Game Pass for Xbox and PC

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Agreed. I actually went back to the backlog. Madmax.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crisco

A greasy jar
Did they ever fix the buy a reg sub and upgrade it to ultimate trick?

Im about to expire and want to renew on the cheap.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Did they ever fix the buy a reg sub and upgrade it to ultimate trick?

Im about to expire and want to renew on the cheap.
It's not 1-1 conversion anymore but it's still not bad. Buy 3 years worth of gold and convert over for 2 years.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Is it the same format as Fallen Order? I couldn't get into it. Combat was okay, but the first couple small maps that were sort of linear mazes just wasn't interesting. Felt on rails, but not straightforward or interesting enough to not just be annoying.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it the same format as Fallen Order? I couldn't get into it. Combat was okay, but the first couple small maps that were sort of linear mazes just wasn't interesting. Felt on rails, but not straightforward or interesting enough to not just be annoying.
Same. I got lost in a few maps and couldn't be bothered to look up how to proceed. Cool game, but I think I only played a few hours before I gave up.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Thing I like about games like that is the exploration. Doesn't have to be open world. I love the Dark Souls setup of maps and world. Explore all over to find items / loot.

Then you have this game. You start exploring and .... ponchos. No weapons, armor, gizmos or whatever. Just cosmetics. You'd think after your third one that maybe after this 10 minute jumping puzzle off the beaten path, there will be something. But no, another color poncho. Pointless to explore the maps. Whoever thought that was a good design choice, and the people with the power to implement it, should be fired from gaming.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I liked the gameplay of Fallen Order but hated pretty much everything else. Survivor was a vast improvement. It's a lot less linear and more open world-ish. Locations are generally a lot bigger too.

And the stupid ponchos were almost entirely removed (IIRC there's one left and it's more or less just there as a joke reference to the first game). "Loot" still isn't great but it's at least worthwhile to collect this time.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
it is more of the first game, just this time with open world, so if you hated the first game i doubt you'll like the second one but you can try em both on gamepass (EA play etc) and make up your own mind for just a $1 or whatever the trial version of gamepass is

i found the open world of survivor pretty awesome, its new star wars planets and the "intro" mission is on Coruscant I believe so thats pretty fucking cool. Takes place 5 years after fallen order/revenge of the sith and 14 years before a new hope.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
another crab (and jedi survivor) is out on gamepass today, its described as a colorful soulslike lol. sounds dumb as hell but fun, definitely gonna try. played a bit of eiyuden but honestly kinda bored, one character is way too plucky

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
one character is way too plucky
1714063974740.png

• 1Double Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I’m really enjoying Diablo IV on GamePass. Haven’t gotten the completionist fatigue I typically experience with RPG’s.

Last edited:

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Diablo 4 takes a long time to get through all the mediocre bullshit to finally start getting to be decent at higher levels and tier 4 where it feels like the real game starts and you're actually building your character.

Diablo games have always had varying slogs to get to the end game, but D4 wasn't even interesting the first time. And even when it gets better it's still just decent, not great.

Worth "free" though.