Facebook "Last active"

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

sonicmaster

Molten Core Raider
It's beyond me why something like Facebook could still have this invasive kind of control. I just realized that you simply log in and do absolutely nothing, any friend of yours can see that you were "Last active 1 min ago".
And worse If I just check a notification on the phone, without actually even going on facebook I'm still seen as active.
Jeez! Can't I decide to ignore any messages, requests, etc without having the other person saying "hey, you're online I know it!"

I've done a search and even added a filter to my adblock but it didn't work.

Does anyone know if there's a way to "block" this?

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's beyond me why something like Facebook could still have this invasive kind of control. I just realized that you simply log in and do absolutely nothing, any friend of yours can see that you were "Last active 1 min ago".
And worse If I just check a notification on the phone, without actually even going on facebook I'm still seen as active.
Jeez! Can't I decide to ignore any messages, requests, etc without having the other person saying "hey, you're online I know it!"

I've done a search and even added a filter to my adblock but it didn't work.

Uninstall Facebook. MAGA

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got rid of mine this week. Haven't regretted it for a minute. You should give it a shot.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

sonicmaster

Molten Core Raider
Exactly the same as a_skeleton_03. I have two groups that use it for communication too. I just can't quit. But obviously end up using it for other things too.

Feien

Ploppers

Not sure if this is the same ad block filter you tried, but it has kinda worked for me at least on desktop use. Though it will still ping me if I check FB on my phone like you mentioned.

HTML:
https://*-edge-chat.facebook

If it wasn't for my business use I would have been done with FB a long time ago, I really wish I could let it go.

sonicmaster

Molten Core Raider
Yes that one, but it didn't work for me. Even on the desktop version.
Not sure if this is the same ad block filter you tried, but it has kinda worked for me at least on desktop use. Though it will still ping me if I check FB on my phone like you mentioned.

HTML:
https://*-edge-chat.facebook

If it wasn't for my business use I would have been done with FB a long time ago, I really wish I could let it go.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Why would you say that? It's massively popular on the messaging feature alone.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Google plus is heating up

0daf4-leosims.png

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Oh you mean the completely separate app?
Yes, if you're using FB on a phone, messenger has its own app. Are you arguing for or against the downfall of Facebook here?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I deleted it years ago. Best move ever.

• 1Solidarity

Agraza

Registered Hutt
If I didn't have a few people (work) that used it exclusively for communication I would have deleted it a while ago. I do very little on it.
This. Many co-workers and some higher managers communicate with it. They're actually quite savvy given their generation, so I figure I can meet them halfway.