Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga (2020)

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
3.80 star(s) Rating: 3.80/5 5 Votes
Title: Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga (2020)

Tagline: Nobody wins solo

Genre: Comedy, Music

Director: David Dobkin

Cast: Rachel McAdams, Will Ferrell, Pierce Brosnan, Dan Stevens, Jamie Demetriou, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, Melissanthi Mahut, Joi Johannsson, Björn Hlynur Haraldsson, Graham Norton, Demi Lovato, Jóhannes Haukur Jóhannesson, Bobby Lockwood, Elena Saurel, Julian Miller, Mikael Persbrandt, Jon Kortajarena, Elina Alminas, Alfrun Rose, Elin Petersdottir, Christopher Jeffers, Rebecca Harrod, Josh Zaré, Eleanor Williams, Björn Stefánsson, Maxim De Villiers, Chris Lew Kum Hoi, Tómas Lemarquis, Smari Gunn, Kajsa Mohammar, Gudmundur Thorvaldsson, Arnar Jónsson, Natasia Demetriou, Hannes Óli Ágústsson, Hlynur Þorsteinsson, William Lee Adams, Heidi Niemi, Chris Beaumont, Laura Hayden, Joshua Rumble, Harry Balazs, Jackson Couzens, Halldora Thoell, Nína Dögg Filippusdóttir, Alfie Melia, Mark Adams, Zack Propert, Brie Kristiansen, Gunnar Cauthery, Milan van Weelden, Alexander Tol, Andrei Zayats, Junior Delius, Daniela Tocari, Tharan Sivapatham, Miguel Angelo, Eveline Suter, Tommy Ashby, Lydia Clowes, Aiste Gramantaite, Salvador Sobral, Marcus Garvey, John Lundvik, Anna Odobescu, Bilal Hassani, Loreen, Jessy Matador, Alexander Rybak, Jamala, Elina Nechayeva, Thomas Neuwirth, Netta, Sophia-Grace Donnelly, Trevor Allan Davies, Spike Jefferson, Yevgeniy Malyarchuk

Release: 2020-06-26

Runtime: 124

Plot: Two small-town aspiring musicians chase their pop star dreams at a global music competition, where high stakes, scheming rivals and onstage mishaps test their bond.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
One of the best Will Ferrell movies I've seen.

Its a fairly standard Will Ferrell vehicle, but some of the song numbers are really awesome, even if they were supposed to be parodies. I dont even like stuff like American Idol or The Voice but these Eurovision songs hit me right where I needed it.

music numbers in spoilers
This was just a minute long clip of their competition, i"m hoping Netflix releases a full length version:

The finale song was pretty epic

• 1Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Yeah. Was a bit long in places, but overall a decent enough if you're into Will Ferrel.

Elf jokes were fun too. And plenty of actual EuroVision-people Cameos.

Also, more music numbers.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
LMAO that Lion of Love song is so ridiculously over the top

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I don't know if it was my mood or what, but I was DYING LAUGHING for the first thirty minutes (then I had to turn it off so I'll finish today.) Like every line was so goofy or whatever, and the stupid accents, it was killing me!! "BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY TICKET. FUCK YOU!"

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie is great. I was dying during the scene with him in the car with the Americans.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am not a fan of the musical numbers in movies generally but this movie was a blast. I like Ferrell though in general and it didn't disappoint. I am ok with musical numbers now when they are as funny as this ones were.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database