Everquest - Live Servers

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
when did effects even start proccing off of ripostes? that seems like a broken idea in general. whoever didn't predict another shakerpage situation from that was dumb.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Looks like a raid equipped 1% SK (Which is pretty much what this dude is) with full barrage of buffs doing group content. So lets nerf all SK. I sure as hell cant do that on my group geared SK.

Granted its silly, but come on. Hey I just learned that raid geared toons make group content trivial.

The thing is the riposte thing really only works well with a ton of mobs. If you do some parses and actual damage done(and heals coming back) with riposte agaist say 2-5 mobs, its shit, it only ramps up as there is more mobs. So this nerf really will only hurt those that actually try to do shit like the above dude does. Regular folks that tank 3-5 mobs or off tank adds in raids will be not affected at all or only slightly.

Taken from the SK boards...
Over in FM, with 1-2 mobs, I only riposted ~2.7% of my swings. With 3-5 mobs, that went up to ~5.7% for ~465 dps with a 1her. Only when you get huge numbers of mobs do things get crazy with riposte and thereby leech - the more mobs, the more ripostes, then more leech healing.
I didn't parse it and don't know what that SK did, but when you use 2H you do a lot more damage with melee attacks. % wise that'll change that DPS amount a lot.

Additionally when you have a lot of avoidance and a lot more hDEX to surpass mob's strikethrough, riposte being the first avoidance check means you increase your riposte chances quite a bit. That's why in old zones I can get a train of mobs, run through them and kill them all like I'm the cavalry running out the castle in LotR2.

I know when I pull 20 mobs in shard's landing while farming my tear of alaris I get a massive amount of healing from my blooddrinker's coating.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Your brain has to be riddled with autism to play with that UI.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It looks like a multiboxing ui. As in, one you can play on a fourth of a screen.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont know the guy, but it does not seem like hes a boxer. Hes in modern progression playing with RL people.

And sadly thats one of the problems with EQ. Its just tired and old engine that they have added so much over the years its just a bloated mess. Just look at his hot bars, filled with AA skills, item clickeys, tomes, etc... Plus it seems like hes playing on some old outdated CRT tube resolution or something. LOL. Even on my boxing crew I run it sure does not look like that.

But Imagine the learning curve involved there for a new player making a new lv85 heroic character.

You can download nice UIs that are a lot cleaner, plus if you play on a modern 1440p monitor it sure does not look like that.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I dont know the guy, but it does not seem like hes a boxer. Hes in modern progression playing with RL people.

And sadly thats one of the problems with EQ. Its just tired and old engine that they have added so much over the years its just a bloated mess. Just look at his hot bars, filled with AA skills, item clickeys, tomes, etc... Plus it seems like hes playing on some old outdated CRT tube resolution or something. LOL. Even on my boxing crew I run it sure does not look like that.

But Imagine the learning curve involved there for a new player making a new lv85 heroic character.

You can download nice UIs that are a lot cleaner, plus if you play on a modern 1440p monitor it sure does not look like that.
Yeah, don't think he is and i box a ton (don't use software for it any more) and would never use a UI like that, i also goes for more minimalist and functional when boxing.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I still use IS Boxer. I dont have it configured like some people, just run it standard but its nice to be able to at least set up a few hotkeys to be pushed from your main account and the fast switching between accounts is nice too.

But I ran boxes before with jsut using windows and It wasnt that bad to do.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, at the end i just found myself using isboxer for virtualized keybinds (which i believe wineq does?) so i could have different multibinds, now i just run multiple installs instead. I never really configured ISBoxer to its utmost, just used it standard with some broadcasting, i used keyboard macros for the rest and just got tired of using multiple keyboards more than anything else. just wasn't worth paying for any longer.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
A lot of those hotbar buttons are probably bound together to the same key. That's how you ghetto priority-list macro in EQ and get around the macro length limitations / input delays.

Or he's sane and uses MQ2.

Last edited:

Reht

Molten Core Raider
A lot of those hotbar buttons are probably bound together to the same key. That's how you ghetto priority-list macro in EQ and get around the macro length limitations / input delays.

Or he's sane and uses MQ2.
Hotnar button keybinds show the key they are bound to in the upper right corner of the button if done in game in both the default UI and the custom one i use (sars) - this shows default. Doesn't look like he is using an keybinds at all at least one the hotkey bar pages...i added M for this image on the second hotbar.

SOFf4SK.jpg

I don't think he was using MQ, but i guess he could be using ISBoxer or WinEQ and using keybinds through there rather than within the game client.

Last edited:

Reht

Molten Core Raider
It's definitely going to affect SKs who off tanks in raids....potentially quite a bit. My guild may have to rework a few strats where we use one or two SK to offtank a bunch of adds.
So according to our SKs, the nerf is negligible, damage is a little spikier but really didn't affect them all that much on raid.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
The amount of fresh 85's popping up on FV is just insane right now.

Also, you can just make heroics without even having a paid account? This is great. Going to make 85's of every class just because.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wonder if they even thought about inflation. If every toon gets 15k plat just for logging in and hitting the heroic button, I'm sure there'll be people to just sploit the fuck out of that with a million accounts.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I think the promo only applies to previously made accounts, or those that have an active sub. So hard to exploit it unless you already had a million accounts made

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I guess I'm crazy because I'm rolling a few of these free heroic chars on Bristlebane to play EQLive, at least until Agnarr comes out. Anyone on Bristlebane want to help show me the ropes? I've played at level 85 before, but never any higher and it was years ago (back on Mayong). Thinking ENC/MAG/CLR. Mostly because those are 3 of the classes I haven't played past 80. The only other is Berserker and Warrior. I have no interest in Warriors and I tried a Berserker out and hated the playstyle. Do I really need to go full access on all of these accounts? Or could I just let the ENC stay silver and get by fine? Can I get by just two boxing? So much easier to two box, I have tri boxed before (BRD/NEC/RNG) which worked amazingly and I did really well with it, so I can do it, it's just quite the pain.

Edit: Read the last few pages. Seeing the ENC nerfs is a real bummer because I've really enjoyed learning the ENC and seeing how badass the runes are now (I'm only level 85 heroic so the nerfs haven't started yet, since it appears they start at 86+) but if the rune I chain recast at 85 had an 20+ recast I would hate it. Did they ever go back a little bit on the hardcore ENC nerfs :(?

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The enchanter nerfs weren't ever rolled back.

The class is still pretty good though.

You'll do a lot better with war/enc/cle than mage/enc/cle. The mage pet isn't a great tank, and tanks are pretty OP right now. In modern content any 2box or 3box that doesn't include a tank (war/sk/pal) is going to be mediocre. SKs are better than warriors for group content, but warriors are easier to box because they don't need to cast spells to maintain their tankability.

I five box war/brd/cle/bers/mage.

Good combinations with the classes you listed are:
war/brd/rng
war/enc/rng
war/brd/mage

Right now I'd say the best three box is war/brd/ber. I recently added the berserker and multi-boxing a melee is easier than I thought it would be.

Putting a healer in your lineup shouldn't be done lightly. Healer mercs can do fine, especially with bard support.