown' philosophy.

Thanks. I haven't seen any AOE kill spells yet so don't know how widespread they are. So far, that strategy would have won me some games for sure. Playing a decent RG deck that uses a bit of token power but mainly endurance, cheap removal and the powerful green buff card. It's so much more fun to be able to actually react to your opponent. I've missed that the past few years.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Thanks. I haven't seen any AOE kill spells yet so don't know how widespread they are. So far, that strategy would have won me some games for sure. Playing a decent RG deck that uses a bit of token power but mainly endurance, cheap removal and the powerful green buff card. It's so much more fun to be able to actually react to your opponent. I've missed that the past few years.

Green has Harsh Rule: kills all units for 5 with double green threshold.
Blue has Lightning Storm: 2 damage to all creatures for 2 with a single threshold.
Both have to be cast on their turn but they are definitely the worst threats to Rakano (green/red) and red rally.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Purple has Plague (3 CMC) and the Shadow one (5 CMC) that do well at curtailing zerg as well.

Caliane

Blue also has Crystallize. 5mana,2blue. Stun and deal 1 damage to each enemy unit. spell.
Flash freeze is "stun two enemy units. fast spell." kindof aoe.

I was wondering about that myself when I uninstalled. I also hadn't seen much aoe.
The deck inconsistency issue got to me. Every single game ended with one or both of us top decking. My own deck didn't feel like I was even playing the same deck multiple games in a row. I'd forget I even HAD cards in my deck because I would go 5 games without seeing it.
I'm sure it would even out over time, as you collect cards and make more coherent built decks. But, shit is not fun early. Feels like you have no real control or actual choice in your hand. The deck you build, is not the deck you actually play.

Is there a deck built on static bolt? deal 1 damage. Fate: Increase the damage dealt of all static bolts in your hand and deck by 1.
so, drawing 1, increases the first one to 2 damage right away. 4 in a hand, will already increase the damage of each to 5 each.

second sight, draw two cards, put a card in your hand on the top of your deck. put a static bolt back into the deck and draw it again. 6 damage each. 4 second sights. 9 damage each static bolt.
Elysian trailblazer. summon, the top spell in your deck gets Echo. ideally comboed with second sight, to gain 4 more static bolts. 13 damage each bolt.
We could mirror or echo the trailblazer. but, not sure if there are more ways to place a specific spell onto the top of your deck. Probably.
also, fate is only on draw? not playing from the void?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
OK, here are the two decks I ran in versus. The mono fire deck was the main one and has a grand total of 3 rares and 0 legendaries. Feel free to replace Obliterate and 1 Shogun's Scepter with 2 more Flash Fires and you are down to 1 Rare. Hell, the Scepter wasn't even that important in finishing games so you could remove the other one for another Forge Wolf, Burn Out, or Rampage for a 0 rare deck.

4 Flame Blast (Set1 #2)
3 Forge Wolf (Set0 #1)
4 Grenadin Drone (Set1 #5)
4 Ticking Grenadin (Set1 #12)
4 Torch (Set1 #8)
4 Kaleb's Favor (Set0 #3)
4 Piercing Shot (Set1 #25)
3 Rampage (Set1 #17)
4 Assembly Line (Set1 #29)
4 Fevered Scout (Set1 #512)
4 Rally (Set1 #33)
2 Shogun's Scepter (Set1 #26)
3 Burn Out (Set1 #28)
2 Flash Fire (Set0 #6)
1 Obliterate (Set1 #48)
25 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)

Here is my Rakano deck that is working towards Rakano Plate. This is the one I used mainly to level gauntlet and then for Master gauntlet (only loses to flood/screw) or when mono fire went cold in Versus. It has 9 rares and 1 legendary but the only ones that are important are the Champion's of Glory. The Enforcer and Armorer can be replaced with the 1/1 flying lifsteal aegis bird and the Scepters/Hammers can be replaced with the 3/3 Overwhlem Mace equipment.

4 Finest Hour (Set1 #130)
4 Inspire (Set1 #129)
4 Oni Ronin (Set1 #13)
4 Torch (Set1 #8)
4 Champion of Glory (Set1 #314)
4 Crownwatch Longsword (Set1 #142)
4 Crownwatch Paladin (Set1 #139)
4 Rakano Outlaw (Set1 #20)
4 Vanquish (Set1 #143)
1 Ijin, Imperial Armorer (Set1 #326)
2 Shogun's Scepter (Set1 #26)
4 Sword of Icaria (Set1 #315)
1 Valkyrie Enforcer (Set1 #151)
4 Crownwatch Cavalry (Set1 #169)
2 Hammer of Might (Set1 #170)
8 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
7 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)
1 Emerald Monument (Set1 #422)
1 Granite Monument (Set1 #423)
4 Rakano Banner (Set1 #427)
4 Seat of Glory (Set0 #56)

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I was super salty last night playing ranked.

I started out the night at rank 151 and proceeded to lose 4 games in a row due to mana screw/flood each time.

Took a break and played some Forge then back into ranked. Had a nice sweep of 4 wins with some enjoyable games....then the mana fuckery started again. Lost like 6 games in a row and dropped to 255. I try not to get mad when I'm running my stream, nobody wants to see me cursing and not having fun but fuck it, the broken ass mana mechanic is god awful. The land cards in the deck bullshit sucked ass 25 years ago with Magic The Gathering and should not be still around in 2017.

One of the guys watching was like well how do you fix it? EASY! Split your deck into 2 stacks. Land/Sigils/Power whatever you want to call it as one deck and all your playable cards as the other deck. Let me fucking CHOOSE each turn if I want mana or a playable card. There you go, mischief fucking managed.

I stopped playing competitive Magic because of this horseshit and it's really hurting my enjoyment of Eternal, which I find a far superior game. Now Hearthstone went too far by having the set mana each turn which leads to non-random set decks. That sucks as well. I think a 2 deck system might keep it random enough to avoid decks being solved but I doubt Direwolf will change their core game so far into production. I just wish there was a better method instead of using the exact same bullshit of the past 20+ years.

Fuck mana screw. Getting beaten to death while your opponent has 6 mana and you are stuck at 2 should NEVER happen. Especially in a ranked format.

LiquidDeath

I was super salty last night playing ranked.

I started out the night at rank 151 and proceeded to lose 4 games in a row due to mana screw/flood each time.

Took a break and played some Forge then back into ranked. Had a nice sweep of 4 wins with some enjoyable games....then the mana fuckery started again. Lost like 6 games in a row and dropped to 255. I try not to get mad when I'm running my stream, nobody wants to see me cursing and not having fun but fuck it, the broken ass mana mechanic is god awful. The land cards in the deck bullshit sucked ass 25 years ago with Magic The Gathering and should not be still around in 2017.

One of the guys watching was like well how do you fix it? EASY! Split your deck into 2 stacks. Land/Sigils/Power whatever you want to call it as one deck and all your playable cards as the other deck. Let me fucking CHOOSE each turn if I want mana or a playable card. There you go, mischief fucking managed.

I stopped playing competitive Magic because of this horseshit and it's really hurting my enjoyment of Eternal, which I find a far superior game. Now Hearthstone went too far by having the set mana each turn which leads to non-random set decks. That sucks as well. I think a 2 deck system might keep it random enough to avoid decks being solved but I doubt Direwolf will change their core game so far into production. I just wish there was a better method instead of using the exact same bullshit of the past 20+ years.

Fuck mana screw. Getting beaten to death while your opponent has 6 mana and you are stuck at 2 should NEVER happen. Especially in a ranked format.

I think the real problem this game has is reliable mana fixing. If they could do that better, then the flood/screw would not be such an issue.

I've played enough Hearthstone to know that guaranteed mana turns the game into a tempo shit storm without very, very careful card design and tweaking.

LiquidDeath

Just had my first 7-0 draft with this monster.

Flying echo too strong and the legendary to flood the board with no cost won me at least 1 game that was unwinnable without it. He is great for breaking board stalls.

sick draft.JPG

• 1Like