Hololive - Vtuber Thread.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Eh. Making this to move it out of Gaming/Twitch stuff.

Hololive GTA shenanigans have started.

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
More Biboo

There's a huge flood of clips hitting right now :emoji_laughing:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What a bunch of degenerate weebs. Anyway here's a wholesome magic trick by Gura

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I played that bullet hell game with them in it, and liked it a lot for a free game (more than many paid versions), but have no fucking clue what is going on here.

Is there some sort of starting point or lore dump or something to get up to speed on wtf is happening here?

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Awkward The Simpsons GIF

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I played that bullet hell game with them in it, and liked it a lot for a free game (more than many paid versions), but have no fucking clue what is going on here.

Is there some sort of starting point or lore dump or something to get up to speed on wtf is happening here?

They're streamers but they use anime avatars. I just check out funny clips that people compile instead of watching live.

I usually just watch Gura clips but Calliope has pretty good music

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

It's a pretty deep rabbit hole. I 90% watch the Hololive EN girls. Usually through clips and stuff. The Hololive Vtubers are basically streamer version of Japan Idol's. Out of that group, I can't think of any that I hate. There are an abundance of different personalities and being behind Avatars they seem more genuine than the Just Chatting people on Twitch.

They're streamers but they use anime avatars. I just check out funny clips that people compile instead of watching live.

I usually just watch Gura clips but Calliope has pretty good music

Yeah, Gura was my entry into it all. Mori I started following cuz her music was pretty good.

Also don't know if you saw this cover:

• 1Pathetic

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Am I supposed to be able to understand half of what they say? Is it like watching a movie with all obscure British accents where after awhile you start to follow them better?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Am I supposed to be able to understand half of what they say? Is it like watching a movie with all obscure British accents where after awhile you start to follow them better?
Those GTA clips are because it's being hosted by the Japanese side of Hololive.

Here are some clips from the EN Minecraft server they did a couple weeks ago.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
GTA5 is a really special game for Miko. It kind of saved her career.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Vtubing was all Japanese until 2020 when they released an all english line up. Yeah you have to watch a few clips to see what kind of content they do, some are more gaming heavy while others do more music, art, etc.

Gura got me hooked on Japanese city pop, this shit is catchy as hell

Rabbit_Games

Blackwing Lair Raider
Vtubing was all Japanese until 2020 when they released an all english line up. Yeah you have to watch a few clips to see what kind of content they do, some are more gaming heavy while others do more music, art, etc.

Gura got me hooked on Japanese city pop, this shit is catchy as hell

I think I get it now: it's this generation's Lounge Lizard vibe.