Fallout Shelter android/iphone

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
New game, sort of like a sims type of thing where you are the vault master. Building rooms, managing energy, water, and food, making new babies, attracting new wastelanders, training up your dudes, managing emergencies/incursions sending dudes out to the wastes to collect shit and gain levels. Pretty cool. F2Phttps://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tshelter&hl=en

rrr_img_106737.jpg
rrr_img_106738.jpg
rrr_img_106739.jpg

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's a neat base building game basically. I wish it had an option for everything being sped up but not running the timers in the background, don't really like feeling obligated to check in every few hours to grab shit.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
It's a neat base building game basically. I wish it had an option for everything being sped up but not running the timers in the background, don't really like feeling obligated to check in every few hours to grab shit.
This is my feelings summed up. It's too much waiting around when you do try to play it but also too much decay when you leave it alone for a while. It's not bad but I don't think it lived up to it's potential.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It was fun for a few days, but I quickly stopped caring about checking/updating/etc.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I enjoyed this game, but probably more because of the fallout IP than the gameplay. The beginning is pretty slow while you build up, but once you get three wide rooms of everything resources start rolling in. It's definitely a facebook paced game where you play for 2-4 minutes several times a day rather than in longer sessions. The weapon/armor collection part of the game keeps it somewhat engaging since there's a very small sweet spot in the resource side of the game between too poor to do anything and too rich to care.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Bit slow for me. I thought it was way over rated with how people were raving about it on iOS.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Fun, but definitely wildly overrated. I've been a mobile f2p player for a while now so I'm well versed in all the mobile tropes (timers, 5-10 minute playtime, etc.) but Fallout Shelter definitely feels a bit lacking.

I'd really like to see some sort of interactive action element added. Maybe something for when you send your Dwellers into the Wasteland. I'm thinking Oregon Trail style, where your hunting section is a nifty little mini-game where skill can determine the quality/quantity of goods you pick up.

I'd also like to see more personality in your dwellers. A big part of Fallout for me has been meeting all the weird characters that the Wasteland creates. Sometimes I'll bump into a character that I hate, and go out of my way to fuck with them. Shelter has none of that -- besides their names and SPECIAL stats, every dweller is essentially the same. It would be fun to manage clashes in personality, match dwellers up based on romantic capability, have dwellers produce more resources when they get along better, etc.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sadly same thing noodle

Wife is enjoying it but starting to get bored too. Although the raiders attacking was fun.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you want to just have some fun with the game. Get a mr handy or two and put them on your resource levels. Start tracking your wandering dwellers or just go into the build menu. The robots will just keep gathering stuff for you and no attacks will happen. You can build up all the caps in the world this way, just slowly without guys with high luck. This also helps levels up all your dudes which makes them able to take on the bigger raids and events.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Have a pretty good shelter, 109 or so residents. I have a bunch of max level buildings. For me the game has gotten to the level where the only thing to do is find cool stuff in the wasteland which requires you to have high SPECIAL, high level survivors so they can survive for 60+ hours outside the shelter. So I have some 80% of my survivors in one of 14 training rooms. This makes managing the game super easy for now because all I need to do is go in and hit the level SPECIAL buttons. I figure after a week or two they'll be max SPECIAL and I can start sending them out. My plan is as I send them out I'll start replacing their spots in the training rooms with new people.

My guess is I'll get annoyed with the interface when my guys start returning with 100 items that I have to sell for 10caps a piece, plus having to load them up with 25 rads and stims by pressing the button 50 times is annoying.

Oh and the game on my nexus4 has real slow down issues and bugs where the camera becomes unresponsive for 5-10 seconds.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My Nexus 4 runs it perfectly. Never had any slowdown or unresponsiveness. Did the slow down start at a certain point? I didn't get above 40 residents before getting bored.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's some option called "Cam Sense" which uses up a bunch of power, you can try turning that off and see if it helps.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There's some option called "Cam Sense" which uses up a bunch of power, you can try turning that off and see if it helps.
Is that an ios thing? I didn't see any option for it and a google search doesn't come up with anything.

Caliane

Found this super boring, no tactics, etc.

Also did get some slowdown iirc on nexus 7. And standard massive battery drain.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is that an ios thing? I didn't see any option for it and a google search doesn't come up with anything.
It's only in settings in-game, doesn't show in the main menu. I have it on my Nexus 6 so definitely on Android. It's apparently a battery / processor hog because it affects how the game looks based on how you're holding your phone or something, tries to angle the in game camera to match. I have no slowdown and only average battery drain on my phone so shrug.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ahh, yeah I assumed that was camera sensitivity rather than parallax viewing.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Just ruined my shelter.. accidently forgot to lock my phone which meant the game was running with no interaction for quite a while.. Came back to it and I had 0 food, all of my guys were at 10% life, started rushing the food to try to get the supply back and it failed and summoned mole rats who wiped out everybody. With the people who hid I don't have enough to power my shelter so I can't make food or water...

Only way to salvage it is to sell most of the buildings and go back almost to square one... so instead I think ill start a new shelter!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think I'm pretty much done with the game.

Once I got my first max-stat dweller back from a 90+ hour (they stop picking up gear after they get 99 items, which is around the 90 hour mark since they get about 9 items from random events and get an item an hour) I found out that with that many items my phone can't render it well enough to quickly delete them.

So I transferred my save file to my emulated android on my PC and it runs buttery smooth. In the process of learning how to do that, I found out that my suspicions about the way endurance works was correct: You get something like 0.5 health per endurance when you level, and endurance only helps reduce rad sickness after that. A level 50 dweller that leveled with 1 endurance will have something like 200 health, a level 50 dweller that leveled with 15 endurance will have something like 560 health. So my 100+ dwellers I just finished leveling to max SPECIAL with varying degrees of levels were gimped in unknown ways.

So I recalled my exploring dwellers, gutted the worst of them, and started procreating like mad (With 21 training rooms!). I hope to make some 180 new dwellers. In the process I found I got no legendary items, which was surprising because I heard the 60 hour event, the National Guard Depot, has a 10% chance to generate a legendary.

I learned online this was nerfed and rarely or never gave out legendary items. I also learned that the chance to get a legendary each hour is ExplorationDurationMinutes / 360,000. I modeled that and found out that if a dweller explores for 90 hours the odds they get a legendary is about 0.5%. This means that if I send out roughly 170 dwellers to explore I have an 85% chance to get a legendary. With the round trip time being 90 hours (exploring) + 45 hours (return) = 135 hours, the average rate per legendary with 170 dwellers will be 158 or one week.

I can live with one legendary per week, but if you have 200 trips per legendary, that's 200*100 or 20,000 items per legendary. That means you not only have to manage the sending out of a dweller 200 times (I made a macro to click the mouse super fast 25 times for the stim packs so that's easy, PC gaming master race), but you also have to click on 20,000 items to delete them.

And this all assumes your dwellers will make it 90 hours, which is only going to be true for a small percent of them that have decent weapons.

FOShelter is just a small, fun game, but when I briefly examined FOShelter I hoped to make a baller vault and start farming legendary gear through whatever system they had. However I won't be able to accomplish my goal because I'm unwilling to cycle 200 dwellers per legendary and sell 20,000 items. I may pick it back up if they unnerf the NGD or legendary drop rates.