Great Audiobooks

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
Just finished Unbroken on audiobook. Enjoyed it quite a bit; the reader is fantastic. Reads like an adventure novel.

Seventh

Golden Squire
Having given up on Black Sun Rising because the reader was horrendous, I picked up Theft of Swords:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...heft-of-swords

I'm only about ~6 hours into it and so far and the story is solid but more than that the narrator is fantastic.
Got smoked with traffic today which sucked, but on the upside I listened to about 4 more hours of this. This book is awesome, definitely recommend it. It has a bit of a Scott Lynch feel to it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Got smoked with traffic today which sucked, but on the upside I listened to about 4 more hours of this. This book is awesome, definitely recommend it. It has a bit of a Scott Lynch feel to it.
Ya I thought it was pretty good. The first book is actually the worst, so it gets better.

chantmaster

Lord Nagafen Raider
imtheonlyonereadingthisthread.jpg

Finished the follow up to The Deep Zone today - Frozen Solid. Not bad, but pretty much the same story as the first book.

http://www.amazon.com/Frozen-Solid-A.../dp/B00B4FB6LC

Listening to this now - same narrator, and so far I'm liking it. (Edit: About 6 hours in and I ended up skipping the rest of this one. It starts out decent but ends up reading like a giant Wikipedia article).

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...-city-of-light

Side note: If someone has an AB torrent site recommendation, I'd love to hear it.
a bay... without pirates, but audio books!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sorry to bump this thread. For my birthday my wife bought me a 1-year/24 book audible subscription. I guess I can do it the legal way from now on.

Might pick up Mistborn series as my first. I'm familiar with the readers, but do they do a good job in this book?

Kais

<Gold Donor>
My personal favorite series is by Patrick O'Brian, generally referred to as the Aubrey-Maturin series, the first of which was turned into a movie heavily influenced by events in other books in the series which you might know: Master and Commander. It follows the career of a British naval commander Jack Aubrey through the Napoleonic wars and is period accurate if not entirely historically accurate. There were two different versions read by different people and by far the most popular reader is Patrick Tull. I cannot recommend him highly enough, he breathes such life into the characters its amazing. It's well that the versions on audible.com are read by Patrick Tull.

Got a long commute? There's 21 books each averaging between 10-16 hours unabridged. Each book can stand on it's own merits but you really should work your way through the series.

Ghetto216

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am hooked to listening to the zombie fallout series by mark tufo.
if you like seriously suspenseful moments in a post zombie world mixed with some great wit and lovable characters, then check these books out.

Seventh

Golden Squire
Alright, I need some recommendations! I have 6 audible credits and can't make up my mind what the hell to grab..

Turgut_sl

shitlord
I've been burning my we through Card's Ender's Game series and I'm really happy with it. I've carried through into the related Bean series and am about to start the books that tie them together. The audio production is great and the voices consistent. I highly recommend it.

Seventh

Golden Squire
What are you lookin' for
Anything really, though I'd prefer something that isn't fantasy (6 Riyria audiobooks in a row and I'm ready for a change.)

I actually haven't read Ender's Game, and a good narrator is essential for dampening the morning commute madness. I'll check it out, thanks!

Turgut_sl

shitlord
No worries. There is a new one out that Card added dialogue to, has sound effects and a huge cast. (Ender's Game Alive) I have only listened to the demo of this one. It sounds good but if it were me I'd get the original because it fits better with all the others. I'll listen to the new one eventually but I'd like to get through the remaining books first.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just picked up the first audiobook from the Dresden Files and the reader is masterful for the part. Great recommendation.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I've read or listened to most of the stuff in this thread already and I have an ~8 hour drive tomorrow (there and back). My normal thing is listening to an audio book, so... any suggestions? Fiction is better.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Nick Offerman's book, Paddle your own canoe, is pretty hilarious. Mostly about his early career, how much he love his wife (seriously. Comes up a lot), and what being a man is really about.

boozebagbeefhole

Blackwing Lair Raider
Series - Our Productions
So I came across Graphic Audio about a month ago and their shit is legit. Each episode has full cast audio plus sound effects with returning cast members at least for all of the DC stuff. If you are looking for 6 to 8 hour chucks I highly recommend it. So far I have listened to about 10 or so of the DC stories, but this one was my favorite.DC Comics: DC Universe: Last Sons