Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
rrr_img_23992.jpg

I haven't played a TCG since the 90s but even 20 years later, I still have that itch to play since I love deck building. I just haven't played since my circle of friends really doesn't lean towards CCGs. All the online games I've played have been pretty bad. I saw this kickstarter today and it really looks fucking awesome.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ding-card-game

This card game is being put out by Cryptozoic Entertainment who makes the WOW TCG which apparently is a popular game (I know nothing about it). The game looks like it's fully funded and the kickstarter looks like it's mostly there to generate buzz and work as a pre-order. I suggest clicking on the link above and watching the video.

The game has some interesting aspects to it that seem to take from all the flash games that you find all over the web.
  • Raids & Dungeons
  • Do PVE with a guild
  • Tournaments and Duals
  • Cards have gear slots and gem slots
  • Cards have unlockable achievements that let you "level them up"

Maybe someone can talk about other online card games and how successful they are, but this one seems really cool. The kickstarter hands out starter decks ($10) and booster packs ($2). I have no idea if that is expensive or not.

It's worth checking out I think. This might be the second Kickstarter I actually back.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I used to play the Magic the Gathering online game back in the day and there was always people on. The interface was archaic, so something like this I could see catching on for sure. I appreciate you linking this as I've backed it. I was hoping the Magic game for consoles was more like this, and while it is still fun to play, you can't buy cards/build your own decks.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This is also promising and should help promote the game even more:

"We are planning on a tablet/mobile release. The tech has been built from the ground up to work on tablets and mobile devices. We just don't think we can have that done in time for release, so it will come later. It's been part of the plan all along, though."

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I used to play the Magic the Gathering online game back in the day and there was always people on. The interface was archaic, so something like this I could see catching on for sure. I appreciate you linking this as I've backed it. I was hoping the Magic game for consoles was more like this, and while it is still fun to play, you can't buy cards/build your own decks.
MTGO's interface is still archaic and people pay a shitload for the privilege of playing it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Back it, mainly because I miss my time with digital MTG, spent like 2K on packs in a year at one point. Wonder if this game with cause me to do the same...

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sigh Impulse buying here I go! Pledge $250 Dungeon Crawler Tier... but hey if it doesn't get the funding I never get charged...
We need 2 people to go for the Guild Masters and Raid leader packs. If someone commits to one of those I'll switch my pledge to the other though I'd prefer to stick to Dungeon Crawler knowing my playstyle.
21040d54ae4c1ac7f4bec68a8427c535_large.jpg

210fcdec18f827c46d246ce39fd98dd5_large.jpg

0cfdac28c49284bad9c01489bad5b393_large.jpg

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ahh think I'm going to switch to the Pro Players pack

Yeah, Pro player looks like the best of the 250 tiers. If you lose, yous till get 3 free packs a week, and thats hard to top! Without paying a single cent more, you could feasibly get all the cards in a set. Especially if you start winning!
9267476f17d2737e0d40377b11e6682c_large.jpg

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Some interesting stuff from dev's on the forums.
Edit: These are dev responses (unless I included the Q) to questions to different forum posts. Just random ones I found interesting.

A: There is Gold (in-game currency) and Platinum (premium currency).

B: You won't be able to purchase boosters with Gold through the store. Gold will be able to be spent in the Auction House to purchase cards you need from people that list items for Gold. Additionally, you'll be able to grow your collection with PvE card and gear drops in dungeons and raids.

C: Gold can be used for vendors, auction house, trades, Keep defense, and a variety of other things we're working on. The in-game store requires Platinum.

You can purchase gold with platinum, but not the other way around.

Q: Is Keep Defense like a dungeon or something?
A:It is an offline play mode that will have a full write up in the next few days. Basically, you can attack another player's Keep, trying to win their treasure, if you lose, the fee you pay to challenge them is added to the treasure (and the owner of the keep gets a cut). If you win you get all the rewards they put in their treasure. It's a robust system that I'm just not doing justice to. Keep an eye out for the full article.

Q:So can you can sell your cards for premium and real money currency?
A:Yes.

Couple quick answers. PvP is isolated from PvE. Things you earn in PvE will not impact your PvP experience as we want to make sure PvP is well balanced and people are on an even footing. Also, Gems are not something you have to collect, they are like the resources in that you just have access to all you need during deck construction.

In regards to Beta access across pledge amount: I would love to say that the higher paid tiers get in first (GO HELP US MORE!!!) but honestly, you'll all get in at the same time :)

Yes, there will be crafting in HEX :)

You can have an unlimited amount of players in your guild, and we're implementing tools to make that manageable. Best of luck on your recruitment.

In regards to Android/iOS APP: The technology has been designed since day 1 to port to tablet/mobile. There will be some UI tweaks to do, but it won't be a difficult thing. Currently we are targeting iOS. I don't have anything firm to say on Android.

Pro Player Tier
Hey Fuglie, let's go through your questions with some answers:

Q: After the free draft do you keep the cards? Hence is it a free pack of boosters each week?
A: A draft is made up of each player drafting 3 boosters. So it means that basically there are 3 free boosters each week because you get to keep those cards.

Q: Or is it just free entry into a tourney that would cost xx$?
A: It is also a free tournament that would normally cost an amount of currency.

Q: Also is there only one pro player tourney? One winner out of 1000?
A: Yes, there is only one pro player tournament. We'll schedule it far enough in advance, and let all the people eligible for this event know when it will take place. We don't want you to miss it.

Q: I am interested in PVP. Is there anywhere I can read up more on that aspect of the gameplay?
A: I think you mean PvE??? So I'll answer for both just in case. PvP: This is mainly accomplished via tournaments and the lobbies where players can challenge or find games in a more casual setting. All this content is one player playing against another player (with 2v2 to come later). Check out this link for some more details on Tournaments:http://hextcg.com/game/tournaments/

We will also be offering a soft subscription model that, for a small monthly fee, will get you 1 booster per week. All for the low cost of $4 USD per month. So yea, you get twice the value in just boosters. You don't have to have the subscription, but seems like a good value :)

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Sounds like a couple web browser TCG already out that were tranlated into english withen the last so many months.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I will also accept someone buying me a $250 tier package in exchange for forgiveness for any past transgressions you may have made against me.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One thing I slightly disliked about the video they posted is basically the game is MTG. Like I literally didn't learn anything new about the game that wasn't in MTG other than getting multiple ressource types for "lands". That's ok btw I loved MTG years ago and I loved it when I picked up one of the game a few months ago, but I'm just wondering if they have any non MTG rules/mechanics and it'd be nice if they displayed these in their videos. Might be all the unique/original mechanics are on stuff that doesn't directly interact with combat though(like equiping your champion to get different ingame powers and what not).

Anyway looked good so I decided to back it up to get a beta spot, first time I did kickstarter shit, was surprised at how easy it actually was, registration took 10secs(not even mail confirmation was needed), then it linked to my amazon account which still had my CC from sometimes I used it, so it's just a bunch of clicks, thought it'd be more annoying than that.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is really awesome. $50 pack for me. Interesting how I've spent more on Kickstarters than actual games over the past year.