Ghost Recon: Wildlands

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Thought we had a thread for this, but making a new one in case we don't because ...

Beta Registration: Ghost Recon® Wildlands | The Official Site | Ubisoft® | beta registration

Official release date: 3/7/17

Open world Ghost Recon game sounds and looks incredible. Absolutely love the franchise and the last iteration has been one of my favorite shooters in a very long time. High looking forward to this.

Wiki: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands - Wikipedia

Gameplay Video:
In the above trailer, they mention having over 60 controllable vehicles. That's awesome.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I forget since I haven't played any since the first and its expacs, isn't this like R6 in the woods? I remember missions in like Cuba and some urban settings like airports but mostly a more military focus than R6, which is on the "police" side of things.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Not touching this thing until a month after launch. After the Division, I have no faith in this company to get any of this right. Driving was horrid in Watchdogs 2, and I cannot imagine they ever cleaned that up (I know it's a shooter, but still) and now they do what they do with every damn thing they make, and that's just add an open world check box map ala Far Cry 3/4/Primal/Black Flag/Division/Rogue/WD2 - you name it... and fire off another game.

The Ghost Recon's on original Xbox were fantastic. As were games like Rainbow Six / Vegas on Vanilla Xbox. As was Splinter Cell Pandora tomorrow. The company that made those are deader than a fucking door nail.

Ubisoft is a complete shit hole and Vivendi cannot complete the hostile take over fast enough.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Really want this to be good but definitely in the wait and see camp.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
After Destiny I don't buy multiplayer games day one anymore. I realize this isn't purely MP, but neither is Destiny.

spronk

FPS noob
best time to play these kind of MP games - Destiny, Overwatch, Division - is at launch when everything is new and shiny and unknown and buggy, after it gets polished to hell and back its boring

i look forward to exercising my white male privilege over drug farmers

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Comparing this to something like Destiny and Division and getting "Ahead" of people on the curve due to glitches and what not is irrelevant. It's a contained 4v4 (If that?) PvP multiplayer experience in a lobby on player servers. The only reason to want to try this is if you like 2-4 Coop Vs the Environment in a single player story line experience. Otherwise you are better off playing Division or Rainbow 6 Siege.

With that said, the coop part of Ghost Recon will be the memorable portion. Not it's PvP Multiplayer or PvE Single player experience. And for that? I can wait for a sale and buy it for 3 others if I need to for a $29 4 pack on steam at some point and play through it while drunk one day.

If it turns out not to be a complete buggy mess with the coop, I'll engage some old Ghost Recon buddies from the Xbox days and spin it up and see who wants to buy in. This series played Coop with buddies online is where it is at. Single player with AI bots on your team as you go through a story is also boring as shit. The meat is the online coop.

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah i wouldnt buy a game like this for PVP - the CO-OP should be pretty awesome tho.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah beta keys went out already i didn't get in either :( will keep or cancel based on feedback from streamers, at this point though I'm leaning towards cancel with Horizon Zero Dawn and Mass Effect around the same time, plus Ubi will drop the price on this like a bitch

also PC gamers, nvidia has changed the way they hand out game keys. you have to activate it inside Nvidia experience, its tied to the hardware (so for example wildlands I think is 1070 and 1080 only), and you are only allowed one redemption (ever) per card. they have made it more or less impossible to buy cheap game codes from whatever sources were getting them like candy before.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'd also take a key if anyone has a spare, I'm due some kick backs for keys at this point.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Definitely wouldn't refuse a key should some come around

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Beta registration still works (just did it) just in case they send out more invites.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Probably in on this for the co-op game play. Really curious to see how the gun play is though, hope there is some authenticity still there.

Gromit

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wow watching Jackfrags and friends play on twitch and they're all complaining about how jank a lot of the controls and gunplay are. There are drivable tractors and llama's so there's that!

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah people are streaming all weekend on twitch, if you have it pre ordered may wanna see if its something you are gonna play or not. looks ok, people say there is only 2 hours of story content but thats beta only I hope?

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

after watching the streams for a bit i'm pretty much gonna cancel my pre and play after the inevitable patches dlc price drop etc

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
definitely holding out for the price drop down the road

spronk

FPS noob
they are still sending out beta invites I Just got one 15 mins ago. 24 gig download on ps4. the beta site seems fucked up, can't login and send out invites, if it works again i'll post if I can send out invites on ps4