Everquest - Live Servers

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Here are the new Rogue AA from the beta boards, the rest are focus or extension of existing lines:
Pet Discipline (Rank: 1) (Lvl: 70)
This passive ability allows you to give your temporary pet commands. Hotkeys for these commands can be created using the pet control window.

Twinstrike (Rank: 1) (Lvl: 85)
This passive ability grants a 1% chance per rank to perform a twincast each time you activate a skill attack combat ability.

Twinstrike (Rank: 2) (Lvl: 90)
This passive ability grants a 1% chance per rank to perform a twincast each time you activate a skill attack combat ability.

Twinstrike (Rank: 3) (Lvl: 95)

Twinstrike (Rank: 4) (Lvl: 100)

Twinstrike (Rank: 5) (Lvl: 105)
This passive ability grants a 1% chance per rank to perform a twincast each time you activate a skill attack combat ability

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ohh gawd, the creativity is blowing my fucking mind.
woah.gif

woah.gif

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
LOL 10k new AA's - because everyone finishes content too quickly and only logs in to raid. Massive grind = glorious timesink = buckets of fun = more subs? Who is in charge of this ship again? Can we have Ponytail back?

Reht

Molten Core Raider
LOL 10k new AA's - because everyone finishes content too quickly and only logs in to raid. Massive grind = glorious timesink = buckets of fun = more subs? Who is in charge of this ship again? Can we have Ponytail back?
I know it's inconceivable, but most of my guild is actually happy about it, most of them (myself included, if i still played) are glad they will have something to do that lasts longer than the first 2-3 days.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
So EQ and EQ2 have new Kunark expansions? So 10,000AA for EQ, and what, 10,000 new house items in EQ2?

Is there really just no creativity left at Daybreak, or does Holly Longdale just suck all the creativity out of everyone working there? I have it, lets add some bullshit stat that no one can figure out what it's for, or create some new supermysticalphotoplasmic weapons that add an extra million point to all stats.

Depresses me because I really enjoyed the hell out of both games for many many years. I almost wish they'd just close them down. It's like watching a great quarterback refuse to retire, as he progressively gets worse and worse, until...Joe Montana.

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's probably less Holly and more that they have like 12 people between the two teams, none of which have the skill set to deliver MMO expacs.

Not to be a dick, but who would want to work on EQ1 or 2 in 2016 outside of interns or people so deeply rooted with Daybreak they refuse to leave (unless forcibly so). Daybreak is horrible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
People are generally happy with it. There's some issues here and there, but the content is not buggy, good and enough to progress through. There's enough to do for a month or two casually. The massive number of fairly diluted and uninteresting AAs is daunting. For some classes there aren't that many that are must-haves (Ex: warrior, half the AAs are damage, bard, half the AAs are for damage), for others almost all of them are (necros, mages)

Siliconemelons

I logged on, level 69 SK in PoP Elemental/Time with some GoD off slots..

NO fucking clue what to do, no idea where to level.... gear is crap...don't know how to summon the auto bro so I can solo....

logged off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Up to which expansion is free to play at this point? And how much content would I be able to do with something like a warrior/bard with maybe a wizard or cleric?

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
No mage?

Did they change a variable for the first time in a decade?

I was working off "war/bard" that he stated.

Mage/Mage/Wizard+ClrMerc+WizMerc+Rotating Slot between Wiz and Clr Mercs would probably be absolute optimal if all you care about is absolute optimal

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Reminds me of the first time I took the boat to Kunark on my first character, a low 20s warrior. I recall nervously boarding the boat from the Kaladim docks with great apprehension, mostly out of fear in not knowing what lie ahead. Shit, I wasn't even sure I was high enough level to even go over there yet.

So there I was, already scared shitless and what happens? I zone into Ocean of Tears and promptly fall through the fucking boat and watched in horror as it took off without me. I went into a full panick, knowing that I would probably never find my corpse if I drowned and would lose all of my shit. Fortunately, a GM answered my petition within minutes and ported me out before I could drown.

Good times!