Factorio

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Just started playing this and fucking loving it! Its ugly as hell, but holy crap so deep and fun, its basically what I wanted SimCity to be but 100x better.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Been playing for a week now. It's very fun, but will get grindy on you towards the end. If you know that going in, it can be very enjoyable.

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Saw Intropy playing it so I looked it up. God damn, I love this game.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
This looks very intriguing.

How deep does it get?
The base shown in the trailer is not an exaggeration. You basically start with a pick axe mining stone by hand and many many many hours later work your way up to that.

Pretty much every single thing you can do manually as a player can eventually be automated.

Mountain Man_sl

shitlord
This looks very intriguing.

How deep does it get?
The game with no mods was enough to hold my attention for quite a few playthroughs. There are tons of mods available, although I don't know if they are all available on Steam yet or not. I play the non-Steam version still. If you ever get bored of the base game, or even the base game with lots of mods, just look up Bob's Mods. It creates a whole new game that is 20x as complex. It is actually TOO complex for my taste.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The game with no mods was enough to hold my attention for quite a few playthroughs. There are tons of mods available, although I don't know if they are all available on Steam yet or not. I play the non-Steam version still. If you ever get bored of the base game, or even the base game with lots of mods, just look up Bob's Mods. It creates a whole new game that is 20x as complex. It is actually TOO complex for my taste.
Steam version does not have Steam Workshop access yet, but any mod you download from factorio forums/ other places will work just as well on the steam version if you install it correctly.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does it go Dwarf Fortress deep?
smile.png

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
FUUUUUUCCCCK. This is one of those just 5 more mins game and then 6 hours later you notice it is far past your bed time.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
best game evah ! decided to check it out at 2 pm, it's 1 am and I can't stop.

p.s. how the fuck do you get into the car ?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Crazy ass addicting game. Took me a minute to realize that my steam power plant was showing up as powerless in that I had nothing using electricity near it vs. it not actually having power. Kept leading lines of pipes with heaters towards it hoping it would "power up."

Really digging it, and it's only getting more interesting as I get further along in each tech tree. Totally worth 20 bucks and then some.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If I ever break my addiction to Stardew Valley, this is next indie game on my list to play. Looks so good.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If I ever break my addiction to Stardew Valley, this is next indie game on my list to play. Looks so good.
If you think Stardew was addicting, holy shit you are not prepared for Factorio.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I know. Im actually frightened.
I played it for an hour and had to refund it out of fear for my professional and social life.

Fucking great game, too good even. Like fuckin mexican black tar.

Dashivax

N00b
The addiction is real. Couldn't stop making my base more efficient.

Be prepared for dreams about belts and inserters for days.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can confirm. I had a partially remembered dream last night where I was creating a nerve center in my city with nothing but research buildings powered by solar panels and conveyors strictly feeding them the "Science" bottles. Because I definitely need to do that in my current session, as I have ore/coal/parts on an endless loop all over my walled in military compound.