Greatest Video Game(s) of All Time

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Was contemplating making a poll, but I'm sure the answers will be so wildly different I thought I'd just create the thread.

Thinking about this last night, after reading so many wildly different reviews/praise for BoTW this past week (a game I'm almost ready to say I simply don't like - if, after 10 hours it doesn't hook you it might simply just not be your cup of tea and there is nothing wrong with that). So, that said - what is the greatest game ever made? In any category, what game(s) turned you from pseudo nerd, to actual nerd?

For me, there are about 10 to choose from. Recently, TLOU stands out as perhaps my favorite ever video game narrative with good game play. Dark Souls was exceptional. Even Horizon most recently, was a breath of fresh air in a fairly stale industry. Going back further, Diablo II ruined me - Morrowind sucked me in and introduced me to single player sandbox gaming (a genre I still love now, all thanks to Morrowind). Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect - both great. GTA V, probably my favorite game of the past 5 years was a masterpiece. Red Dead was as well.

NBA Jam, NCAA football & FIFA all at one point were awesome. Super Mario 3 & Mega Man. Street Fighter 2.

Finally, EQ. A game that was all consuming and wondrous (and, annoying, tedious, tiresome) - a game that consumed so many fucking hours, I'd fall asleep dreaming I was a halfling.

That said, for me the greatest game ever created is WOW. It was innovative, created systems many (MANY) world class gaming studios have borrowed or outright stole, it was fun, engaging and engrossing as well. It was (relatively) polished, and took some of the best things EQ did and made them better for me. A game so well made, and so good that I still to this day drop in and play it for a month or two every year 12 years after release.

What say you lads?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
& FIFA all at one point were awesome.

Spoken like a true yank who has only discovered "soccer" fairly recently, and thus has no memory of when Pro Evo was the dominant franchise.

Neither of them deserves to be anywhere near a greatest games list.

Not even the best football games:

• 1Like
  • 1Smuggly

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Spoken like a true yank who has only discovered "soccer" fairly recently, and thus has no memory of when Pro Evo was the dominant franchise.

Neither of them deserves to be anywhere near a greatest games list.

Not even the best football games:

Listen nerd, either list good games or GTFO. Nobody here has ever heard of Amigo soccer

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
g4tv-pong-flash-games-flash-games-break-most-addicting-flash_100857_D.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Civilizationboxart.jpg

The game which caused me to nag my parents until they bought us our first PC.

Honorable mentions to:
Dune 2
Secret of the Silver Blades
Might & Magic VI
Baldur's Gate 2
Everquest
Angband
Chrono Trigger
Doom
Diablo 2

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Factorio
Overwatch
Minecraft
World of Warcraft
Dune 2
Cities skylines
Sim city
Sim city 2000
Binding of Isaac
Shadow Complex
Terraria
DayZ (back in the day version)
Fallout 3
Half life 2
Portal 1 and 2
BioShock infinite
Super meat boy
Braid
Call of duty 4
Plants vs zombies
Limbo
Batman arkham asylum
Ultima 7
Gta v
Gta San Andreas
Skyrim
Splinter cell
Final fantasy 7
Mario Galaxy
Maniac Mansion
Doom (2016)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Factorio
Overwatch
Minecraft
World of Warcraft
Dune 2
Cities skylines
Sim city
Sim city 2000
Binding of Isaac
Shadow Complex
Terraria
DayZ (back in the day version)
Fallout 3
Half life 2
Portal 1 and 2
BioShock infinite
Super meat boy
Braid
Call of duty 4
Plants vs zombies
Limbo
Batman arkham asylum
Ultima 7
Gta v
Gta San Andreas
Skyrim
Splinter cell
Final fantasy 7
Mario Galaxy
Maniac Mansion
Doom (2016)

No Everquest, no Planescape, and no Wasteland :(

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I was fascinated by EQ but never really played it much. I would watch my friend play it for hours tho.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I will add StarCraft to my list

Hearthstone should be in there too

• 1Smuggly
  • 1Salty