Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Is this the game with the 1 hill graphic they copy paste 17 times next to each other and you can't walk over knee walls and the NPCs all look like complete idiots?

Yes.

20170215145519_1.jpg

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got my last battle job to 50 over the weekend. Now to grind them up to 60. I am enjoying just fucking around in PotD playing different classes. It's so ultra casual but I always found FF14 combat to be fun.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Diadem 2.0 was just released. Faceroll Fates for randomly generated loot. It drops i265 armor/jewelry and i280 weapons.

For contrast, the current hardest raids drop i270 armor/jewelry and i275 weapons.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I saw ppl complaining on reddit. It's end of the expansion time though, it's probably not that far until they increase the highest tome cap to 2000 per week and everyone could have geared decently anyway. It's all gonna mean jackshit in a few months. They'll probably want to make sure it doesn't drop raid level competitive gear in 4.0 if they don't want a lot more complaining.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I mean, I get the salt about it - it's kind of shitty for them to make a BiS weapon like that not but what, 2 weeks after we finally complete the relic?

That being said, the amount of RNG required to get said weapon is ridiculous, so i'm not too bummed out over it.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I mean, I get the salt about it - it's kind of shitty for them to make a BiS weapon like that not but what, 2 weeks after we finally complete the relic?

That being said, the amount of RNG required to get said weapon is ridiculous, so i'm not too bummed out over it.

Remember, this is the 2nd time they've done this. (When Diadem came out, the gear it dropped was better than Gordias Savage which was endgame content at the time.) And you can bet they'll do it again next expansion.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The original Diadem gear was i210, which was the same as Gordias Savage. They toned it back with this one cause the armor is only i265 and Alex Savage is i270.

And I don't think original Diadem even had weapons, did it?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The original Diadem gear was i210, which was the same as Gordias Savage. They toned it back with this one cause the armor is only i265 and Alex Savage is i270.

And I don't think original Diadem even had weapons, did it?

The original Diadem did not have weapons. The original Diadem gear was the same iLevel as Gordias Savage, but the cap on the secondary stats was much higher, making Diadem pieces BiS.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Oh hey, BiS pieces through random chance? Time to resub, maybe!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One person in 72 gets that weapon? You complained you had nothing to do for 3 months. Here's what you can do.

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
One person in 72 gets that weapon? You complained you had nothing to do for 3 months. Here's what you can do.

No, every person in the zone has a chance at a weapon. The boss drops a box for everyone that can contain a weapon when opened.

Stave

Potato del Grande
It's 1 in 72 chance to get the weapon, and then 1 in 13 chance to be for your main class. That puts it at a 0.1% chance of obtaining one you need. Plus you have to have a group of randoms that can actually beat the event which from my experience is like only half of them if that.

In 1000 runs you would only have a 65% chance of getting the right one. Then the stats are random as well, so you might end up with a shitty roll. It would take over 1000 hours to do 1000 runs, so if you play 10 hours a day, for the next 100 days, doing nothing but Diadem, you have a 65% chance to get one. Yeah sounds pretty easy to me. They are just throwing loot at the noobs now /s.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well I mean the fact it's super RNG doesn't really make it better, if anything it's just worse. Sure it doesn't affect balance much because it's so rare but then, why? Why not just give tokens, and you can buy a guaranteed weapon after 20tokens, or if you find one before. And then you nerf the weapon, don't make it terrible, but make it like, tome level? Upgraded tome level on catchup patches?

The fact that a few guys somewhere will find a weapon that beats the best current savage raid weapon just by sheer luck is pretty dumb, even if it's only like 1 or 2 people in the entire population. And it's the kind of thing where raiders will feel like they have to do it, while also knowing they probably won't get it. Sounds like terrible design.

I guess at least the timing means they can take all that feedback and make it less shit for 4.0, possibly.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Raiders have already beaten all of the content there will be before the next level increase. There are two groups of raiders in my FC. At first they were like "We gotta get this" and then they were like "I don't really wanna spend hundreds of hours on such a minor upgrade". This honestly has no bearing on raiders or anyone else. It's a carrot because there will be basically no new content for 3 months.

• 1Like