First World Problems

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I have to go to my safe workplace with benefits just moments after discovering the news.  I may have PTSD and Lupus.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The forum I've been reading for the last 11 years or so wasn't destroyed by a tranny this time.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
hodj said:
The forum I've been reading for the last 11 years or so wasn't destroyed by a tranny this time.

But can we ever really be sure?

AVCPL

N00b
My wife came home from grocery shopping last night, so much fucking food to carry in and put away

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My roomba got stuck under the couch and I had to free him.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can't decide whether to buy more $100+ pieces of cardboard, or sell the ones I've got to buy other expensive things.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have to go to my safe workplace with benefits just moments after discovering the news. I may have PTSD and Lupus.

So many people are getting autoimmune diseases that it's kind of unreal. Nobody really knows why, but even since the 50's rates have jumped up over 10-50 fold. It was almost unheard of prior to industrialization. Either people got them at the same rates as today, and the people who got sick just didn't survive, or more likely there's something we're exposing ourselves to that's making us sick (likely this).

There are a couple dozen substances banned throughout Europe that are slathered on American foods. Most are petroleum by-products.

Our health care system isn't going to be able to keep up unless breakthroughs are made. Yeah, we can fix broken legs and so forth but when people actually get sick, as in sick, well then(cancer/autoimmunity) they're kind of fucked.

Living Sick and Dying Young in Rich America

The FDA won't touch the supplement community, which contributes a very large amount to false advertising. And it's true, I don't know many people 25+ who aren't "sick". Mayo Clinic took out vials of blood they had stored since 1950 and ran the same markers, and people were MUCH healthier just a few decades ago, so you can't say that patients are getting diagnosed more efficiently.

Something in our environment whether it be food, cosmetics, or whatever is causing a huge health epidemic in America. I think food is the most likely culprit. You would not believe the shit you eat, and its introduction kind of lines up perfectly with the rise of disease. Just a few decades ago you wouldn't have eaten the same preservatives that are in almost all of our foods. I haven't read anything to indicate that Europe is experiencing a health crisis, and Europe is a LOT more stringent with their food guidelines than we are.

Foods Ingredients Banned Outside the US

"Today, most artificial colors are made from coal tar."

Yellow #5 is banned in Norway and Austria due to compounds benzidine and 4-aminobiphenyl, the Caltons say.

"Six of the eleven studies on yellow #5 showed that it caused genotoxicity, a deterioration of the cell's genetic material with potential to mutate healthy DNA," the book, "Rich Foods, Poor Foods," states.

Yeah, totally safe to add shit like that to our food supply before we really know whether it can cause long term damage. It's all about $.

Last edited:

Woolygimp

How I wish that could b
e the headline for this article, but microwave meals and processed convenience foods are still killing us softly, as I’ve reported before. This time, the study points to a considerable increase in auto-immune diseases like multiple sclerosis, alopecia, asthma, and eczema.

Junk food from fast-food chains or junk food that is drowning in preservatives from your grocery store, this particular study from Yale University in the U.S and the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany, as well as another from Harvard, reports that junk food diets are to blame for an increase in these diseases.

“These are not diseases of bad genes alone or diseases caused by the environment, but diseases of a bad interaction between genes and the environment.”

Rise in MS and Autoimmune Disease Linked to Processed Foods - Multiple Sclerosis News Today

Here's How America Became Hooked On Processed Foods

“Essentially, the processing of food isn’t just to make it safe or shelf stable. Processing of food is to maximize profit by maximizing the eating we do before we feel full,” Dr. David Katz, director of the Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center, says in the video.

There are quite a few studies showing a likely link. I don't think anyone can say with a straight face that they don't think there's a real potential for harm, or that these foods don't pose some risk.

Our generation has been poisoned by companies trying to create more profit. I honestly feel so much better and healthier eating a very simple list of foods. I don't touch that bullshit anymore, and probably wouldn't let my kids. Morgan Spurlock was on to something with Super Size Me.

Pink slime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.fightchronicdisease.org/...sisofChronicDiseaseintheUSfactsheet_81009.pdf
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/01/h...te-rises-for-first-time-in-a-decade.html?_r=0
Autoimmune Statistics - AARDA

Last edited:

Woolygimp

Shit like this has to make you love this country:
Report: Americans dying earlier, getting sicker than those in other high-income nations
(official government report)

You can debate whether food is causing the increase rate of chronic disease. What you cannot debate is that there is a HUGE increase in chronic disease, within the United States, whether it be AD, Parkinsons, or cancer, that is NOT found in other developed countries.

My favorite is the makers of Rice Krispies putting tons of preservatives on the inside lining of the plastic packaging for their cereals so they don't have to reveal it in the ingredients. Seriously. It's 2016 and shit like that is perfectly legal? Yep.
General Mills Starts Pulling Preservatives After Assault From Food Babe Army
  • BHT is not proven safe! It’s linked to cancer (1) in some animal studies and is an endocrine disruptor that interferes with hormones (2).
  • The approval of BHT as a food additive has been called one of the worst failures of our regulatory system by the respected Environmental Working Group and is included in their list of dirty dozen food additives (3).
  • The Center For Science In The Public Interest (CSPI) classifies BHT as a “Caution” ingredient (4) that is unnecessary, is easily replaced by safe substitutes, and to avoid it when possible.
  • There’s conflicting data about whether BHT promotes the growth of tumors, and its research is controversial (5) – too controversial to allow it in our food! The European Food Safety Authority (6) notes that short-term and subchronic toxicity study findings are inconsistent. BHT simply hasn’t been proven safe and researchers agree that more studies need to be conducted.

People don't have idea that chemicals like BHT are banned throughout Europe, yet we continue to eat them every day in North America.

We are doing something wrong. Sorry for the amount of links, this kind of thing kind of hits close to home with me.

Last edited:

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
My first world problem is I wanted to troll Wooly on this food thing. But I agree. Fuck me I think within a page we could have gotten him on global warming.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone that links anything from FoodBabe, unless it is her sex tape (which I'd watch), is immediately suspect.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
When I first got my Galaxy S6, before I put a case on it. The new glass back was too smooth and slid around on my high thread count sheets in bed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Rise in MS and Autoimmune Disease Linked to Processed Foods - Multiple Sclerosis News Today

Here's How America Became Hooked On Processed Foods

There are quite a few studies showing a likely link. I don't think anyone can say with a straight face that they don't think there's a real potential for harm, or that these foods don't pose some risk.

Our generation has been poisoned by companies trying to create more profit. I honestly feel so much better and healthier eating a very simple list of foods. I don't touch that bullshit anymore, and probably wouldn't let my kids. Morgan Spurlock was on to something with Super Size Me.

Pink slime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.fightchronicdisease.org/...sisofChronicDiseaseintheUSfactsheet_81009.pdf
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/01/h...te-rises-for-first-time-in-a-decade.html?_r=0
Autoimmune Statistics - AARDA

Shit like this has to make you love this country:
Report: Americans dying earlier, getting sicker than those in other high-income nations
(official government report)

You can debate whether food is causing the increase rate of chronic disease. What you cannot debate is that there is a HUGE increase in chronic disease, within the United States, whether it be AD, Parkinsons, or cancer, that is NOT found in other developed countries.

My favorite is the makers of Rice Krispies putting tons of preservatives on the inside lining of the plastic packaging for their cereals so they don't have to reveal it in the ingredients. Seriously. It's 2016 and shit like that is perfectly legal? Yep.
General Mills Starts Pulling Preservatives After Assault From Food Babe Army

People don't have idea that chemicals like BHT are banned throughout Europe, yet we continue to eat them every day in North America.

We are doing something wrong. Sorry for the amount of links, this kind of thing kind of hits close to home with me.
I can't even...

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Keyless entry for my car appears to be broken. The car doesn't detect the fob's proximity, and hitting the buttons on the fob doesn't work either. I now have to take the physical key out of the fob and turn it in the driver side door, which is where the only key hole on the car is. If I lock the car at the driver side door and then need to get in to the lift gate at the back, it won't open, and I have to go unlock it again at the driver door.

It's been a tough 5 days.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users