GTA V RP

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So a few people in the twitch thread watch this, and I watch the shit out of it. It's basically daytime soaps for nerdboys like us. Making this thread so we can discuss going ons, post clips, and let each other know which streams we should go back and watch. It's hard figuring out when shit goes down on which streams.

My thoughts so far on the drama: cops are too op, timmacks crew is fun to watch but they RP as somewhat law abiding citizens so can get boring cause they're really scared of jail. Gee famous and Lirik and a couple other guys RP as flat fucking criminals, stupid criminals, but criminals.

My current up and comer to watch is TheBuddha3 on twitch, who roleplays a crazy asian dude and pulled off one of the funniest things I've seen today when Eli Thompson was trying to shotgun lirik as he was running from the bank robbery he and Yang were doing:

Eli get his car stolen on a bank robbery

edit: eli got his streaming comp on order so gonna be up and running soon. He's going to go from an unknown RP'r to twitch famous overnight. The last few weeks he's taken off in popularity like wildfire. Dude's a retired mil police and sheriff I believe, so he's good.

here's a good intro:

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So this VOD is from a couple days ago on Timmac's stream. It basically shows how the Eli and the Cops track someone down in game. Mind you they had 6 cops on at the time which isn't all too common. 2 or 3 is the norm. Basically Timmac enlisted El's help on finding some guys that ganged up on him and beat his character's ass. It's almost next to impossible to stay away from the police in this game when they are looking for you. It took the cops awhile, but they did find who they were looking for.

Jump to 12:57:30 in the vod.

There is a fundraiser on Saturday night on pmsproxy's stream to help Eli with a streaming setup.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I'm in the middle of Lirik's stream from today right now. My buddy said today was good so I figured I'd put it on. Can't wait for Trooper Thompson to get his stream going. Definitely going to be one of the fantastic growing twitch communities. I wish Strippin played more because I enjoy his Asian hooker character.

This is pretty much barebones for GTA RP. As long as they keep updating with content I don't see how this fails. Just gotta stop those DDOS.

Some funny movie-esque trailers for Lirik/Avon -

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm in the middle of Lirik's stream from today right now. My buddy said today was good so I figured I'd put it on. Can't wait for Trooper Thompson to get his stream going. Definitely going to be one of the fantastic growing twitch communities. I wish Strippin played more because I enjoy his Asian hooker character.

This is pretty much barebones for GTA RP. As long as they keep updating with content I don't see how this fails. Just gotta stop those DDOS.

Some funny movie-esque trailers for Lirik/Avon -

Those trailers are gold

spronk

FPS noob
i dunno how these guys are playing so much, the trooper dude, the chick who sounds like a little boy (but is actually a chick, she face streams) and the asian dude who plays a tranny hooker are online like 18 hours a day

its an amazing RP server setup though and yeah i'm totally hooked, i pretty much have one of the GTA 5 streamers up all the time while i'm doing other stuff

but yeah cops seem super OP on gta 5 rp right now, once you are on their radar it seems impossible to escape. they should definitely implement some sort of jailbreak mechanism and maybe even a way for a team to attack the cops

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I think they need more games and interesting jobs. If you neuter the cops then no one will do legit jobs and will just commit crimes all day. Won't be fun for the cops. Its a fine line IMO.

Araxen

I think they need more games and interesting jobs. If you neuter the cops then no one will do legit jobs and will just commit crimes all day. Won't be fun for the cops. Its a fine line IMO.

Yeah, when there are no cops on it's super boring. I know lirik has said it more than a few times and you can tell he's bored. He wants that push back from them even though he ends up in jail.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Its definitely a balancing act. Think its tipped just slightly towards cops right now.

Araxen

It's so weird when you see the players behinds the characters sometimes.

Granny:
kind of cute

Jack(prostitute):

Both are very good RPer's. Strippin has been playing Persona instead of RPing lately. I hope he comes back. His character was funny AF.

Waffle though... boring AF. He's firmly on Ella's cunt.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It's so weird when you see the players behinds the characters sometimes.

Granny:
kind of cute

Jack(prostitute):

Both are very good RPer's. Strippin has been playing Persona instead of RPing lately. I hope he comes back. His character was funny AF.

Waffle though... boring AF. He's firmly on Ella's cunt.

Ya, I like waffle/timmack and pms, but their RP chars are way too pussy and I think they've got themselves convince it will hurt their stream if they go to jail, which hurts the RP fun. Lirik yday was talking about how he though playing this like second life was retarded, and I tend to agree.

• 1Like

Araxen

lirik was afk serving his jail time last night on the server so RP should be good later this afternoon.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
lirik was afk serving his jail time last night on the server so RP should be good later this afternoon.

poppen off now

heard rumors there was some admin drama going on but dont' have details. Eli been fairly MIA in game, said on twitter he was doing admin shit all day yday

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Was curious so I checked out Timmac. Was funny for a few minutes but I popped in like 7 hours later and he is still driving around rping his relationship with pms and it was super cringe.

Araxen

These two have the such great RP between each other all the time.

[bcolor=rgb(24, 24, 24)]Friends till the End!![/bcolor]

Precursor to the above:

[GTARP] Stabby McGaffey! | Twitter: https://twitter.com/thadrius

Watching past VODs you can always tell a part of their character is a part of them when they are somewhat inexperienced. Watching the whole lirik x Slappy VOD from both sides you can tell lirik is not the risk taker despite his sucess on Twitch. Slappy just doesn't give a fuck, it's RP. I wish I could have thrust a nuke on thadrius because he deserved it.

It's funny watching it after the fact too because at the time I was all like lirik call the cops, but man Slappy was too good of a RPer to disrupt this whole thing.

Last edited:

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Glad I checked this thread cause I had no idea this shit was so funny. Spent way too much time yesterday watching Vods/Youtube, think I laughed the hardest when GeeFamous knocked Trooper Thompson out when he came into his house and when they finally caught up with him.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
I've been watching this a lot over the past week.

I initially tuned in watching GiantWaffle and Timmac crew, but after a day or two realised that their RP is pretty shit/boring compared to a lot of the other characters on the server. While I've enjoyed their streams in other games, when it comes to RP their characters and voice acting are pretty flat and don't seem to have any real motivations or story - other than just aimlessly wandering round and pointless repetitive banter.

The most entertaining characters on the server that I've been following are the guys in Lirik's Leanbois, in particular

Tony:

and Lang:

Both of them stream a lot, are super committed to giving some kind of actual identity to their characters and are constantly going out of their way to get into interesting RP situations. Tony in particular has been the "brains" behind Leanbois, he knows the map super well and so he's always going out of his way to rope other players into interesting situations and locations around the map. He also clearly puts a bit of effort into establishing a kind of back story, and story arc around his character which makes the RP situations a lot more engaging and meaningful.

• 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The problem with timmac and waffle is they play puss mode because they're scared of jail. It gets really boring. Lang tony and gee are fun as fuck to watch.