Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Why does this movie need to be made again?

money-794x510.jpg

money3.jpg

GTY_stock_cash_pile_money_dollar_bills-thg-130726_33x16_1600.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The reason it's getting made is Lawrence Kasdan. He's wanted to write a Han Solo screenplay since before George sold Lucasfilm to Disney.

The chance to do so is part of what lured him back to write TFA. It wasn't quite a quid pro quo situation of "write Episode 7 and we'll make that Han Solo movie you've always wanted" but Disney had big plans to expand the slate very early on and a Solo film was the type of thing that fit into that.

And it will be his last Star Wars movie.

Last edited:

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I like Donald Glover and think he will do fine. He's no stranger to comedy or drama.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I can see him doing ok as Lando as long as the role isn't too large. I don't think Glover has the range to carry a large chunk of a movie as a major character, but if his screen time is comparable to Empire then I think he'd do ok.

The one I really feel bad for is whoever they sucker into playing Han - no way you can live up to Harrison Ford in that role.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

khalid

Unelected Mod
Well, if they are really unable to pick someone that can handle the role of Han in tryouts, they can always just cast a young female Hanne and claim everyone bitching is a misogynist.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

They've already announced Alden Ehrenreich is playing Han.

As for Glover I think he will do fine personally, depending on how the role is written. I don't expect having a hard time buying him as a young Lando.

Xevy

Log Wizard
DIS MOTHERFUCKA WROTE FOR 30 ROCK AND SNL BEFORE HE WAS 21. HE GON BE ALRIGHT!

EDIT: I WAS WAY OFF HE WAS STILL LIKE 22 THOUGH

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
no, he's extremely talented. he'll do the role justice. i just get the impression from recent interviews that he's wanting more serious roles. which is totally fine he wants to branch out, just that it almost comes across that he's resentful of his comedic fans?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
He's always been a comedy/drama inclined guy when it comes to acting. I wouldn't worry about it.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
no, bro, i'm worried about it.

but seriously, i think he'll do the role justice. i just think he comes with some extra baggage that a relative unknown wouldn't. i think the movie will be fine with him, i just think he's gonna start pulling some #iamnotfamousanymore BS

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Not critical news, but charming interview in a sense. Didn't watch the video, only read the quote from Glover on Ellen?

I told my dad immediately. My mom was in the back, she was like, ‘Don’t mess it up.’ She was like, ‘Don’t mess this up!’ Cause Billy Dee is like—that’s hers.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
According to SW instagram, Emilia Clarke (Danaerys from GOT) was just cast in this movie

Royal

Yeah that's not doing anything to allay my trepidation about this movie. She's the epitome of an actress whose reputation and popularity are built completely on a character she happens to play rather than on her ability.

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Were people really clamoring for a Han Solo movie? I get that he's an iconic character but I can't think of a less compelling backstory in the Star Wars universe. And the dude playing him has an extremely punchable face.