Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know for me this will be my last hurrah in the world of Everquest. This game came out when I was 13 years old. My parents were Jehovahs Witnesses and I only got to play this when I visited my uncles.

The immersion and escape this game offered was heaven on earth to me when I was that young. I thought about getting to go to my uncles and hang out and play Everquest more then anything else. All i ever did in high school was read these forums and look up the top raid guilds and see what was being killed.

This era, Classic to PoP was my childhood. I love it. I love it SO much. I need to go back to it as an adult and play this game one more time.

I have one child now and one on the way. I can't play these games forever.

I cannot wait to play on this server.
Exactly this minus the Jehovah's
Instead I was relentlessly bullied for reasons I struggle to understand to this day. The whole world seemed against me. It was like that Eminem song, even teachers joined in.
Then EQ came and I got the fuck out of that world and into Norath.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
It has sort of happened with the Quarm server.
Except when the time it was supposed to end people freaked out and bitched about losing all of their "work" and they ended up extending it for a long ass time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Except when the time it was supposed to end people freaked out and bitched about losing all of their "work" and they ended up extending it for a long ass time.
Hence the "sort of" and latecomers bitched about not having enough time to complete the achievements for the rewards. No work was last since the characters were all transferred to a new server - Brekt.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Hence the "sort of" and latecomers bitched about not having enough time to complete the achievements for the rewards. No work was last since the characters were all transferred to a new server - Brekt.
There was plenty of time though. We finished it in a bit over a week or whatever. People had a whole month after that to finish, not to mention the group trials offered the same reward minus the title.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
There was plenty of time though. We finished it in a bit over a week or whatever. People had a whole month after that to finish, not to mention the group trials offered the same reward minus the title.
So did i, but there were a shitton of players who posted on the forums that they didn't have enough time. I guess they finally realized just how good the rewards could be on the live side, such as enough brews to get that stupid rez stick for your druid. Also they probably extended it because the devs didn't have time to deal with it either with the new expansion releasing. Whether or not you think it was a success, it doesn't change the fact that they tried something "sort of" similar to seasons in other games.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I am slightly confused as the point of a server locked at a certain point of progression. I understand the desire to start from scratch and progress etc with a clean slate and it honestly almost had me considering ending my retirement from MMO's but I just can't force myself to play something knowing there is a set ending point like that even though its easily realistic that I might quit not to far past then.

Are servers like Phinny slated to ever be migrated to live servers or are they just always going to be time locked until eventually they run out of population or catch up? A little part of me wouldn't mind grabbing a wiz and jumping on for the ride as I liked the next few expansions minus GoD and have a very flexible work situation to raid pretty consistently and camp shit.

Teylk

Trakanon Raider
Definitely in on this and Pantheon. Looks like a solid group of people - just threw up an app.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I actually think letting it go to LDON and LoY is a good idea. Pretty awesome.

Also bummed it isn't the winter though. That's actually when I get my yearly EQ itch.

• 1Solidarity

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
This. I think I'm mentally unsound to want to play EQ in 2017. Thread makes me jones to play a bard or rogue. Unfortunately (luckily?) I'll be pretty busy come June with my thesis, plus I'very never played tlp and wouldn't want to try to be a puller (bard). And rogues are shit until kunark/velious raid gear iirc?

It's certainly bizarre that so many of us have it. It really is like heroin. We keep chasing that first high. But that first high lasted for years and is better than anything else we've experienced since, so how can we not?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I actually think letting it go to LDON and LoY is a good idea. Pretty awesome.

Also bummed it isn't the winter though. That's actually when I get my yearly EQ itch.

LDoN I'd be ok with, but LoY can go fuck itself. GROBB TROLL 4 LYFE!!!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users
well just train people. when i 6 box farmed efreeti thats all people did to me, effing cleric or wizard run in and gate out. never got suspended, still see them a year later on the server. I usually can get people with a good video or two but gotta know its coming rofl.

i rmt'd on ragefire with my box crew but that wasnt my initial purpose, or i wouldnt have decked out all 30 of my characters to the T, farming 20 phinigel water staves was a bitch but racing other boxers was fun. selling out of ragefire was great though. frankly i was happy with 16 but after racing saytonic at phinigel for the staves i had to go up to 25-30 rofl.

884a3564ebec4dc4803b051e8d73acf3.png

deleted my other photos of my box team rip. got 7 day suspension for that serverwide on ragefire

Lol

Ragefire was fun

Noahx

N00b
For those coming back from a decade ago, the best think you can do is log in on a free account and get use to the Loot Window. Watch a vid, be familiar with the settings, etc. Come day one when we start exping, it will get that monkey off your back and not be the guy in the group without a clue.

Also go watch a shot video on Parceling. As a guy that enjoys being a part time merchant, I am always shocked how often people don't know how to parcel and would have to explain it.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
For those coming back from a decade ago, the best think you can do is log in on a free account and get use to the Loot Window. Watch a vid, be familiar with the settings, etc. Come day one when we start exping, it will get that monkey off your back and not be the guy in the group without a clue.

Also go watch a shot video on Parceling. As a guy that enjoys being a part time merchant, I am always shocked how often people don't know how to parcel and would have to explain it.
Are those parcel NPCs actually available from day 1 on progression servers? I don't think they were there on Fippy but that was the last server I played on.

rad

Lord of Guk
Yeah.. for anyone that needs to test parcel.. you can send a kronkron to Roknok. I'll let ya know if it works.

• 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya when I sell my plat/kronoz I always parcel, sometimes people dont know but once they do, they love it, specially krono cause it goes into your inventory you dont even have to go to the parcel.

• 1Like