Gigabye gtx980 and 3 displays. How would you do it right? Tv, monitor?

icarr757_sl

shitlord
As the title says, purchased a Gigabyte gtx980 end of last year, now I would like to start planning for a 3 display set up. Currently using a vizio 42inch tv for my display and I like the size. But now there is hdmi vs displayport. Tv's all have hdmi and size but no displayport. Monitors have displayport and resolution/refresh, but seem stuck in the 20inch range. So, thought I would tap the community braintrust here and am curious how differing folks would make 3 way display work.

Thanks!

Ps. Personal games are Skyrim, Batman: Arkham, Witcher, DragonAge. No CoD or Destiny. WoW keeps finding its way back onto the pc now and then but I am pretty sure my serious raiding days are behind me...

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I am pretty sure you can buy an active display port to hdmi converter that will make it work, but I suggest trying to move away from the 42 Vizio, it's holding you back.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yep, love my Qnix 27" 1440p. Overclocks to 120Hz just fine(wouldn't go to 144). I'd be hard pressed choosing between that, or my SSD as to which was the best PC-related purchase I've made in recent years.