GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Enough to select Native American on his college app but not enough to look like it.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Not all Targs are fire resistant dude. We have seen ONE case of a SINGLE Targ being slightly fire resistant, that doesnt mean they all are. Thats a Dany specific thing, shes special.

And dragons arent just nice to everyone who had Targ blood. Quentyn, The Dance of Dragons civil war, cmon guys.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Quentyn also went into the dragon den whipping them and shit trying to get them to submit. It makes sense that he got roasted and Tyrion didn't.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Also let us not forget that in A World of Ice and Fire, its clearly states the Joanna Lannister attended the tournament in 272AC in Kings Landing for Aerys. Well know fact that he lusted after Tywins wife/cousin. Aerys insulted her during the tourney and Tywin, who was also there, tried to resign as hand of the king the very next day. Not known if he tried to resign because of the insult or because something else happened, but Tyrion was born less than 1 year later in 273AC.

This on top of like, 10 other piece of evidence strongly points to Tyrion being a Targ.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Also the scene before, Tyrion asked Missandei if the dragons minded her. After that, I honestly thought he was going to have her unchain the dragons instead of doing it himself.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Also the scene before, Tyrion asked Missandei if the dragons minded her. After that, I honestly thought he was going to have her unchain the dragons instead of doing it himself.
I thought that too. Then when I saw he was doing it himself I thought he was just in full "I'm right about everything or nothing" mode and ready to get toasted. It is true that animals often don't give two shits about other animals smaller than them, even predators. Tyrion could totally being a targ, but I think it was more poised as showing these dragons are more than just flying death dogs. They're actually intelligent creatures and can make their own decisions about situations.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I think one subtle, great instance of cinematography they did, was when Ramsay stabbed Roose and the scene lingered for a few moments and you had no idea who was murdering who. Really played well into both character arcs and that either of them was capable of killing the other. Like father like son I suppose.
Oh yeah this is the other example of D&D fucking with book readers that I forgot to include before. again just like with Jon's res or tyrion freeing the dragons, they took deliberate pauses, used different camera angles to create these like, psych outs, the facial expressions on both their faces, either one could of been killing the other. I half expected both of them to fall to the ground, each having plotted to knife the other.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Dragons have been pretty docile. I think all their kills have been on Dany's orders or to protect her or themselves. The only stand out is the child Drogon roasted but we don't even know if that was legit. It could have been a play by the masters or the kid could have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time when Drogon was hunting sheep.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
this season is 10 episodes. The rumor is season 7 will be 7 episodes, and season 8 is really just a season 7 part 2, a split 7th season, with 6 episodes, to conclude the story.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So am I the only one that feels the show has jumped the shark? Not necessarily because of the events themselves, but by the totally weak support/justification behind them? I mean, look at how they handled John's rez-- instead of building some backstory or viable dialogue that would justify the act, you have Davos out of the blue straight up asking Melisandre if she could bring John back to life, to which she replies with "I've never tried before", then proceeds to rez him. WTF? The entire scene seemed weak, forced, and unrealistic. Considering the whole Caitlyn rez plotline was removed from the show, there is no precedence for resurrection, so the scene is even more unrealistic. Same with Tyrion decided to suddenly be a badass and free the dragons. Since when does Tyrion do stupidly brave shit like that, and all on the basis that he *thinks* they're smart and will no he means well? Seriously?

Imho, they may know George's high-level plotline directions, but the lack of actual source dialogue and plot details to draw from is showing..

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
So am I the only one that feels the show has jumped the shark? Not necessarily because of the events themselves, but by the totally weak support/justification behind them? I mean, look at how they handled John's rez-- instead of building some backstory or viable dialogue that would justify the act, you have Davos out of the blue straight up asking Melisandre if she could bring John back to life, to which she replies with "I've never tried before", then proceeds to rez him. WTF? The entire scene seemed weak, forced, and unrealistic. Considering the whole Caitlyn rez plotline was removed from the show, there is no precedence for resurrection, so the scene is even more unrealistic. Same with Tyrion decided to suddenly be a badass and free the dragons. Since when does Tyrion do stupidly brave shit like that, and all on the basis that he *thinks* they're smart and will no he means well? Seriously?

Imho, they may know George's high-level plotline directions, but the lack of actual source dialogue and plot details to draw from is showing..
You may want to actually read the thread. Or rewatch the show.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

Thoros rezed Beric and Mel specifically took a trip to took to him about it.

Tyrion has done brave/stupid shit constantly. Fighting with the wild guys from the Vale to prove his leadership, fighting at KL to save the city when the Hound wouldn't. Just as examples.

So no, shark not jumped.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

Lol. Did you miss the bitch telling Davos about the guy who has done it,Myou know, the one we see perform the same act in season 2? How the fuck can you say there is no precedent? We have seen it before and she even mentioned it right before she tried.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Re: targs and fire resistance.. On the show, Dany basically said it's something that happens to a 'true leader' type of targaryen every so often, but not all targs are fire proof like that. They called it being 'the Dragon', and the guy who originally invaded and took over the western kingdoms was fireproof.