Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I skipped the FFX CM at first because after a few tries, the RNG on that bullshit status beam attack annoyed me too much.

Went back today to try a different strategy. I used something new... another Cid Raines RW w/ double mage.

Sanctuary beast got off I think one single target attack and one AoE attack before dying. The rest of his turns were wasted in his scripted self-buffs.

CM complete, thanks broken RW.

Used:
Braska -- Cid RW
Lulu -- Cid RW
Wakka -- Magic Breakdown, Fullbreak -- no SB
Paine -- Banishing Strike, Power Break -- no SB
Yuna -- Curaja, Protectga -- Shared Faithga SB (halloween hat thing)
RW: Cid Raines BSB

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Alright, I need to know what abilities I need to hone for my team, or soul breaks I need to farm yet.

I'm running:
FLEX #1 - Bartz - Life Siphon/Spellblade or Somethnig Else - BSB/SSB/SB/SB - Dragoon's Determination
Eiko - Protectga/Curaga - BSB - Mog's Teaching
Ramza - Full Break/Life Siphon - BSB/Shout - Mako Might
FLEX #2 - Vaan - Magic Breakdown/Power Breakdown - BSB/SB - Battleforged
PCecil - Shellga/St Cross or Banishing Strike or Life Siphon - BSB/SSB - High Scorer

I normally leave Bartz in and will flex out Vaan for Kain/Minfilia/Refia/Faris depending on what the dungeon is (I have all their BSBs mastered).

5* abilities:
Chain Blizzaga
Chain Firaga
Chain Stonega
Titan
Tornado Strike
Thundering Twinstrike
Blazing Twinstrike
Full Charge
Full Break
Powerchain
Dragoon Jump
Lightning Dive
Fires Within
Dash and Slash
Saint Cross
Gaia's Cross
Morbid Countdown
Sapphire Shot

I've got Fullbreak rank 2, but every other rank 1. I've got 3x Life siphon, 2 at rank 4 one at rank 2.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
This latest summoner nightmare wasn't quite as annoying as I expected. I spent a few attempts trying to time the barrier changes, but wasn't having much luck with that. Instead, I just went YOLO and ignored the barrier colors and hoped for the best. It worked, and one of the waves spawned a yellow pot, so mastery was obtained.

Team I used:

Ashe -- Ixion, Tiamat -- en-Thunder BSB (soulbreaks don't trigger counters, just don't use the commands)
Garnet -- Maduin, Ifrit -- Divine Guardian (Hastega/+Resist SSB)
Alphinaud -- Leviathan, Shiva -- Deployment Tactics (+30% mag/atk Radiant Shield SSB)
Arc -- Alexander, Ramuh -- Word of Kindness (Medica SSB)
Tyro -- Curaja, Shellga -- Wall SB
RW: Alphinaud BSB (Used on Ashe and Arc for refills)

Video: Summoner Nightmare II

I'm not sure if I want to pull the trigger on the summoner banner or not. I was going to if I couldn't beat the NM boss, but he died pretty easily. Considering just saving up for the anniversary coming soon. I already have a soulbreak for over half of the summoners, so the chance of dupe is very high.

Also I really need to commit to one of these 6* skills. I have them all unlocked, but I've still never crafted any at all. Just feels like such a waste to bring a skill that only has 1 or 2 uses unless you have a re-filling BSB or Runic (I have neither).

Ao- Ao- I used to run nearly the same team as you Ao, but sadly, they've been slowly making physical teams obsolete. Mages are where it's at these days, so if you want to chase a relic, go for any of the top tier mage stuff (Cid Raines, Fujinn, Rafa BSB are a few of the best).

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Physical teams will make a comeback with the increase in attack softcap (should be around FFT?), and will be further increased at some point later. Gonna skip summoner banner because I feel my Mage and Healer BSBs are decent enough and i only have 50 mythril for FFT.

Edit: Yeap spamming summons and aim for 1 leviathan hit is the way to go. Used Divine Favor, Ley Lines + RW: Deployment tactics and went ham with summons. Got a bit lucky that his nukes didn't kill me, but 1-shotted with full medals. Would recommend Wall though it would have given me more peace of mind. Time to play around with him + Alpha!

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure if I want to pull the trigger on the summoner banner or not. I was going to if I couldn't beat the NM boss, but he died pretty easily. Considering just saving up for the anniversary coming soon. I already have a soulbreak for over half of the summoners, so the chance of dupe is very high.

Also I really need to commit to one of these 6* skills. I have them all unlocked, but I've still never crafted any at all. Just feels like such a waste to bring a skill that only has 1 or 2 uses unless you have a re-filling BSB or Runic (I have neither).

There are a few you can get to R3 already if you've grabbed most of the crystals. I've got an R3 and an R1 Snowspell Strike, and I think I'll have that second to R2 fairly soon (I've got a lot of good soulbreaks for spellblades)

Mug Bloodlust is pretty useful and R1 lasts most of the fight. R2 should be all fight most fights (same duration as Wall).

-------------------------

Wasn't sure if I was going to pull on the summoner banner, since I'm saving up for FFT. My 100 gem lucky streak continues tho, so I will hold off on an 11 pull for now. :).

Edit -- screw imgur, it's Alphinaud's BSB

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I pulled twice and went 5 / 23. Arc's Medica SSB, Yuna's Bahamut SSB, Rydia's BSB, Tyro's BSB (dupe), Rinoa's BSB (dupe and now an 8 star). Was hoping for a healer BSB but I'm satisfied with Rydia's BSB and Arc's Robe. It's an instant cast group Curaga with physical Blink (my first source for this). This makes him one of my best healers actually. Yuna's SSB won't get used much but she's my favorite FF character of all time and it's my second relic for her so no complaints from me.

The Nightmare took some tweaking but I got it eventually. Alphinaud with his BSB was amazing for the fight. I put Levithan on him and used his BSB. Command 1 is Summon damage and makes the next spell instant. So I used his BSB and fired off command 1. As soon as I got a double yellow barrier I instant cast Levithan.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Almost forgot what ability we get from this Nightmare until after I made that post above... 100 gemming Alphinaud's BSB from the Valigarmanda banner is stupid good luck, I'm sorry guys.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thanks for the tip, didn't think of that with Alphinaud. Will make this effortless.

I tried once before work, ignored the mechanic and died at 1% because I rebuffed a BSB on the boss instead of killing the orb.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
11 pull got me agrias's shield, ovelia's staff (#2), and Orlandu's ODB. Awww yuss. Was hoping for his burst as well, but c'est la vie.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I'm only at 40 Mythril, because XIII took my stockpile. I have enough to hit 50 long before the event ends, but reading all these posts increases the chance for a drunken splurge.

Good luck to all.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Shit luck continues with 1/11 Ovelia's Staff, been getting 1/11 crap for the past 3-4 pulls since FFXIV. Tempted to do a 3-pull, but am hoping they give some mythril for the upcoming lunar new year in 2 days, else will probably report another 0/3 in a bit :(

Last edited:

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Shit luck continues with 1/11 Ovelia's Staff, been getting 1/11 crap for the past 3-4 pulls since FFXIV. Tempted to do a 3-pull, but am hoping they give some mythril for the upcoming lunar new in 2 days, else will probably report another 0/3 in a bit :(

Don't do 3 pulls, they have effectively half the chance of an 11 pull.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Almost felt bad for my continued lucky streak til i dead the last page. 100 gemmed Ovelia's blink medica, and 1/11d TG OSB. Had more savdd up and was really hoping for more from the banner but I'm quitting while I'm ahead. :)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Spent 50 mythril on the Summoner nightmare banner since I felt good about the FFT pull. Tyro OSB, Aerith BSB (dupe), Aerith reraise SSB, and Arc magic blink Shellga.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
So, first pull....

wwBfETP.png