Everquest - Live Servers

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My first boat adventure resulted in a lost corpse somewhere in the depths of Ocean of Tears. Level 8 Troll Warrior, outfitted in fine-steel weaponry and a few pieces of banded armor. My friend on Faydwer had convinced me to make the trek over. My dial-up connection failed somewhere in the zone transition. I didn't know could petition GM's at that time, so after a 5 hour failed attempt to find the corpse, I gave up and started a new character. SeemsEqMan.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I hate watching videos about EQ, because no one pronounces zone names the same way I do (i.e., they pronounce them wrong).

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I was working off "war/bard" that he stated.

Mage/Mage/Wizard+ClrMerc+WizMerc+Rotating Slot between Wiz and Clr Mercs would probably be absolute optimal if all you care about is absolute optimal
SK/Berserker/ENC + mercs is probably the most OP combination for kill speed. Those three classes are the current OP ones.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Up to which expansion is free to play at this point? And how much content would I be able to do with something like a warrior/bard with maybe a wizard or cleric?
I box a war/bard/mage right now.

It's fine and once your warrior is geared you can pretty much do all the group content on your own except some of the difficult missions.

I am considering replacing the mage with either a berserker or a cleric. The berserker would increase kill speed, the cleric would make me more able to do challenging or awkward content.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
enc OP?

Is CC needed again? I tried to level an enc and ground to a half around 85--That shit was fucking painful.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Only in that an enchanter can do decent DPS (unlike a bard or shaman) and do some tanking (no really) but can also buff their group and add ADPS.

Personally I like the tracking and selos a bard has so much that I'd take my 20k DPS bard over whatever an enchanter is doing. I also think a bard is better at pulling and might be the best pulling class in the game. At many points that becomes super important, at other points the grouping game becomes so laughably easy that you can just pull tons of mobs at a time and kill them all with your well geared tank + high AE DPS.

I'm considering going from war/brd/mage to war/brd/cle right now because if I have a boxed cleric I can go DPS mode in my warrior, whose DPS totally eclipses my mage, and it'll enable me to survive tougher pulls more easily (under tanking mode).

This thread kinda goes over the balance issues that are in the game right now:
balance.. where art thou? | EverQuest Forums

In short, SK/ENC/Berserkers are S rank. Pal/War are A+ rank.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I logged on, level 69 SK in PoP Elemental/Time with some GoD off slots..

NO fucking clue what to do, no idea where to level.... gear is crap...don't know how to summon the auto bro so I can solo....

logged off.
Create a new chaacter, its all explained in tutorial. Log off, log into main, enjoy the auto bro and solo. There is a dude in POK that tells you where to go, hail him. Hes outside the guild hall thingie.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I would 100% resub/buy expansion for being able to chanter my way to win without a fucking box army.

Siliconemelons

Cant you have 2 robobros? just the 2nd is only for pay-play accounts? As an ench just get a healer and warrior robot and enjoy

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Last time I quit they nerfed headshot for my ranger, back a few years ago when it was still sony. Is headshot back?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Explain to me Chanter tanking.

Like, can I molo with my chanter? Without needing a box crew?
I don't know shit about enchanters except they have some way to use runes to tank and something else to hold aggro. I recommend reading through:
The Newbie Zone | EverQuest Forums

There's a lot of good advice there for returning players.

But a boxed army will always be better than moloing. Moloers are the peasants in EQ. Even 2-boxing is bad because you generally have a tank + healer merc + utility/buffing + dps merc. So that's one slot for DPS and it's probably a merc doing 20-30k DPS in addition to your 20-30k from your tank. And unless you're a raid-geared tank you'll want 2 healer mercs to fight tier 2 named mobs, which means you'll be grinding down named mobs with tank DPS like a chump.

If you have a 3box you have tank + healer merc + utility/buffing + DPS + 2x DPS mercs. A good DPS can sustain 150k DPS, which means you might be killing stuff some 5 times faster 3boxing vs 2boxing.

I'll sometimes roll up to an area, watching a 2 boxing group be fighting a mob, and kill like a dozen mobs by the time they finish it. I have no idea what some people are doing. And I don't even have a really good DPS character.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Explain to me Chanter tanking.

Like, can I molo with my chanter? Without needing a box crew?
Over the last 6 or 7 expansions, enchanters have gotten quite a few powerful and stackable runes, etc.. Turn off spell casting subtlety AA (makes aggro even easier to maintain now) and they can tank like a champ by debuffing, dotting and then chain casting their runes. If the NPC is stunnable it's even easier. I used to use my chanter to tank named all the time. I can't speak as to the easy of finding charmable mobs in the current and last expansion since i quit after my guild beat the last expansion, but if you can charm, you can definitely molo.