Hell or High Water: neo-western from the writer of Sicario

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

khorum

Murder Apologist
4.88 star(s) Rating: 4.88/5 8 Votes
Title: Hell or High Water (2016)

Tagline: Blood always follows money.

Genre: Crime, Drama

Director: David Mackenzie

Cast: Jeff Bridges, Chris Pine, Ben Foster, Gil Birmingham, Marin Ireland, Katy Mixon, Dale Dickey, Kevin Rankin, Melanie Papalia, John-Paul Howard, Christopher W. Garcia, Buck Taylor, Amber Midthunder, Alma Sisneros, Gregory Cruz, Debrianna Mansini, Dylan Kenin, Terry Dale Parks, Martin Palmer, Lora Martinez-Cunningham, Richard Beal, Taylor Sheridan, Margaret Bowman, J. Nathan Simmons, Ricky Lee, Crystal Gonzales, Howard Ferguson Jr., Danny Winn, William Sterchi

Release: 2016-08-12

Runtime: 102

Plot: A divorced dad and his ex-con brother resort to a desperate scheme in order to save their family's farm in West Texas.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Looks pretty good. And this does seem like it's right in Birdges' wheelhouse.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Just writer of Sicario, don't think it's the same director. Think Sicario almost required a movie theatre for the full effect, not sure this will.

• 1Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Sounds like the trailer explained the plot.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It looks interesting.

I didn't recognize Chris Pine until the end.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Didn't even know this was out, the reviews are pretty fucking good. Now to see if I can talk the wife into it.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Looks like the wide release is August 24th. Swear to Christ these studios are clueless as shit. ZERO promotion, this looks amazing.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I will be seeing this at the end of the month . Once I escape this one horse town.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
/boggle

What the fuck studios - is this an obvious flop or something? Only place around me it's playing is the dankiest theater. Can someone confirm this is as awesome as it looks? Very fucking frustrating.

Also war dogs is out, anything good there?

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Saw this last night. Fucking excellent. Best movie I've seen this year by far.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah caught this last night. Definitely one of the best of the year.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just got back from this and thought it was incredible. Pretty much had me at Peter Berg and Nick Cave doing the score. Everything was spot on and so well done. Definitely go see if you can.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Ya I have three theatres nearby, one awesome, one mediocre, one complete nasty shit... it's in the shit one. God dammit.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Ya I have three theatres nearby, one awesome, one mediocre, one complete nasty shit... it's in the shit one. God dammit.
Yeah we saw it at the artsy-fartsy theater that usually screens anime and gay documentaries. I usually have to shower twice after watching anything there.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not sure what is worse, gay anime theater or the fact mine was filled with 200 Arkansas football fans waiting to see Greater (2016) - IMDb because WOOOOO PIGGG! HOW BOUT THEM HOGS! At least it serves alcohol and white castle.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database