Health Problems

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Why did you want to know your blood type?

Also... you can buy a blood typing test kit on Amazon for $8
At the time, I realized I was in my late 20s and didn't know it, just thought it was a piece of information I should know. I figured I'd ask since they were drawing blood anyway, what's one more test tube. I ended up donating blood and finding out. I've used that information since then a grand total of zero times.

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
You can just go to Quest Diagnostics (or wherever) and get whatever test you want done a la carte for far less money than that. No point in going through your PCP because your insurance won't pay for this because it's almost certainly snake oil as a functional product, even if there's some truth to the theory.
Interesting, I thought I needed a script to get anything like that done. Had zero expectations of insurance paying a dime, so, it's nice to not go through a gatekeeper

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Any idea why anxiety would be worse at night?

I admit today I had a soda later than I normally would so it could be caffeine making it worse, but in general even when I cease caffeine after my morning coffee, my anxiety feels worse at night

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Any idea why anxiety would be worse at night?

I admit today I had a soda later than I normally would so it could be caffeine making it worse, but in general even when I cease caffeine after my morning coffee, my anxiety feels worse at night
Cortisone levels should be minimum when you go to bed and increase during the night. So it's not surprinsing that anxiety would be worse during the night.

Might be adrenal fatigue, too much stress, caffeine not enough sleep over time causing it to dysfunction.

adrenal_curve_normal.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cortisone levels should be minimum when you go to bed and increase during the night. So it's not surprinsing that anxiety would be worse during the night.

Might be adrenal fatigue, too much stress, caffeine not enough sleep over time causing it to dysfunction.

View attachment 526796
Before bed, I would wager its the type of food he's eating and the time he's eating dinner.

Eating foods such as processed meats, high sugar foods, caffeine and alcohol, which provide little nutritional value, have been associated with more psychiatric symptoms and can increase cortisol levels—our primary hormone responsible for stress.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Before bed, I would wager its the type of food he's eating and the time he's eating dinner.
Indeed, if anxiety is starting in the evening before going to bed, that's more unnatural than during the night when cortisone is naturaly higher. Either way, the aim is to have a cortisone level as low as possible when falling asleep.

Eating earlier and avoiding sugars entirely in the evening will help for sure.

Stopping coffee for a while would probably be a good idea as well, replace it with green tea if needed, it's much better for your adrenals.

Exposure to IR light before going to bed helps as well, best is to get naturaly, but an IR device is very cheap. Or light a damn fire in winter if it's allowed.

Aswhagandha is a relatively cheap supplement with some decent evidence that it helps with adrenals problem.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
There are also firms of magnesium that are supposed to help and look into a relax/calm meditation.

• 1Like