Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Malkav

French Madman
I need to know if the PVP combo system will come to PVE. They were very vague.

Changing my 8 buttons DRG rotation to two buttons would be heaven.

And I think Bards just went sploosh when they announced cast times are out (less so for Machinists but for them too).

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Is there some secret market with Parry materia i'm not getting? Since the announcement that Parry is being removed, on my server at least, all the Parry materia is being scooped up and reflipped at 1 million per Rank V.

Why? Am I missing something here? It's gonna be a worthless stat in a few weeks. Or are these people buying into the hope that Parry materia is gonna transform into the new Tenacity stat materia at launch? That's a pretty big gamble.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there some secret market with Parry materia i'm not getting? Since the announcement that Parry is being removed, on my server at least, all the Parry materia is being scooped up and reflipped at 1 million per Rank V.

Why? Am I missing something here? It's gonna be a worthless stat in a few weeks. Or are these people buying into the hope that Parry materia is gonna transform into the new Tenacity stat materia at launch? That's a pretty big gamble.
They are gambling that other people will gamble.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm

They specifically mentioned (actually showed) that Heaven's Eye Materia was being converted to "Direct Hit".

I think people derived that Parry materia was becoming Tenacity materia.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well I made it to 60, and finished Heavensward main storyline. Now I started on the story that came after the expansion. It looks like I'll have to gear up since there are dungeons involved with gearscore requirement that I don't meet. Not sure I how fast I can gear up and if I'll be ready in time for the expansion playing casually.

I really enjoyed the story through heavensward though, and the beginning of this looks to be fun too.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Im getting close to the end of the Heavensward main story line. Have they said anything about doing anything about that gear requirement for post Heavensward dungeon ilvl requirements?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The content in SB is probably based upon the minimum ilvl requirements for the final HS storyline stuff. I would imagine that they might make drops easier to come by via reducing Lore costs or something similar, but they probably aren't going to drop the ilvl requirements. Once you hit 60, if you play regularly and do your dailies and farm up Aethero for a minute, it should be fairly easy to get caught up enough to complete the final quests. That and white crafted armor made from 2-3 SB easy to farm mats will probably be easy to make, and you'll see HQ stuff for cheap within days of SB release, making the final quests easier to queue for if you are still working towards them. Still effectively a month out, so plenty of time to play and get geared up enough for the story in the meantime, esp. if you are already on the HS main story 60 stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
The content in SB is probably based upon the minimum ilvl requirements for the final HS storyline stuff. I would imagine that they might make drops easier to come by via reducing Lore costs or something similar, but they probably aren't going to drop the ilvl requirements. Once you hit 60, if you play regularly and do your dailies and farm up Aethero for a minute, it should be fairly easy to get caught up enough to complete the final quests. That and white crafted armor made from 2-3 SB easy to farm mats will probably be easy to make, and you'll see HQ stuff for cheap within days of SB release, making the final quests easier to queue for if you are still working towards them. Still effectively a month out, so plenty of time to play and get geared up enough for the story in the meantime, esp. if you are already on the HS main story 60 stuff.

All the current lore/scriptures gear will switch to poetics with 4.0, so it should be easier to buy it.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Alright so I started up again on Leviathan. Is there any secret trick or gimmick to knowing when a new plot of land is going to open up for housing? Finding an open slot without getting gouged seems rather tough.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Alright so I started up again on Leviathan. Is there any secret trick or gimmick to knowing when a new plot of land is going to open up for housing? Finding an open slot without getting gouged seems rather tough.
Not really, they will open more housing with the expansion though(new area and I think more wards for existing? not sure) so you might find one then. Can also just rent an appartment in your FC house instead or whatever, I think they made them less shit at some point. Still can't get a garden but at least for now gardens are fucking useless anyway, and obviously you can't customize the outside of the house and stuff.

For the ilvl and story quest, iirc in vanilla they give a set of higher ilvl gear when you do some story quest now? I think I remember them adding that when Heavensward released, so you didn't need to farm actual tomes to get gear to do the story stuff, I might be remembering wrong but don't think so.

There's also the possibility of buying white crafted gear once you reach the previous cap, made from the new area materials(so you'd need to buy them off the AH/ask a guildmate). For example a quicklook at the database website, while the vanilla crafted white cheap sets for 50 was i49, the first sets you can craft with heavensward mats are i115 and useable at lvl 50. This lets you get a full i115 set for a few thousands gils(maybe more, but if you buy the mats and give them to a crafter in your FC they'll be ok doing it for free especially if you don't care if it HQs or not). I assume it'll follow a similar pattern with Stormblood where you'll be able to buy a bunch of mats from gatherers leveling up and flooding the market with their low cost mats(especially the first tier) and then get them crafted by someone for free and get full i245 or whatever white gear.

Last edited:

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It took me 10 hours to go from newly 60 to finishing the story for Heavensward minus the last one released (as I did it just before that got released). Ignore all the shit that says to do hunts, those people are retards. I just opened up every dungeon and did it. The extra tomes you get as a first timer bonus should help you get your gear upgraded pretty quickly. I did not have to really grind anything until I got to Void Ark (the 24 man raid) which I needed to run 3 times in order to advance. This is assuming you have a red weapon from Palace of the Dead (which is super easy to get).

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every class is getting a special HUD display that will allow them to know what's going on with their rotation without having to look at the tiny buff and debuff windows. So like on the monk one for example you saw the Chakra's (which now increase on skills instead of using the chakra ability) as well as the stacks of Greased Lightning. Machinist has 3 bullets that they build up and spend on big attacks as well as a heat mechanic that means certain abilities do more or less damage and it has to be managed. All classes are changing somewhat.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Ahh nice, those a solid changes!

I was maining a ninja back in the day and their little HUD thing wasn't clear at all to me other than their active buff they keep up lol

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So they have what looks like a countdown timer for Huton as well as some other scaling up buff.