Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Came back after several months and did the half off draw, picked up Agrias's Overstrike. Any core things to run on her or just the usual life siphon?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Came back after several months and did the half off draw, picked up Agrias's Overstrike. Any core things to run on her or just the usual life siphon?

Welcome back and congratulations! She's a Paladin, so pro/shellga and Gaia Cross are good mitigation options. Saint Cross is a solid go-to option but caps at just 20k per action.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Good to hear, seems all I get is paladin/knight gear. Currently running Bartz with BSB/SSB, Aerith BSB, Gilga BSB/SSB, Faris BSB, and Beatrix BSB for most stuff till I get more synergy for full realm groups, not sure who I should swap out for Agrias.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I would say that team is decent as is, since I tend to value BSB's higher than OSB's. I'd only swap in Agrias if you're up against a boss with a natural holy weakness (drop Bartz in that case).

Something you should look for on an upcoming banner is a haste/boost relic since that's something your team is lacking.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
got Gilgamesh' BSB from the Lucky draw. was super stoked, but still kind of lost interest in this game for the moment. but that always happens a month or so after every major event for me. will be back at it next month i'm sure.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Good to hear, seems all I get is paladin/knight gear. Currently running Bartz with BSB/SSB, Aerith BSB, Gilga BSB/SSB, Faris BSB, and Beatrix BSB for most stuff till I get more synergy for full realm groups, not sure who I should swap out for Agrias.

Agrias fits in to your team well. Depending on the fight, she's a straight upgrade over Bartz, Gilgamesh, and Beatrix.

Bartz's BSB is decent going against weakness, Gilgamesh's BSB is fun and tanky and he can use any skill while equipping any weapon, and Beatrix is another holy paladin.

First person I'd drop in most cases would be Bartz. When you are hitting weakness with Bartz, Beatrix is likely your next weakest link.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah figured Agrias will end up being a swap in along with Ramza with plat sword whom I've finally leveled up now, this point its hard to ever swap out Aerith or Faris as they really cover the support roles well.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Yeah figured Agrias will end up being a swap in along with Ramza with plat sword whom I've finally leveled up now, this point its hard to ever swap out Aerith or Faris as they really cover the support roles well.

I love Faris, I wanted that BSB badly but didn't luck out. With Ramza dual supports, you can give Faris Thief's Raid and Mug Bloodlust and do real damage with Burst Mode stats!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
So this week updated the difficulty of events, in that now the CM is U++ and the final boss is Apoc+, which is a refreshing change.

The multiplayer battle took a few tries to get into a party that handled it properly, but I got it mastered eventually. I took Onion (BSB, Affliction Break), and Sazh (wrath + magic blink boostga SSB). Thanks to you guys who suggested I level up Sazh, since him being able to wrath and chain cast magic blinks saved the day on Yunalesca's megadeath spam in p2/p3.

For the cid mission, I used Seymour with Memento and Valigarmanda, and grabbed a roaming warrior Runic to fuel infinite casts of Valigarmanda, which tore through Spherimorph pretty damn quick. The end of the fight was rough, with literally everyone but Seymour dead, but Runic makes you near invulnerable on the fight, so he finished the boss on his own. Paine (haste, water spellblade), Rikku (thiefs revenge, steal power), Wakka (breaks), Yuna (medica) was the rest.

The Aeon gauntlet wasn't nearly as bad as reddit was making it sound, but still it was harder than stuff from the last few months. I took a buff and debuff heavy team, which handled the fight nicely. Agrias with spellblades for the medals, and her ancient, but still great cleansing strike SB for debuffing. Vaan with BSB for more debuffs and most of the teams damage. Ramza for affliction break to cancel the stop and slows, along with his BSB for the def buff, and shout for stacking atk / re-haste. Onion for more stacking boost/haste and utility skills. Yshtola for the healz.

Exact setup of my Apoc+ team:
[xtable=skin4|600x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Unit{/td}
{td}Skill1{/td}
{td}Skill2{/td}
{td}Soulbreak{/td}
{td}Record Materia{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Agrias{/td}
{td}Blizzaga Strike{/td}
{td}Waterga Strike{/td}
{td}Cleansing Strike{/td}
{td}Ace Striker{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Vaan{/td}
{td}Lifesiphon{/td}
{td}Power Breakdown{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}Mako Might{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ramza{/td}
{td}Lifesiphon{/td}
{td}Affliction Break{/td}
{td}BSB, Shout{/td}
{td}Battleforged{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Onion Kn.{/td}
{td}Fullbreak{/td}
{td}Shellga{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}Dr. Mog Teach{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Yshtola{/td}
{td}Curaja{/td}
{td}Protectga{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}Lionheart{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Videos:
Spherimorph Cid Mission
Aeon Gauntlet Apoc+

Feels good to have challenging fights again. Hope they keep it up in future events.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Last 4 pulls have all been 1/11, with the 1 being some unique or super. Getting extremely frustrating. Was really pumped for X banners because I desperately need water or ice damage. Got jack shit on 2 pulls. MEH.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Loved this event, paid for a pull as soon as I saw that Seymour Omnis was in. The ending to FFX has to be one of my favourite gaming moments and this event had a lot of the best bits.

Got Tidus Chain SB, Auron/Lulu BSB and Rikku SSB on two pulls.

Multi element SBs sorted the CM and I had to burst Ixion down with Tidus/Lulu with much difficulty in the Apocalypse battle.

Multiplayer I got a good group spamming reraise while I spammed magic blink off Firion.

Very happy.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I pulled on Banner 2 because I need water relics but went 1/11 scoring Jecht's OSB to complete my dark team and nearly finish my fire team. Why are we still getting Blitzballs???

My only water relic remains Tidus' OSB - double Water+ gears on a protagonist is good but not enough for future proofing, but I don't have the mythril for another 11-pull so back to saving for Ex-Fest/Cloud Wind banner.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Beat the FF7 Torment CM.

Aeris is the key. You need to build 2 SB bars on the trash which is easily doable, then gear her for mind. Use her default SB to silence the flames and cheese 66% of the damage dealt in the fight, it should just about last until possession. The other SB bar can be used for a AoE heal and you can build up a third bar during the fight for a repeat silence if the flames reemerge. Someone like Cid can apply silence if one misses.

Equiping KO resist accessories cheeses another 50% of the damage.

Then you just need some SSBs to spam in weak phase. RW Shout you can leave Wall at home.

Do not take Cait Sith, break dances are a trap. Aeris takes care of the flame damage. Red XIII is your support with Full Break and Magic Breakdown.

Rebuff Shell after debarrier at 33% and 66% It only dispels Shell. Don't bring Protect.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I've been trying the FF7 CM torment a few times since your post Chris, but still haven't beaten it. The problem is that my only meaningful relic for FF7 is Aeris's BSB, so while I have healing covered, I just don't have the dps to handle the fight. My best attempt so far has been with Vincent using an Alphinaud BSB RW for the wind damage and memento mori, but I could only get the boss to around 15% health remaining before both RW charges ran out, and Vincent died to the doom counter.

Going to give a few more tries with some various tweaks, but I'm about ready to throw in the towel until I get some actual relics in FF7 someday.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I had:
lv99 Aeris BSB
lv99 Cloud BSB1 (random physical hits)
lv80 Cid SSB1 (10 wind hits, no jump delay)
lv80 Red XIII SSB1 (random physical hits & shell)
lv80 Sephiroth SSB1 (four physical hits)

I popped them all in weak phase and got it down as the flames reemerged, with slower DPS I guess that weak phase meteors would be a huge problem.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Ok, after countless reloads and attempts, and a bunch of team tweaks, I got the FF7 torment CM. Much love to Chris Chris for the inspiration to keep trying! Team I used:

[xtable=skin4|600x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Unit{/td}
{td}Skill1{/td}
{td}Skill2{/td}
{td}Soulbreak{/td}
{td}Record Materia{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Cloud{/td}
{td}Lifesiphon{/td}
{td}Aeroga Strike{/td}
{td}BSB1{/td}
{td}+30% damage{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Vincent{/td}
{td}Ruinga{/td}
{td}Memento Mori{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{td}+30% weakness damage{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Red VIII{/td}
{td}Mental Breakdown{/td}
{td}Fullbreak{/td}
{td}+30% atk/def/mnd{/td}
{td}Knight's Charge{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Barret{/td}
{td}Magic Breakdown{/td}
{td}Entrust{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{td}Ace Striker{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Aeris{/td}
{td}Curaja{/td}
{td}Shellga{/td}
{td}BSB, Default{/td}
{td}Battleforged{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
RW: Aphinaud BSB
Video: Gi Nattak CM

For trash I had Cloud lifesiphon into his original shitty BSB and use the aoe commands, with Vincent helping with Ruinga, while the rest build soulgage. For the boss, Cloud used his BSB1 really just for the self-haste, but for dps he used aeroga strike (always 9999 damage, but single hit). Vincent memento'ed for boost then called Alph RW and chaincasted the cmd1 instant 4hit wind nuke (about 5300x4 per turn). Red and Barret handled breaks, and Barret also entrusted his soulgage to Aeris mid-fight so she could use more of her medica bsb (this was extremely vital to my victory). Aeris did the default silence SB to start, then bsb healed the rest of the fight. Juggling the re-casting of shell after dispel was incredibly tricky with a single healer and no one else with wht4 to carry shell instead, but after practicing the timings, I got it worked out and won.

End of the fight was a nailbiter, with Aeris and Red dead, Cloud out of windblade charges, and Vincent 1 hit away from death. Man what a satisfying victory that was though, hell yeah.

Now the only unbeaten content I have left in the game (that's still available) is the torment CM's for X, V, and II. I have almost zero relics for 2 and 5, so those are a long ways from completion, but I think I have a chance at the X CM, possibly. We'll see next time it returns.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
A bit late but I would have recommend Yuffie running raging storm if you had it. It was hitting for 9kx2 @ capped ninja magic, which is an absurdly low number (390?). Torment CMs are probably the most interesting fights at the moment since it highly depends on what relics you draw, can't wait for the next ones to be released. FF7 was a pretty proud achievement since I have mostly old but good SB relics (Red XIII hastega, Yuffie insta-cure) and I guess Aerith's BSB, which I didn't actually use since I needed her SB for silence. Using cloud's default sb for extra damage was.... a new experience

X CM is probably the toughest, I'd actually recommend running wall / haste strat (depending on your SBs) or deployment tactics for that last push. His AE damage is absurd.

Anyway, did the 2 lucky draw pulls. Got Cloud's 1st BSB, dupe Aerith's Reraise SSB and Lann's OSB... didn't even knew this guy had one lol. Not the most amazing but stat sticks are always welcome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user