Fire Emblem Heroes

Elminage

N00b
pulled a 5* Takumi last night. So I have a 5* Fae and 5* Camilla, very green heavy. Most teams in Arena seem to have red units so my team sux.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Quick question here, would this game be a good pick in this situation: I'm looking for a new game to play in small bursts that is pretty much pve-only without time limits. Basically I want to be able to put away the phone or lose connection at any point while playing without setbacks. Previously I went with a P&D clone for that but it's getting a bit long in the tooth.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think so. PvP is AI controlled so basically PvE with player made teams and the stamina gauge is a bit restrictive in how much you can play at once.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm already losing interest and I haven't even finished the story on normal yet. I obviously wasn't expecting a full on Fire Emblem experience out of a mobile gacha game, but this is incredibly shallow.

Vinen

God is dead
I'm already losing interest and I haven't even finished the story on normal yet. I obviously wasn't expecting a full on Fire Emblem experience out of a mobile gacha game, but this is incredibly shallow.

I agree.

Story is shit and its odd to say it but 5* are too common.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I agree.

Story is shit and its odd to say it but 5* are too common.
Unless you are unlucky like me, lol.

But yea the game is shallow, so little to do and the maps are small and not very tactical.....also nothing to really strive/grind for.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I won't go completely so far as saying shallow as their are plenty of layers of strategy and compared to most I've played its not like mobile games are every truly insanely indepth. I think the main measuring point for me is the "hard" content which we haven't really seen much of. Lunatic story wasn't exactly easy on chap 8 & 9 particularly if you didn't have some very good comps to deal with heavy knights. It definitely reminds me of some chess games because the individual outcomes are pretty predetermined and easy to understand but setting stuff up collectively is a different game.

Arena may be AI scripted but still is providing plenty of challenge for people or I wouldn't still be in the top 200 world wide with having 1 death. Game isn't anything to brag about but I've enjoyed looking at different team comps as there are a lot of different options and still pretty early as far as what truly is top "tier" outside a few clear stand outs. I rather play this then go to a game that others have been playing for 6 months and play catch up (I actually download Mobius FF and was really impressed with the detailed development and battles etc between a few videos and playing a few rounds. Then I realized you only played 1 guy and I deleted it on the spot, I like team comp games. I did see they had group missions they just implemented that kind of sounded cool. Then I logged into FEH's rather plain game and thought holy fuck they could put abit more into the release version to give us something to grind on or more complex evolve's etc. It is pretty bare bones at this point but I stuck like $300 in I think so its worth giving it a go for me as I don't play much else then Smite which is free. Fired up Dragon Age 3 last week for shits and I do have to say that game despite a few issues was a pretty damn good game front he story to presentation to character development.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This game is OK. Mechanics are decent but content is shallow and story is bad for a FE game. My biggest gripes are just team size and map size turn it from a tactics game to chess sometimes. Not feeling compelled to even shove a few bucks their way isn't a good sign though.

Anyone know anything similar that's off-brand but maybe a bit more developed? I like the tactics/grid style.

Vinen

God is dead
This game is OK. Mechanics are decent but content is shallow and story is bad for a FE game. My biggest gripes are just team size and map size turn it from a tactics game to chess sometimes. Not feeling compelled to even shove a few bucks their way isn't a good sign though.

Anyone know anything similar that's off-brand but maybe a bit more developed? I like the tactics/grid style.

Gotta agree. I've spent quite a few bucks on FFBE but I feel zero urge to spen dhere. This game is pretty boring.
Got a second copy of my Waifu Tiki last night. Yay for duplicate 5*.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

i've been wondering this for awhile too. there's quite a few isometric Tactics knockoffs on the Google Play store but i haven't gone through with trying any of them.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Ran 7 arenas with the stuff they put out yesterday, went 7-0 without a death with the same team mentioned above. I just can't say how under-rated Effie is. I haven't seen her once mentioned on any website of any high tier or seen used by any of the advanced teams but she is my fucking mvp 75% of the games, Tiki one shotting Hector is still the most critical piece of my success but other then that 1 shot, Effie just does work and stops Taku/Rymo in their tracks. Green magic or lesser effective green melee units are the only thing that touches her and outside of Able you just won't find any right now on any consistent level. If the meta makes major shifts she might not be as stellar but with so many fire and physical units out there she just is a beast and she does more damage then 95% of them while taking 20% the damage they do. Best thing I ever did was making her a 5 star.

I guess there is some grand hero event tonight? I agree with the lack luster options etc but lets keep in mind its extremely new and they just might have gated content planned for quiet some time. I'm hoping for ass raping challenges with actual good rewards or I'll be right there with you saying /bye bye. For now i'm giving it at least 2-3 months though since I invested some cash in it and I don't want to go to some other game that has been around for a while. Plus over the years I always quit shit then greatly regret it, (FFRK for instance, spent probably $500 on that pretty early....thought it was pretty limited and cheaply forced you to have to have so many different good people/abilities by the stupid bonus for being the same game....well its turned into one hell of a game from what I've followed and that "should" have been what I've stuck with and played for years. Fuck~

Was hoping this would be my new chance to start and build strong but if it fails then fuck mobile games again until BF2 comes maybe. I just know I want something with significant longevity and actually accumulation of your time to supplement playing Smite since there is no accumulative effect from playing that other then retarded skins. I will give all the credit to the world to these companies making these games, it is such a great idea that plays off multiple compoents of people whether its their addictive/gambling nature, desire to have a singe long term game to play for years (that isn't as demanding as MMO), or people who like a lot of the throw back strategy type games because todays console/PC gaming scene is just fucking shit for those types of games. I'm 35 and been very selectively playing games since I was 6 (FF1 completion 4 white mages right when it was out as a tiny kid, I should have had my picture in Nintendo Power mother fuckers, kudos to anyone who can remember that contest in there about the 4 WHM's) and I honestly hate most of todays games with a passion. Fucking Disgaea 5 was the only good game I've played in the last two years and dragon age 3 (or whenever)

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
If you guys want more content and depth, I recommend trying out Phantom of the Kill. It's a pretty great SRPG and feels closer to fire emblem than this mobile version.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ran 7 arenas with the stuff they put out yesterday, went 7-0 without a death with the same team mentioned above. I just can't say how under-rated Effie is. I haven't seen her once mentioned on any website of any high tier or seen used by any of the advanced teams but she is my fucking mvp 75% of the games, Tiki one shotting Hector is still the most critical piece of my success but other then that 1 shot, Effie just does work and stops Taku/Rymo in their tracks. Green magic or lesser effective green melee units are the only thing that touches her and outside of Able you just won't find any right now on any consistent level. If the meta makes major shifts she might not be as stellar but with so many fire and physical units out there she just is a beast and she does more damage then 95% of them while taking 20% the damage they do. Best thing I ever did was making her a 5 star.

I guess there is some grand hero event tonight? I agree with the lack luster options etc but lets keep in mind its extremely new and they just might have gated content planned for quiet some time. I'm hoping for ass raping challenges with actual good rewards or I'll be right there with you saying /bye bye. For now i'm giving it at least 2-3 months though since I invested some cash in it and I don't want to go to some other game that has been around for a while. Plus over the years I always quit shit then greatly regret it, (FFRK for instance, spent probably $500 on that pretty early....thought it was pretty limited and cheaply forced you to have to have so many different good people/abilities by the stupid bonus for being the same game....well its turned into one hell of a game from what I've followed and that "should" have been what I've stuck with and played for years. Fuck~

Was hoping this would be my new chance to start and build strong but if it fails then fuck mobile games again until BF2 comes maybe. I just know I want something with significant longevity and actually accumulation of your time to supplement playing Smite since there is no accumulative effect from playing that other then retarded skins. I will give all the credit to the world to these companies making these games, it is such a great idea that plays off multiple compoents of people whether its their addictive/gambling nature, desire to have a singe long term game to play for years (that isn't as demanding as MMO), or people who like a lot of the throw back strategy type games because todays console/PC gaming scene is just fucking shit for those types of games. I'm 35 and been very selectively playing games since I was 6 (FF1 completion 4 white mages right when it was out as a tiny kid, I should have had my picture in Nintendo Power mother fuckers, kudos to anyone who can remember that contest in there about the 4 WHM's) and I honestly hate most of todays games with a passion. Fucking Disgaea 5 was the only good game I've played in the last two years and dragon age 3 (or whenever)

I thankfully never stopped FFRK, its great.

I did stop FFBE which also seems to have gotten better, so some regret there though I still loathe the vast number of shitty original characters outside the main three.

This game has good foundations, I'm sticking with it. I'm having loads of fun.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I'm enjoying it - leveling characters is a chore since if they die they get no exp, and i've yet to roll a decent healer, or decent Red unit in general. Taku/Camilla/Hawkeye/Tiki is my current group but I'd like to swap out Cam and Hawk for a strong bodied tank and utility.

Maybe when the next banner hits I'll pull again.

Molten Core Raider
Im still not even using a healer yet....maybe I should I dunno. I havent had any real issues grinding in the training tower without one but Im just breaking into Lunatic difficulty there so that might change. Im running Lyn, Robin, Taku, and Hinoka. I actually have a dupe 5 star Taku Im tempted to throw in in place of Hinoka.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
This game has a lot of problems, but I'm still plunking away for now.

Pros:
1. It's Fire Emblem.
2. I enjoy the combat. I actually like the small quick boards, the rock/paper/scissors style. Not sure how well it'll hold up over a long period of time.
3. Their gatcha seems relatively generous.
4. Umm... I have hope!

Cons:
1. It's brutally hard to level a new unit. You only get exp shards once a day from tower. Other than that, they have to land killing blows, and they have to live, both of which are hard for a fresh unit. Oh and your unit may or not suck because of random stats.
2. There's nothing to grind. You can't grind shards because they are once a day only. You can't grind feathers. This really gives little sense of progress.
3. Progress is tied almost exclusively to PVP. I don't recall any game doing this, and it seems like a TERRIBLE idea. Arena seems to be the only decent source of feathers. The 5 at a time they give you from other places when you need 20k is a slap in the face. You can only PVP a few times a day, and rewards are only given out once a week. Again, no sense of progress.
4. Quests are monthly instead of daily or weekly. Daily quests give people something to do, well, daily. It also doesn't seem like they can use the same format month after month. The February quests were basically "progress through the game." They can't really do the same for March without making everyone go back and do normal mode again. They also can't make them all lunatic for new player's sake. I'll be curious to see what the March quests look like.
5. The events so far are pretty bad.
6. Friends are absolutely pointless.
7. Once story is over, it seems like orbs will dry up fast.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Liking the game so far. Just cleared all quests on Hard and working on lunatic. Have sorta meh units right now, but using 5* Roy, 5* Marth, 5*Robin and 4* Bigtits (Camilla).

Elminage

N00b
Using 5* Takumi, 5* Camilla, 5* Fae, 5* Tiki. Having two greens is suboptimal when reds are so common in the current meta, but I'm saving my orbs for the next pull event. Sitting on 19 :feelsgood

Last edited: