Fortitude

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
hnboAEYG5KQMNljkJ4Urz7pykew.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Fortitude[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-01-29[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Fortitude is a place like nowhere else. Although surrounded by the savage beauty of the Arctic landscape, Fortitude is one of the safest towns on earth. There has never been a violent crime here. Until now. In such a close-knit community a murder touches everyone and the unsettling, mysterious horror of this crime threatens the future of the town itself.

The local Chief of Police, Sheriff Dan Anderssen, has to investigate alongside DCI Morton, the detective who has flown into Fortitude so fast that questions are being asked about how much he knew, and when. As these two cops try to make sense of the killing, each finds compelling reasons to mistrust and suspect the other.

The murder is a catastrophe for Hildur Odegard, the town's Governor. It threatens her ambitious plans to transform Fortitude from a mining town into a site for high-end tourism. And for Henry Tyson, a wildlife photographer who only has weeks left to live, the murder is the catalyst to unearthing Fortitude's darkest secret.

Also key to the story are Charlie Stoddart, an English scientist who heads up the Arctic Biology department at the Fortitude Arctic Research Centre, talented young scientist Vincent Rattrey, the newest member of Burke's team, and Jules Sutter, who is married to Frank Sutter, Fortitude's chief search and rescue pilot.

As the cold Arctic darkness gives way to endless summer nights, this apparently idyllic community struggles to make sense of the murderous horror that has been let loose in its heart.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

I'm surprised there's no thread about this already, but search turned up nothing and I skimmed the last 10 pages of threads just to be sure. I only stumbled across it on imdb last night and started watching, but it's now 10 eps into the 12 ep season.

Synopsis: Fortitude is a place like nowhere else on Earth. Surrounded by the savage beauty of the polar landscape, its future sparkling with the promise of Arctic opportunity, wealth and discovery, Fortitude is one of the safest towns on earth. There has never been a violent crime here. Until now.

So far it kind of reminds me of shows like Broadchurch and The Tunnel. Slower paced though; after 3 eps I really have no idea wtf is going on yet. It's got a good cast: Richard Dormer, Michael Gambon, Christopher Eccleston, Stanley Tucci, Sienna Guillory, and a few others I recognize from other things but can't quite remember what exactly. Best cinematography I've seen since Utopia too, but I'm a sucker for anything filmed in places like Iceland.

There's a longer trailer too, but seeing as it's a murder mystery show you're probably risking spoilers by watching anything more.

Last edited by a moderator:

mopoke

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I looked as well and couldn't find anything.

Only up to episode 7 here but it's all starting to come together, except for the end of that episode where some parts got seperated.
rolleyes.png

Good cast, takes a bit to remember where you saw them before. Leftovers was the first one I thought of, but I had to look up Stanley Tucci. It was Monk, time sure gets by fast.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i recently finished season 2 of broadchurch and while the mystery itself was a bit shite it had a good cast. i will bingewatch this too when its done. how many episodes are there supposed to be?

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
I think it's a great show. I too just stumbled upon it on imdb and gave it a shot. I agree with everything the OP said, a solid show. I am caught up on all the episodes and everything is finally starting to get pieced together. Really digging it, but then again I too love all things Scandinavian, so I am probably more than a little biased on this one.

Vorph

12 eps, finale is next Thurs.

I'm loving the show. It starts fairly slow and then proceeds to get more and more fucked up with every episode. The genre is practically psychological horror at this point...

One thing I can't figure out is:
How the little girl managed to not get infected by the virus when everyone else who came nearthe mammoth(double spoiler tag just in case anyone who's caught up on eps still hasn't figured out what caused all of this) even for a second did. Unless she turns out to be immune and they end up using her for antibodies to cure it, but that seems a bit far-fetched.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Hmmm can I click that spoiler if I have watched up to and including episode 10? Not sure if ep 11 aired and maybe has not reached my torrent site yet.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I gave up after episode 6. It was a bit too disjointed and I didn't feel the directing or script kept things clear enough. It could be because I'm watching it on TV so I have to wait a damn week between episodes. I think this is the first TV show I've watched on TV in years, binge watching on netflix and torrents have spoiled me. I still think there is a good story here, so I might try again when this thing is on the net and I can watch it all over the course of a weekend or something.

mopoke

I'm not ued to watching stuff like this on tv either, you sure can miss a lot of things. Luckily I can go back and watch it again on Iview or just watch it there so I can pause or go back.

Episode 8 tomorrow night.

Vorph

11 of 12 are downloadable, so just wait another week and you can binge-watch all of it. Takes a day or two for them to hit the net, compared to US TV which is generally posted within a half hour. The 1080p WEB-DL's are the ones you want anyway, those take longer even for US shows (because I assume the source is iTunes).

khalid

Unelected Mod
This is really good, just finished episode 7. I really have no idea wtf is going on but still enjoying the hell out of it.

mopoke

Just watched episode 8, now I really have no idea wtf is going on either.
biggrin.png

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Actually made me a little nauseous...

Blood and guts typically don't bother me but jesus fuck gutting a woman with a fork then puking inside...

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Binged the first two seasons of this over the last week with the gf.

Both seasons suffer from the same problem of starting off strong and then dragging on for too long with no real payoff. There are also some glaring plot holes in the second season that are just complete head scratchers.