Fantasy Football - Gravy's Fun League (RRFL 2)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
make-it-so-captain-102843.jpg

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly on the fence. Already in 3 leagues. If you guys get to the point you absolutely need 1 more, let me know and I'll jump In.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Looking forward to crushing peons again.

Did we get Mrs. Gravy Mrs. Gravy to join the league by chance?
You rang?!
So, I may need a crash course in this. I have watched over G's shoulder for any fantasy football leagues in which he participated. I have not had my own teams. I also may have given him some crap if he chose players who were antithetical to Chief-fandom.
When is the draft (read: do I have time to study...both for rules/players and to hone my shit-giving skills)?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gravy sent me a pm once to make a trade. I don't think we made a deal but it was a positive experience chatting with him. Helluvaguy!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
You rang?!
So, I may need a crash course in this. I have watched over G's shoulder for any fantasy football leagues in which he participated. I have not had my own teams. I also may have given him some crap if he chose players who were antithetical to Chief-fandom.
When is the draft (read: do I have time to study...both for rules/players and to hone my shit-giving skills)?
There are a ton of guides out there to help you out. But if you want to win, you're going to have to pick against the Chiefs players at some point. ☺️

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
There are a ton of guides out there to help you out. But if you want to win, you're going to have to pick against the Chiefs players at some point. ☺️

Good first advice.

You don't need to know every player in the game. You need to know the value of the pieces on the board.

This is, of course, debatable so only take this as a starter guideline, not some manifesto. I, for instance, have never actually won a league. I make the playoffs sometimes but I've never won.

We get the following pieces (think of chess):

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 Flex (which can be an RB or a WR, and in some leagues a TE)
1 Defense
1 Kicker
------
7 People on the 'Bench'. They can be of any mixture of pieces (positions) as you want. 7 QBs. 7 Kickers. 1 of each. Whatever.

That is how this league is anyway. Those pieces can be changed, but those are the ones we played with. They are fairly standard.

Each week you are up against another player. That is the team you will play. If we play each other, we both pick the best players we can to put into each position.

Then, once the Sunday Day games start, the players are locked in and we sit back and watch if our guys can do a good job or not.

Even if you lose, it can be a bunch of fun to just root for your guys. So I have a WR who plays for Miami and sucks ass? So what. He's my guy.

There's a ton more nuance if you want but it's basically just a game of plugging players into slots, and watching what happens. The best observers are usually the winners, but even if you only observe a little, it can be a ton of fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Not quite the Sandusky Shower Squad or the Crosby Kids Roofie Squad, but seems fine!

• 1Solidarity

Alpha

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Poll is now up to claim your team. Please do it by Tuesday. If you cannot play this year, please let me know here so I can start replacements.

I'm down if there are any spots open.

• 1Like

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
OK - so weird question (thanks for the link Ameraves). When I went to sign up, G had it set to auto-fill - his e-mail, his password. Would it be too weird for me to use as is or would you (fun league members) prefer I set up my own account? Either way, I am fine. It was an e-mail he set up just for this/ESPN thing.

NM - I think - I hope that I was successful in editing his account to indicate the new ownership and name...still keeping his e mail though.

Last edited:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I was going to say, I think you can edit the team name to something else, and probably keep the same login if you so chose.