Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I live in Connecticut. If I try to pop two OCD abilities between each GC I lose about a half a second. I could give two shits but some people are really upset and it's amazing. I guess if you were going for world firsts? Like who cares about world firsts in FF?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With NiN you can hit the two mudra combo between GCD's. Or I used to be able to. I can't remember if they have many other abilities off cooldown.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Nah, even with my tiny ping now, trying to do Raiton in between GCDs still clips them. I only have 613 Skill Speed, too.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wouldn't more skillspeed clip more, cause the gains on the low cd mudras would be lower than the gains on long basic GCDs especially with lag being applied twice?

Anyway the double GCD stuff might be semi fixed with some of the changes they do to combat, need to see what's up. Ping is really a large issues on bard/mch opener as far as I remember, cause they have like 12 oGCD to cram right at the start of the fight. You lose a bit of performance here and there with ping but as someone from EU who played on US servers it wasn't too much of a problem.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Wouldn't more skillspeed clip more, cause the gains on the low cd mudras would be lower than the gains on long basic GCDs especially with lag being applied twice?

Is 613 high Skill Speed? I was making a point that my skill speed is pretty low.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It drops .1 seconds off your GCD. Shrug.

Anyone have the full soundtracks? I don't want to drop a hundred bucks on them but I like the music.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is 613 high Skill Speed? I was making a point that my skill speed is pretty low.
Yeah I mean you said you'd need more but more probably wouldn't help doing 2mudras ninjutsus without clipping cause it'd reduced the GCD of normal skills also making it worse.

It drops .1 seconds off your GCD. Shrug.

Anyone have the full soundtracks? I don't want to drop a hundred bucks on them but I like the music.
Torrents and stuff, if you search for FFXIV you should find them they're not super rare. I don't know if there's a perfect full soundtrack instead of just the albums they released which iirc are missing some of the tracks, maybe someone compiled all of them extracted from the game directly. Don't know where though. And yeah music is stupidly good in this game, one of the big things I'm looking forward to, the new expansion is sure to have some really good stuff.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I mean you said you'd need more but more probably wouldn't help doing 2mudras ninjutsus without clipping cause it'd reduced the GCD of normal skills also making it worse.

Didn't say I needed more, I was saying that I wasn't able to double weave even though my skill speed was low.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Didn't say I needed more, I was saying that I wasn't able to double weave even though my skill speed was low.
Oh I see, misinterpreted.

Stupid reddit timer for the stream rounds stuff down or whatever, thought stream was now but it's in an hour :(

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
[Megathread] Letter from the Producer LIVE XXXVI • r/ffxiv

Starting now.

edit:
Level 70 still has 5 role abilities to select out of 10.
Healer damage will use Mind instead to calculate damage now.
New Job Gauges for each set of unique actions / stance
Wolf Dogo! mounts for new primals.
Yoshi has a gear set for swim wear.
Automatic replacement of upgraded spells (Ex. Stone -> Stone II -> Stone III -> Stone IV)

Caster Role abilities
Apocatastasis has become a role action.
Mana Shift -> Give 20% mana to a party member
Raging Strikes has been deleted!
Quelling Strikes rolled into Diversion.
Manawall has been deleted!

Melee DPS
Goad has become a role action.
Remove directional limitations for 15 seconds CD ability.

Healer
Cleric stance is changed to a damage boost CD.
Rescue enables a healer to pull another character to their location.

Black Mage
Enochian requires an Umbral form active to use, as long as you continue to swap stances it will refresh.
Blizzard IV adds "3 Umbral hearts"
Foul becomes active if Enochian is kept up for 30 seconds.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Changing healer damage to be mind based is really nice for QoL, cleric stance swapping wasn't hard but it was annoying especially if you have to switch in and out constantly.

Malkav

French Madman
I'm liking the new UI elements for class mechanics instead of having to look at buff icons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Increased ground mount speed looks pretty crazy. Moving around ARR will be a lot better.