Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Played this some tonight on PC. I mean, it didn't run great, the gun play was uninspiring... But it was pretty fun. Just the open world-military co-op idea is pretty cool. I don't know if I'll buy it at release, but I could see myself eventually burying some hours into this on the weekend.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sucks to see this receiving such a tepid reception here. The original on pc (2002ish I wpuld guess) was probably the most intense shooter i've ever played. I remember cringing every time I'd be hiding in some shrubbery and hear several bullets thump into me from afar.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, this doesn't play much like the first GR's. But from the few hours I have played it's been entertaining.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I hate what they've done to this franchise. It's not like what it used to be. As for this installment, from what I've played it seems pretty rough. Maybe it's one of those games you have to play with a full group, but nothing really stands out to me as better than other games of this type. From the graphics to the shooting, driving, flying, voicework, ect it all seems kinda budget level shit. Easily the weakest Ubisoft game I've played in a while. Maybe after a few patches and deep discount I'll pick it up again. Don't be surprised to see Titanfall 2 like price drops extremely soon.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Damn dude this feedback is breaking my heart. I was such a champion for this and the Division and Ubisoft is letting me down. :(

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Damn dude this feedback is breaking my heart. I was such a champion for this and the Division and Ubisoft is letting me down. :(

I get trying to be an optimist, but Ubisoft's track record has been getting pretty stable in the garbage department. Think the last real good game of any sort was probably AC: Black flag.

• 1Like

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Wow, really? If you think Farcry 3 or 4 are garbage IDK what to say to you. Division had / has a ton of issues I concede that forsure but damn. AC Rogue was amazing and Unity and Syndicate were not bad either. Rainbow Six Siege is amazing.

I swear you guys are so fucking goggled sometimes.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'm mixed on this. I like the idea, but the maps so far seem pretty empty and kind of wasted space.

The helo controls are simple, and perhaps overly simple in the wrong direction in how to gain altitude and land the things without smashing into the ground.

Cars drive on what feels like sand.

But at least enemies die with a round to the head.

vatter69

Trakanon Raider
Just played the PS4 open beta with 2 friends and we had a blast. Vehicles controls are a joke but this game has tons of potential imo.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Will be interested in reviews, how different the terrain gets, and how different the boss fights are. If they're all just 'go to a cabin in the wilderness and have a shootout in the basement' then blah, but I expect them to get more interesting. Especially if later on enemies start using drones and shit too.

Co-op it's a lot of fun and worth the price day 1 if you have some friends to dive into it with periodically, probably mess with it a little bit later tonight to see how it is solo.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This game lacks a shit ton of polish: the gun play isn't great, the driving mechanics are awful, and it has some weird buggy shit going on. That being said if you have people to play co-op with, it seems like it should provide some hours of fun. I honestly really enjoyed it, even though it is far, far from perfect. I'm also curious to see if there is a large variation in the terrain & enemy AI/strongholds. If there is, this could be a great game to soak a couple hundred hours into, if not should still be worth 30-50 hours, maybe at a lower price point.

Never jumped on the Destiny or The Division bandwagon, but this looks like it should have just enough tactical/stealth game play to eventually warrant a purchase from me. I loved the old Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon tactical co-op stuff.

Ps. I honestly got a really heavy "Shadow of Mordor" kind of vibe from the game. Going about missions & bosses in the cartel really reminded me of the Nemesis system.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
If you wanna just do stealth i'd recommend the hitman game, season 1 released on all systems about a month ago and its a fantastic stealth game with 200+ hours you can sink in to check every box.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah this game will be twenty bucks on sale within weeks. You know what I miss? When Ubisoft was relevant and made great games. The original ghost recon, rainbow six, splinter cell multiplayer in pandora tomorrow. What the fuck happened to this company and why.

Just another shit Ubi title now. Their management needs to be completely gutted. I'm sure they have some great developers that can't do shit. :(

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I picked it up at gamersgate.com, 20% off digitally for PC. Preloaded and ready to go.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I definitely agree with a lot of people on the lack of polish and uninspired vehicle mechanics, etc.

I fucking love an open world 3rd person shooter though. The world is massive enough to lend the gameplay tons of variety in how you approach missions. Some of the missions are actually very difficult as well.

All in all, this is a game meant to be experienced with friends. Honestly I have had a fucking blast running around with 3 others and doing crazy shit with helicopters, explosives, fucking stuff up and dying a shitload, and executing pretty sweet co op plays.

IDK, to me it's an expansive and fun co-op world romp. I dig it. I wish it was more fleshed out mechanics wise and felt more smooth, but oh well. There are a shitload of weapons and stuff so it's a plus to be able to have a lot of stuff to unlock and experience different levels of gunplay depending upon what is available. Skills are cool but could have been done in a much more thoughtful manner. Still interesting to see it added in a game like this, though.

Overall, if you're picking this up for yourself and are expecting something like Splinter Cell you will be disappointed. Play with some light-hearted friends and you might have a blast. To me, worth the $.

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love 3rd person shooters, so I caved and bought it. It's unpolished, pretty buggy but I had a blast playing yesterday!

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
New Nvidia patch hit today, did wonders for the fps with my 980ti. Mostly a smooth ride now at 60fps 2560x1440p.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I'll pick this up for 9 bucks on sale at some point. Too bad. I used to LOVE the ghost recon series and Ubisoft is now just a major disaster. I never thought Vivendi doing a hostile take over of the ownership/management here would be a good thing, but right now it can't get any worse. This entire company (Outside of the development folks) have hit rock bottom.

Someone dismantle the shit management here so we can see some good games out of their Clancy IP's again worth playing.

• 1Solidarity