Fallout 4

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Spoiler rules:
1. All quest (subquest, companion, main quest etc) must be in a spoiler without exception.
2. All character build, combat etc. discussion can be outside a spoiler unless it impacts #1. (Ex: How do you kill aliens?).
3. Locational information can be outside a spoiler unless it impacts #1.

Thread will become all spoilers allowed after one month.

Bethsoft.com

Let the countdown begin...

Rumors are saying this is the countdown meter. Either way we need a fallout thread.

Game Info:
Six things I wish Id known before starting Fallout 4 - PC Gamer
PSA: There is an unlimited, renewable source of home-grown adhesive. : fo4
Fallout 4 Tips Everyone Should Know : fo4

Ini Tweaks:
Unlock Frame Rate, Change FOV, Skip Intro Video, Unlock Console, 21:9 Support and Remove Mouse Smoothing + Other Fixes

Vorph_sl said:
Couple FPS things:

- Turn Shadow Distance to medium. High and ultra are absurdly long range, like 4-6 times are far.

- Turn God Rays to medium. I can't even tell the difference, except that turning them up is a pretty significant FPS hit. IIRC Skyrim had the same problem.
Vaclav_sl said:
Hatorade_sl said:
How do I remove the dog or any companion for that matter, I want to solo this shit.
Talk to it, Dismiss.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
That's definitely a countdown to a fallout announcement. No doubt about it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
hey I know morse co... eh I'll let someone else do it...

But yeah a month before an anouncement? who cares.

edit: 11-12-13 I think.fuck these guys that was two days ago.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Breakarms_sl

shitlord
Should we just shoot up this opiate or wait till all the DLC are out and then overdose on the biggest deluge of gaming bliss all at once?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Should we just shoot up this opiate or wait till all the DLC are out and then overdose on the biggest deluge of gaming bliss all at once?
Dude there is no way in 7 hells I could resist waiting for DLCs. I'd stay up and DL the instant it was out.

Rime

<Donor>
hey I know morse co... eh I'll let someone else do it...

But yeah a month before an anouncement? who cares.

edit: 11-12-13 I think.fuck these guys that was two days ago.
In the way that the US tracks time, yes. Month/Day/Year. Many other countries do Day/Month/Year, I believe? So who knows.

If this is Fallout 4 or Fallout Boston or just fucking Fallout ANYTHING, I will be so happy.

Breakarms_sl

shitlord
They've had 2 years now to improve the engine even more and have seemingly been waiting for the next-gen consoles. I'm thinking at least as big of a jump, tempered only because I think FO3 was already a nice improvement over Oblivion in a number of ways.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
fap-fap-fap.gif

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Skyrim-with-guns without DLCs? Sure.

Skyrim-with-guns without mods to fix all the broken shit that will still be broken 2 years later? No thank you.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Sure smells like a cinematic at the VGAs.

As the game I was most bummed to not have an appearance at E3, about time.

I sure hope it is next gen only.

Rime

<Donor>
Why would anyone play a Fallout/Elder Scrolls game on a console? The modding communities for these games are always incredible. Heck, for Skyrim alone, there are several mods that add as much material as a DLC... and they are free. Not to mention all of the bug fixes/customization/etc you can do with mods.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Why would anyone play a Fallout/Elder Scrolls game on a console? The modding communities for these games are always incredible. Heck, for Skyrim alone, there are several mods that add as much material as a DLC... and they are free. Not to mention all of the bug fixes/customization/etc you can do with mods.
Because we are not all elitist anal pricks.

Also I have a massive hard on for Fallout and will play it on whatever it is released on first.

post-3894-Colbert-look-at-all-the-fucks-PjeZ.gif

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I didn't say I wanted it on a console, I meant that I hope it is designed around systems with at least 5 GB of memory and decent graphics, and not designed for something that will be (at that point) a decade old.

Hell, just for bug fixes alone you should be playing on PC.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I agree wholeheartedly about the PC stuff.

But Grumpus, were not all elitists. I'm usually the one reading GTAV, Final Fantasy, Xenoblade threads saying AWW FUCK. But in some cases us PC folk are right.