Going to Cuba

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Need tips and advice.

It will be my first time there and i'm worried because I don't speak Mexican.

Any pro tips?

Vinen

God is dead
Need tips and advice.

It will be my first time there and i'm worried because I don't speak Mexican.

Any pro tips?

Well. First you are going to have a bad time by calling the language Mexican.

Enjoy getting Zika.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Also you dont need cash there, use paypal only.

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
It's been 10 years since last I went, but it was my go to place for winter sun when I lived in Canada. I'm assuming you're going to Veradero? If so, I'm sure it's come a long way in the last decade, but it's basically a strip of hotels/restaurants on a beach. There really isn't much to do outside of sun/surf and eat out and maybe hit some of the nightclubs. A day trip into Havana is definitely worth it (longer if you want to do things rather than sit at beach), as is visiting a place where they hand roll cigars. One of the biggest surprises is the place is super safe-- nobody will fuck with you as a tourist because the local police will make them disappear. The people are also super friendly all around, and if they offer to cook you a home dinner for $20 a head, definitely go for it. Don't expect good service anywhere, as they all have that laissez-faire Caribbean attitude with service, just with an added dose of stifling communism. Women can be cute if you don't mind black/mulatto, and are super easy if you show them a good time. IMHO, you could compare Veradero to most Mexican resort towns, just less expensive, far less opulent at the high end, nicer beaches, and 1950's cars.

• 1Like

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
when I lived in Canada. A day trip into Havana is definitely worth it

Two thoughts
1) I plan to do an overnight in Havana. Not sure if the Tropicana is worth the bucks, something like 75us per person. I'm staying in a mountain retreat in Santa Cruz del Norte so I should be off the beaten path a bit. I speak modest Spanish so I should get by.
I heard it's worth it to pay a local who owns a car rather than a cab to drive you around, truth?

2) Why in the world did you ever leave GODs country Canada?

Vinen

God is dead
Two thoughts
1) I plan to do an overnight in Havana. Not sure if the Tropicana is worth the bucks, something like 75us per person. I'm staying in a mountain retreat in Santa Cruz del Norte so I should be off the beaten path a bit. I speak modest Spanish so I should get by.
I heard it's worth it to pay a local who owns a car rather than a cab to drive you around, truth?

2) Why in the world did you ever leave GODs country Canada?

Because he wanted a functional economy.
/shitpost over