Gods of Egypt (2016)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Eh, they're both in the garbage bin of movie trash. If i had to, i'd rewatch Gods of Egypt, why? at least it was a basic fleshed out story.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
i thought i read somewhere that ancient egyptians racial origins have not been pinned down exactly.
As far as the GODS are concerned, if you're an all powerful immortal there's no way that your choosing to be black for eternity. So clearly white actors were the correct choice.

spronk

FPS noob
saw this tonight, I actually enjoyed it which I didn't expect. Its basically video game - the movie, with literally every cliche from story games in it. Chapters as you move from area to area, henchman horde mode battles, sub boss battles, multi stage boss battles in multiple arenas, the usual twists and openings for sequels, extended exposition cutscenes, it had it all. Its quite long clocking in just under 2 hours runtime but never really got bored and the CGI is just over the top but fun to watch. Jaime Lannister and the guy from 300 are fun to watch and Hathor has a nice ass.

So yeah, I'd recommend a watch.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This was so bad it was amazing, will definitely watch again. Jupiter Ascending I couldnt make it through, GoE I was in awe at how terrible everything was. I can see this becoming a cult hit

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
"trying" to watch a pirated Xmen:apoc and now I appreciate the set design and costumes of this horrible movie, CGI is still bad, but costumes are banging +1

Caliane

So got around to this...

I.. .kindof like it. Quite a bit. far far better then The Immortals, Prince of Persia, Clash of the Titans remakes 1/2.
I did not expect this at all.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I liked Prince of Persia... or do I just really like Gemma Aterton? I can never tell the difference...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
This movie is great. You just have to watch it high. It makes you suspend disbelief just enough that everything works perfectly and epically. Watched this movie 7-8 times now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I find my hate for Clash of the Titans remake 1 (I refuse to see 2) stems largely from two points. One, it isn't fucking Clash of the Titans and don't shit on Bobo, and Two, they had a literal Arabic myth do a suicide bombing on Medusa. Call it "memes from yesterday" or something, but don't call it Clash of the Titans.

Haven't seen this, but I'm sure I will =/ Immortals was pretty awesome in parts and horrendous in most. But the Tartarus escape scene is still awesome.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
This was so bad it was amazing, will definitely watch again. Jupiter Ascending I couldnt make it through, GoE I was in awe at how terrible everything was. I can see this becoming a cult hit
I couldn't believe how bad this was.

My mouth was open from the middle to the end because it was so unbelievably bad.

holy shit...lol...

spronk

FPS noob
if you exercise or walk or whatever and listen to a podcast I highly recommend paul scheer and Jason M's (The League's Andre and Rafi) podcast how did this get made, awesome to listen to. recently listened to their talk about Gods of Egypt and it was great. also recommend their podcasts on bloodsport, fast and furious, and crank. their podcasts are also on itunes, google play, etc and all free (with ads inside)
Gods of Egypt, episode #143 of How Did This Get Made? on Earwolf