Halloween in New Orleans

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Looks like I'll be taking a few friends who have never been to Nola for voodoo fest. I've been dozens of times myself but never around Halloween abd not since the year after Katrina. Any suggestions when it comes to seasonal tours or activities?

Sulrn

Deuces
Frenchmen street usually has a Halloween night block party/rave.

A lot of the performers do after shows at some of the other venues around town, so following a good act to a second show can be worthwhile if you think the listing is shit for the rest of the day/night... Bourbon is obviously going to be a mad house, but is a hallmark for a first time visit. If they're good with avoiding the tourist trap just hit some neighborhood bars/restaurants and meet some people.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
It is a great time to go. Not nearly as crazy as Mardi Gras but still busy and different enough from a regular night in the quarter to be substantially more enjoyable. You should see a decent amount of very well costumed people and should be a good time.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
We'll hit Bourbon of course. Can't pass up on hand grenades at Tropical Isle.

One of them is blah blah anti zoo so my usual aquarium riverboat zoo plan is shot. She really wants to do the French Quarter look at big houses thing which I've never done beyond wandering around. So any suggestions there would be great.

Glad to hear it's not as crazy as Mardi Gras. Been there done that too many times.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Oh and the last time I was downtown was Mardi Gras the year after Katrina. It was sketchy as fuck compared to usual, assume that's changed by now?